Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23648 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Justice League issue 25 theroy

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
    ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 18

Edited By ULTRAstarkiller

This is my second blog so forgive me if I suck :P. Also if this has been done before I'm sorry.

If you haven't read Justice League 25 the Forever Evil prepare cause SPOILER ALERT.

BATMAN MAY BE THE ONLY LEAGUER WHO DOESN'T HAVE A CRIME SYNDICATE COUNTER PART, IN THE NEW 52? hmmm So we know that Batman has an alternate universe counterpart known as Owl-Man, whose real name is Thomas Wayne. But this is a completely altered canon so things in Pre-52 don't seem to apply here. In Justice League 25 we got a look at Owl-Man's (aka Thomas Wayne Jr.) history and with he and his family we see not 2, not 3, but 4 family members of the Wayne family.

No Caption Provided

"This is strange". You ask. "This has never happened before". You say. You're absolutely right but need I remind you this is a completely different canon of the DC you came so accustom to. And I you remember the beginning of Snyder's Batman run, Batman was fending off the Court of Owls and the Talons. Batman fought their leader Lincoln March. March revealed to Bruce that he was his mentally unstable brother named Thomas Wayne Jr, whom after there parents died was forgotten.

No Caption Provided

This may or may not be true, it was never confirmed. However during flashbacks in JL 25 you can see Thomas Wayne Jr with a younger brother named Bruce. Now on this earth Bruce, died along with his no good crime boss parents, by the the hands of young Thomas Wayne Jr. On our earth however the young Bruce lived while his brother "rotting in a special hospital". Now with this knowledge in mind, is it possible that the young Thomas Wayne Jr is not a counterpart to Bruce Wayne but a counter part to the young Lincoln March? Now is it possible that since our worlds Lincoln March became there worlds Owl-Man, that our worlds Bruce Wayne lived and there's died in the alley last night? Maybe maybe not, I doubt this is something that will be of importance to the future stories just some thing I thought would be fun digging into.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

What are your thoughts on the matter? More importantly did you like this blog? Hope you enjoyed.

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
    MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

MIND BLOWN!

LordoftheNorth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

1. Thomas Wayne Jr is actualy the younger brother in the main DCU(if he actualy is Bruce's brother that is) so Thomas Wayne Jr of Earth 3 may still be that earth's Bruce

2. Even if that isnt true they would still be counterparts becuase the paths they chose made them both into protecters of Gotham albeit one chose a corrupt path

3. Earth 3 Waynes werent crime bosses but Thomas was a doctor who excessively cut his patients Thomas Jr killing his parents becuase they whre wasting the family fortune

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
    ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#3  Edited By ULTRAstarkiller
    LordoftheNorth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

trebean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So basically Lincoln March is to Chaotic Evil as to Owlman is to Lawful Evil? Makes sense.

1. Thomas Wayne Jr is actualy the younger brother in the main DCU(if he actualy is Bruce's brother that is) so Thomas Wayne Jr of Earth 3 may still be that earth's Bruce

2. Even if that isnt true they would still be counterparts becuase the paths they chose made them both into protecters of Gotham albeit one chose a corrupt path

3. Earth 3 Waynes werent crime bosses but Thomas was a doctor who excessively cut his patients Thomas Jr killing his parents becuase they whre wasting the family fortune

By Main DCU, do you mean Pre-52? So what? Ultraman's was changed (I HAVE NO KNOWLEDGE OF THE CSA OTHER THAN EARTH 2 BY MORISSON DO NOT TAKE MY WORD FOR THIS). None of those points really change Ultra's points other than 2 (3 Just kinda corrected him) And that carries as much value as saying Captain America and Uncle Sam (Or whatever the name of the guy from Freedom Fighters/Force/Fruits is) are also counterparts.

LordoftheNorth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By LordoftheNorth

@trebean: Ok Ultra's point was that Batman dosnt actualy have a counterpart becuase Owl man is Thomas Jr

now i pointed out that In the main DCU as in the new 52 Bruce is the older brother of Thomas Jr(that is if Lincoln was right) but on Earth 3 Thomas is the older brother. So infact the Bruce of the main DCU could still be Thomas Jr of Earth 3 becuase they are just names.

and my second point was to illistrate that even if they arent counterparts the way Superman and Ultraman are they are counterparts in the way that they both become protectors of Gotham but both chose differance paths batman becomeing a watchful Guardian and Owlman becoming a Redhood like dictactor controling crime by being the crime boss of Gotham

and yes my third point was a correction

Al_capOWN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I'm confused though, how does dick grayson fit into all this?

TakeLuutzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@al_capown: I think Dick Grayson is the Talon.. They did call him that in a flashback in Forever Evil right?

LordoftheNorth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.