Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23535 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

New 52 batman vs pre crisis batman

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

This isn't really a battle but just to see who's better and why.

I don't know pre new 52 batman as well as I know new 52 batman so I was wondering if he was depowered in new 52 or if he was made better and stronger and smarter.

What do you think?

Who would win in a fight? Who's stronger, smarter etc.?

MuyJingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

New 52 Batman wins...stronger, better fighter, better tech. Pre 52 batman is smarter, but that's about it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So batman got an upgrade in new 52

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
    ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

New 52 Batman just has better tech and suit. Pre 52 was stronger, faster, better, fighter, and way smarter.

Breadspread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Breadspread

Experience counts for a lot, and if the new 52 has done anything, it has condensed a lot of time. A large amount of things happened in a shorter amount of time (3 Robins for example). So the pre 52 Batman has a lot more experience, I'd give it to him.

russellmania77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

s.a. had eye brows

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

New 52 Batman just has better tech and suit. Pre 52 was stronger, faster, better, fighter, and way smarter.

This.

dmreyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@muyjingo said:

New 52 Batman wins...stronger, better fighter, better tech. Pre 52 batman is smarter, but that's about it.

So basically it's a matter of opinion, as these two views are polar opposite except for "smarter" which is agreed upon that P52 Bats has the edge. I also agree hands that P52 Batman has more experience, as P52 Batman was around a lot longer than 5 years. I would disagree that Pre52 Batman was stronger, if anything, he was more realistic in his abilities. It keeps getting brought up that the N52 Batman reps 1,000 pound bench presses, which is quite frankly absurd, but would especially be so for P52 Batman. I've mostly read, and continue to read, P52 Batman. I wasn't so seduced into buying N52 Batman but lately I've been reading some storylines (Zero Year, the Wrath, and the annuals) and I've liked them so far. I'm thinking it's perfectly fine to like both. I just try to keep them as "separate universes, separate interpretations" in my mind as I read them.

MuyJingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dmreyn: I have no reason why I said New 52 batman would win. I don't know what I was thinking.

Pre 52 batman was stronger and a better fighter for sure. I don't think New52 Batman would have a chance.

Oboga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman wins

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy said:

@ultrastarkiller said:

This.

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Black_Arrow

Well I don´t know if stronger. Batman fron the new 52 has some crazy feats like this one:

No Caption Provided

Amratheking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The title says "pre-crisis" Batman. Is that what you meant? Because if we're talking Bronze Age Batman, he was definitely physically superior to the New52 Batman. He also utilized his detective skill more often instead of just relying on tech to do the work for him. He had to be written as stronger, because he had inferior armor, gadgets, and no gas-powered grapnel line. It was a strong rope, with a grapnel attached. His grip and shoulder strength must have been enormous. He also slugged it out with Croc numerous times, and even knocked him on his ass with a punch once or twice, supported a 1000-pound ceiling, etc.

GeoKnowsBest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There's a reason why the term BatGod gets thrown around these days. Batman has been shown to do some ridiculous stuff, like taking on Darkseid and other crap.

Alexander505

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We are not sure if Bats will fight Darkseid, we'll see the next month on B&R. In the issue of this month, he defeated Kalibak pretty easily anyway..

Bat_Girl_CC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@rustyroy said:

@ultrastarkiller said:

This.

OrangeBat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

New 52 Batman is currently inferior, but going by his track record so far, I daresay he'll surpass Pre-52 Batman in about 5 years.

With every new reboot, Batman gets more powerful. Post-Crisis was more powerful than the Pre-Crisis version for the most part. New 52 version has the potential to top even that.

Vivide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Precrisis, the guy had a good attitude doesn't act like a snitch and is actually great pals with superman. He treats people like human beings, and smiles like a good person.

Spiderman1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pre Crisis as in Bronze Age?

Avatar image for blackhawk000111
    blackhawk000111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy said:

@ultrastarkiller said:

This.

New 52 Batman is currently inferior, but going by his track record so far, I daresay he'll surpass Pre-52 Batman in about 5 years.

With every new reboot, Batman gets more powerful. Post-Crisis was more powerful than the Pre-Crisis version for the most part. New 52 version has the potential to top even that.

Avatar image for captain_batman_ftw
    captain_batman_FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for patrickborkland
    patrickborkland

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

yes Pre52 Batman is stronger, more experienced and most definitely smarter, HOWEVER, it's fascinating to think that Bruce in new52 may actually surpass Pre52 in the years to come. Many people diss the New52 reboot but what fans aren't realizing is that DC has begun a whole fresh start so they can stick with these characters for so many years to come. I'm not saying New52 Batman will BECOME pre52, what I am saying is looking at all the harsh stuff Bruce has been through so far (Synder's work with Court of Owls and Death of the Family and now Eternal has beat the crap out of Bruce more than the majority of Pre52 material) he will surpass what Pre52 could ever achieve. Someone mentioned this above I just wanted to allanorate on it a little

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

New 52 batman would beat pre crisis batman from what I have seen.

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Black_Arrow

@jashro44 said:

Pre Crisis would pull a good fight his physicals are good and he seems more skilled he can win.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By jashro44

@black_arrow said:

@jashro44 said:

Pre Crisis would pull a good fight his physicals are good and he seems more skilled he can win.

I don't think his physicals are better than new 52. Or skill.

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Black_Arrow

@jashro44 said:

@black_arrow said:

@jashro44 said:

I don't think his physicals are better than new 52. Or skill.

In skill he seemed more knowledge. But I can´t assure it, the difference between Precrisis and Post crisis in Batman was very subtle. Some things were retconned but most of the story remained the same (they were some changes here and there but overall they were pretty similar).

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@black_arrow: I don't know man. In the new 52 batman has shown he knows a pressure point that can be used for either paralyzing or killing. He also was able to reverse a pressure point. Plus he used pressure points on some steroid freak as well. In terms of knowledge I don't see an advantage for pre crisis batman.

adrikito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By adrikito

I have no idea.. Pre, New...Unlike Superman, here Both characters are the same..

Mr___death

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman wins

Avatar image for deactivated-5bf19635a2b53
    deactivated-5bf19635a2b53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pre-crisis Batman stomps

Avatar image for deactivated-5c0937ce9ad57
    deactivated-5c0937ce9ad57

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

New 52 Batman.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.