Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23645 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Most curable Batman rogue

Ultimate Joker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Ultimate Joker

Out of them all, who are the most likely to be cured even if they are not cured ever due to the "it wouldn't be exciting" rule? My money's on the likes of Harley Quinn and Riddler. Don't know why, but they seem the most "sane" out of the "insane" people. Perhaps I've missed a person or two, and maybe there's something I'm missing about these two but they kinda struck me as the most likely candidates.

MrMiracle77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By MrMiracle77

Riddler.  He's already reformed at least once.

bingbangboom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By bingbangboom

Problem is that they reform them and run out of villians or ideas and make them go bad again. It would be interesting to see them really reform and have DC stick to it. Would cause a great dynamic. I mean could you imagine a Justice League team with even Catwoman on it? Would be cool but they won't.

johnny_spam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By johnny_spam
    @bingbangboom said:

"Problem is that they reform them and run out of villians or ideas and make them go bad again. It would be interesting to see them really reform and have DC stick to it. Would cause a great dynamic. I mean could you imagine a Justice League team with even Catwoman on it? Would be cool but they won't. "

I think reforming villains doesn't work any more than heroes becoming villlains it's not what the character is about at all. I think people tend to like the villains more than they should and start to see things in the characters that make them forget they are no one's friends and everyone's pain in the ass.
    Avatar image for defaultdefaultdefault
    defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man-Bat. they came seconds from curing him. if he wasnt able to turn into
    Man-Bat, he likely wouldnt be a villain anymore. afterwords Wayne could give
    him a job and a purpose.

Ultimate Joker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Ultimate Joker
    @johnny spam said:

" @bingbangboom said:

"Problem is that they reform them and run out of villians or ideas and make them go bad again. It would be interesting to see them really reform and have DC stick to it. Would cause a great dynamic. I mean could you imagine a Justice League team with even Catwoman on it? Would be cool but they won't. "

I think reforming villains doesn't work any more than heroes becoming villlains it's not what the character is about at all. I think people tend to like the villains more than they should and start to see things in the characters that make them forget they are no one's friends and everyone's pain in the ass. "
    To me it depends on the villain/hero. Sometimes a hero/villain NEEDS to change into the other because it's EXACTLY what that specific character is all about. In real life people become good or bad all the time. Hell, lots of the time a villain had started out as a good guy in a story and we see him fall into that dark pit becoming "evil", and we label them a "tragic villain" because we can at least understand and feel remorse for them as well as comprehend why they became what they are now. 

Sometimes it works beautifully, but the problem is most villains won't change properly because they were too good as a villain and fans don't want a change. Now don't get me wrong, the likes of Joker, Scarecrow, Zsasz, Croc, Ivy, etc, etc, shouldn't change for more than just plot reasons, but shouldn't because for the most part it would go against character and contradict how psychotic or ill they really are; in real life most "insane" people never really get cured so it's even more in-character for them to stay psycho. 

Someone like Harley or Riddler are far more capable of a recovery, so why shouldn't they reform given enough time? Only one reason for why they should remain and that is to please the fans. Look at Emma Frost. Started out as a villain for like decades, right? Now she's been an X-Woman for quite a few years and it's expected she is solely on the side of good in movie, cartoon, and even video game canon! I'd say that's quite a change in general attitude from writers in all mediums. 

What about Jason Todd? What's he been doing other than being a loon? Last time I checked, he used to be a Robin, and after that he used to be dead too. I guess the writers are still debating what to do with him, eh? XP
    johnny_spam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By johnny_spam

@Ultimate Joker: Well the whole Jason Todd thing to me is a good example I just reread the first book of Under the Hood and it was good but still it further cements my belief that heroes should not become villains and vice versa. As for Jason in his last appearance that seemed to be a meta fictional commentary on a character which Grant Morrison is known for. It could be read that Jason was in fact pissed off at the fans who killed him and is angry over that more than anything.

In real life people may become good or bad but in superhero comics the morality is mostly clearly defined all making a hero a villain does mostly is a stunt and the villain becoming a hero is just a temporary change till it wears off. 

To me Harley Quinn and Riddler are good villains but still slightly pathetic (as most comic book villains should be) if a hero is something we hope we can be then a villain should be something we hate Harley Quinn to me is how pathetic women who fall in love with people like Charles Manson are or people's fascination with the macabre. Riddler is less dangerous to me than Joker but still dangerous to Batman because he is driven by his own huge ego to beat Batman on a intellectual level. Paul Dini even said he became a PI to show Batman how he can still beat him by solving crimes before hand but somewhere along the way I think he lost sight of it and fell to much in love with the character ignoring his villanous nature like how he did with Joker.

ironshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ironshadow

Two-Face

Nova`Prime`

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Nova`Prime`

For the most part they are all curable.. I mean a .45 slug cures a ton of ailments :)

Croaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Croaker
    @ironshadow said:
    " Two-Face "
    Reformed and relapsed countless times. He seems like a lost cause.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.