Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23630 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

It's official. Batman's a Meta-Human

• 119 results
    BatmanPlusJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By BatmanPlusJay

Poll It's official. Batman's a Meta-Human (75 votes)

Batman is better 59%
    Nah, they messed batman up by doing this.. 41%

Here's why batman's a meta human:

Showcasing his dodging speed against 4 super powered people (who are enhanced with Bloom seeds that grants them super powers) who are attacking him at the same time and are unable to land a single attack against him. According to Alfred we learn this is likely due to his now newly improved body having been fully healed by the Dionesium (the formula that gives Talon's their super human abilities plus healing factor) he was exposed to that also seemingly boosted his physical abilities due to healing all the years of battle scars and wounds he endured throughout his crime fighting career. (Batman v2 #50) This is Rebirth batman.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Batman's now fast enough to dodge even 4 meta-human blasts at once without even as much as a scratch, he just did it flawlessly. And as stated above, batman's been exposed to the Dionesium and his physical stats increased.

Now, before this "upgrade" batman was a Peak Human (meaning you seriously couldn't be better unless you got enhanced or something), So a peak human PLUS a physical upgrade = Meta-human.

My opinion:

I don't like it. I mean, it's a good/bad thing. I like that batman's getting better and all, but I want him to achieve his future feats as a human, not a meta, kind of ruins character for me a bit. Not to mention batman's already got some crazy a*s feats as a human, just imagine a meta-batman now..? I think he'll be a tad too much(and this is coming from a total batman fan). But who knows? I might grow to like it..

• 
    Butros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batmanplusjay:

I'm saying that is not nearly on Cap or Ds(pre 52)

He's not a peak human,that's all,he's not even the best fighter in DC.

Avatar image for nathaniel_christopher
    Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nathaniel_christopher: @theacidskull: @lxlgiftedlxl: "Better than ever". Alfred didn't say "You're as good as when you first started". He actually specifically chose the word "Well...ever" he meditated at "..." a bit and knew, not even batman first starting off was as good as this. So, this is EVER. Meaning it's a definite level up.

Doesn't classify him as a meta human, which is what was noted in the quote you responded to.

BatmanPlusJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By BatmanPlusJay

@nathaniel_christopher: Ever hear of "reading between the lines"? Not everything will be thrown at you like feeding a dog a bone. You gotta figure it out. It's called analyzing skills. Use it.

BatmanPlusJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@butros:Yup. He is the best fighter in DC. DS only knows 12 martial arts. xD

And yup. He is peak. Like I said, get over it. What you think doesn't matter in the situation of who batman is. The writers wrote him as peak. You have literally 0 power to change that fact.

And This is DC. Df why are you bring marvel into this? And CAP COULD beat batman but it'll be a stalemate. But if they fight like using EVERYTHING(Eviroment, resources, gadgets) batman wins hands down.

Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nathaniel_christopher: Ever hear of "reading between the lines"? Not everything will be thrown at you like feeding a dog a bone. You gotta figure it out. It's called analyzing skills. Use it.

LOL yeah that's not how that works. Characters that are meta humans are always clearly defined and always have been. Taking these scans and then trying to say Batman being a meta human is "official" is a massive leap.

BatmanPlusJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nathaniel_christopher: LOL yeah that's how it works. I'm sure it's a massive leap. if I could change the title to theory, I would. But he might be later defined, idk, maybe when he gets back to the batcave.

Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batmanplusjay said:

@nathaniel_christopher: LOL yeah that's how it works. I'm sure it's a massive leap. if I could change the title to theory, I would. But he might be later defined, idk, maybe when he gets back to the batcave.

And he might never be, in which case it remains what it is now: a theory and not an "official" fact. lol thinking you can officially determine that Batman's now a meta human when nothing in the text even states such is just silly.

Snyder says that Batman's better than ever so he MUST be a meta human lol come on now.

BatmanPlusJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nathaniel_christopher: "lol come on now". Uhm, what, that doesn't make sense to you? You just for some odd reason can't comprehend what makes sense?

It makes perfect sense. He chose those words for a reason.

Lol I bet he is a meta. xD

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's what I been telling ya'll before!

Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nathaniel_christopher: "lol come on now". Uhm, what, that doesn't make sense to you? You just for some odd reason can't comprehend what makes sense?

It makes perfect sense. He chose those words for a reason.

Lol I bet he is a meta. xD

The words literally say that Batman's better than he's ever been lol and then you're somehow coming to the conclusion that that means he's a Meta? lol like with the Batman vs Wonder Woman thing, ok bro.

BatmanPlusJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nathaniel_christopher: Who even said anything about wonder woman? Although he could take on WW. And possibly win.

Do you not know what better than EVER means? He's better than even when he FIRST STARTED. Note: When he first started he was already a PEAK. But now he's better than EVER. Even when he first started.

He's a meta now.

Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batmanplusjay said:

@nathaniel_christopher: Who even said anything about wonder woman? Although he could take on WW. And possibly win.

Do you not know what better than EVER means? He's better than even when he FIRST STARTED. Note: When he first started he was already a PEAK. But now he's better than EVER. Even when he first started.

He's a meta now.

Conclusion makes no sense lol

Also i'm fairly certain that Batman when he first started was not considered to be at his peak when he first started.

Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nathaniel_christopher: No, no you ignoramus.. BRUCE trained to be at his peak. After all that hard work and training and everything, he became the batman. So yes, he was peak when he first started because Bruce was peak. And even after being peak, batman continued to work out and get better. So you're not certain anything.

And my conclusion makes perfect sense. You just clearly aren't on the comprehension level I'm on. Or you are, but acting coy.

If Batman was capable of further training and improvement then how was he at his peak? The definition of a peak is literally the highest point that something can be lol if you're at it then you, again by definition, cannot go beyond it. So you're contradicting yourself here.

BatmanPlusJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nathaniel_christopher: I never said he got physically better. I wasn't talking about that. I was saying like, he continued to work on his fighting styles and form and get even better with those. Yeah, he was already a master. But practice makes perfect. And he's almost perfect.

Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batmanplusjay said:

@nathaniel_christopher: I never said he got physically better. I wasn't talking about that. I was saying like, he continued to work on his fighting styles and form and get even better with those. Yeah, he was already a master. But practice makes perfect. And he's almost perfect.

What makes you think 25 was Bruce's physical peak, when things such as bones continue to develop years after? Heck muscle mass might not finish until a person hits 30, in which case the person would still physically be capable of more after the age of 25 than he was previously.

lamdaddy20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

It's comic books. Peak human in comics is not peak human in real life.

Zer0-X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In the scan, doesn't it literally say "All the scarring... is gone." "You're the strongest Batman, since, well, ever." I mean, can we not take this as meaning that he's healed and can move at peak capablities at the prime age of his life? He's not meta-human and it's been stated that he's going to wear down again like a human would so I don't know what's the confusion about tbh.

Zer0-X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's comic books. Peak human in comics is not peak human in real life.

DrMirakuru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hate non- powered people sometimes. Don't get me wrong, Batman is very awesome. But it just doesn't make a lot of sense how he can dodge Darkseid's beams, dodge an entire room of gunfire, survive metahuman brawls, etc. I see this as a way of correcting this. I never liked a 'peak' character, esp for Batman. That's why in my own comic I made my "batman type character" low level meta.

MuyJingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By MuyJingo

WTF? He isn't meta, he was just healed to perfection. He went back to his prime, with the benefit of having several years worth of knowledge.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

This is just another typical Snyderism,generate an illusion of change even if there is no actual change. Batman has always been peak,infact younger Batman tends to be lesser to older Batman physically,years of scarring and injuries have never prevented Batman from accomplishing his feats which by real life standards are meta human level. Snyder is trying to say that Batman is better because there are no scars and injuries thanks to the dinosium so Batman should be better now,except he really wont be. There is unlikely to be a single feat that wouldnt have been able to replicate pre-dinosium. In Snyder's case it's even worse because his Batman usually tends to be a brute anyway. At best this development gives battle forums diehards a counter argument to Cap's SSS since many believe that Cap by virtue of his serum should always be superior regardless of the feats,that's all it amounts to.

Butros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Butros

@entropy_aegis:

Well SSS is still different,outside other advantages Cap costantly heals like this.

Unless dyonisium in Bat's body wont wear off,making him gain some kind of costant healing factor,Bat is nowhere near Cap even in that department.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@butros said:

@jonny_anonymous:

Well I wonder when this term was first used in comics.

I suppose it comes from some Cap's bios,but not sure.

At least id DC never really defined pre52 Slade,he simply was better than any trained man.

The same should be said of Cap.

It's not a quantifiable term. Like "Olympic Level Athlete" Not all Olympians are made equal, some are faster than others. Adam Warlock was genetically created to be the peak of human ability and he can go one on one with Thanos.

Adam Warlock is super human according to the marvel handbooks. Regardless he doesn't usually fight thanos physically as far as I know. The term peak human comes from the marvel handbook and its suppose to mean that characters can lift at least twice there own body weight up to any weight below 800ibs....All though fans often misuse the term.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

@jashro44 said:
    @jonny_anonymous said:
    @butros said:

@jonny_anonymous:

Well I wonder when this term was first used in comics.

I suppose it comes from some Cap's bios,but not sure.

At least id DC never really defined pre52 Slade,he simply was better than any trained man.

The same should be said of Cap.

It's not a quantifiable term. Like "Olympic Level Athlete" Not all Olympians are made equal, some are faster than others. Adam Warlock was genetically created to be the peak of human ability and he can go one on one with Thanos.

Adam Warlock is super human according to the marvel handbooks. Regardless he doesn't usually fight thanos physically as far as I know. The term peak human comes from the marvel handbook and its suppose to mean that characters can lift at least twice there own body weight up to any weight below 800ibs....All though fans often misuse the term.

Adam Warlock can and has fought Thanos physically and he absolutely is superhuman but he was created to be the peak of human potential. The term is meaningless, it can mean anything from olympic level record breaker to the very limit of possible human evolution and everything in between.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By jashro44

@jonny_anonymous: Usually when people use the term peak human they aren't talking about the peak of human potential.

adrikito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#77  Edited By adrikito

I thought that Batman again felt in the same way as the start being Batman(no internal injury, or anything) and little else, by the mention that it was better than ever.. Nothing of Meta Human.

BatmanPlusJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nathaniel_christopher: Still talking that muscle mass bullsh*t even after I said it doesnt apply to batman like a million f*cking times. Batman is a FICTIONAL CHARACTER!! Why df do you still think that sh*t applies to batman if hes still like 35 and was made in the early 1900s?! There IS NONE of that muscle mass bullsh*t youre talking about.

But seriously, how many times must I f*cking repeat THIS DOES NOT APPLY TO A FICTIONAL CHARACTER before you even BEGIN to comprehend it?!?!

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

That is not what the scan says.

Thekillerklok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Thekillerklok
    Here we have Batgod demonstrating just one hidden use of Prep.
    Here we have Batgod demonstrating just one hidden use of Prep.

Batman already has prep.

Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batmanplusjay said:

@nathaniel_christopher: Still talking that muscle mass bullsh*t even after I said it doesnt apply to batman like a million f*cking times. Batman is a FICTIONAL CHARACTER!! Why df do you still think that sh*t applies to batman if hes still like 35 and was made in the early 1900s?! There IS NONE of that muscle mass bullsh*t youre talking about.

But seriously, how many times must I f*cking repeat THIS DOES NOT APPLY TO A FICTIONAL CHARACTER before you even BEGIN to comprehend it?!?!

LOL just stop. You have zero proof of Batman being a meta human and numerous others have pointed out why, which is that the scan makes no mention of it. You're grasping at straws.

BatDad87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wouldn't say meta human but he's definitely the peak of human ability. Yes he was healed but that doesn't necessarily make him a meta human it just is like a fountain of youth concept where his body was rejuvenated but he still has all the knowledge and wisdom he's gained from his years of fighting crime.

Alexander505

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Night_Raven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman clearly has an upgrade, but unless it's stated in upcoming issues, 'meta-human' refers to humans that have been enhanced - i.e. have powers. This can be minor, even to the point that Batman could be as strong (or other physical trait) as some of them, but that doesn't make him 'meta', just in better shape than he ever has been. So yes, Batman is stronger, faster, etc than he was, but there's no reason to place this label on him unless the writers tell us to. I don't even see why any Batman fan would actually want him to enhanced.

OP needs to ease up on the aggressiveness!

Gracetrack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By Gracetrack

Nowhere in that comic did I see it stated or implied that the dionesium made him a meta (by most comic book standards of that word). Batman's always been fast. Incidentally, those seed freaks he was fighting have something close to around ZERO speed feats.

As others have been saying, "better than ever" does not necessarily mean he is now a meta. You're reaching.

BatmanPlusJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By BatmanPlusJay

@night_raven:I don't want him enhanced. I think him being enhanced breaks batman. If he was enhanced, batman wouldn't be as badass doing certain things like he used to do as a human because then now he's a meta. I want batman to stay human, while I do want him to be better, I don't want him to necessarily be upgraded past peak-point.Maybe batman just learning new fighting moves or just something to make him better, but not break his peak-point.

Ok, I worded this wrong.

He isn't a meta.

He's enhanced. My point was he is a bit above peak. Because peak is what batman used to be before this upgrade/repair. My OP isn't aggressive... but I was angry at Nathan because I'm sure even you understand how annoying it is to repeat the same thing to someone 50 times before they begin to understand what you're saying. They keep asking the same thing over and over and I keep giving them the same answer, it's frustrating.

@omnicrono:

Maybe I am. But it depends on how you interpret "Meta". I was talking enhanced. Like DS.

@nathaniel_christopher:

Why do you bring up what other "numerous people" say like their opinion has any impact on the true fact? A million people could say the world will end tomorrow, doesn't mean any of them are even remotely close to being right. So no, you "just stop".

Gracetrack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By Gracetrack

@batmanplusjay said::

Maybe I am. But it depends on how you interpret "Meta". I was talking enhanced. Like DS.

Yep, so was I. I consider DS a metahuman.

BatmanPlusJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@omnicrono: Yeah. But batman's already peak, Alfred said he's better than "EVER". Better than he is now and better than how he ever was back then. He got an upgrade. Doesn't mean it's a huge upgrade. But he got one.

Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nowhere in that comic did I see it stated or implied that the dionesium made him a meta (by most comic book standards of that word). Batman's always been fast. Incidentally, those seed freaks he was fighting have something close to around ZERO speed feats.

As others have been saying, "better than ever" does not necessarily mean he is now a meta. You're reaching.

Night_Raven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batmanplusjay: Look, it's absolutely fine for the character that he's received a boost from what he was, but only if and when he's stated to be above peak/enhanced/meta should you try to claim it's official. Otherwise just be happy that Batman has had a decade's worth of scarring and damage healed, thus providing a logical reason as to why he can keep doing what he does.

When I said OP I wasn't referring to your first post, I meant the way you are wording your replies. And to be clear, no I absolutely don't think you should be angry at him. Regardless of who is correct, he's providing logical arguments for any point you're making. It's no reason to start name-calling and swearing. Besides, giving the same answer repeatedly isn't going to change someone's opinion. On the vine we use feats and logic to back up our opinions, it's not sufficient just to say he's fictional so it doesn't count.

BatmanPlusJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By BatmanPlusJay

@night_raven said:

@batmanplusjay: Look, it's absolutely fine for the character that he's received a boost from what he was, but only if and when he's stated to be above peak/enhanced/meta should you try to claim it's official. Otherwise just be happy that Batman has had a decade's worth of scarring and damage healed, thus providing a logical reason as to why he can keep doing what he does.

You don't get it. I want batman to be better but not above human-peak levels. And I said I would change my misleading title if I could, but this is a poll and it can't be changed. Do you see what I mean about repeating already answered questions(don't take that personal, that was just a news-flash for you)? It's frustrating. I already answered Nathan's "Your title says it's official!" I said "If I could change my misleading title I would". Then you just repeated it again.

When I said OP I wasn't referring to your first post, I meant the way you are wording your replies. And to be clear, no I absolutely don't think you should be angry at him. Regardless of who is correct, he's providing logical arguments for any point you're making. It's no reason to start name-calling and swearing. Besides, giving the same answer repeatedly isn't going to change someone's opinion. On the vine we use feats and logic to back up our opinions, it's not sufficient just to say he's fictional so it doesn't count.

Nah.. you would be angry frustrated at someone for asking you the same question over and over too. It's one thing to come up with an argument against what I said, it's another to completely ignore it and keep asking the same exact question. Which is exactly what Nathan was doing. He provided NO argument(and neither did you) as to why batman being fiction and being in a different universe doesn't have any impact on the physics or logic. It's like:

"Nope, Flash is fast enough to run through walls"...

"No... his body is still solid, he should be dead"...

"Nope, Flash is fast enough to run through walls"...

"No, his body is still solid, doesn't matter how fast he is"...

"Nope, flash is fast enough to run through walls"...

"What aren't you comprehending?! Flashes body is SOLID. You're not providing any kind of argument what-so-ever, you're just reiterating something that I disbanded a long time ago!

It does count. These people are in a totally different fictional made up universe you or Nathan couldn't possibly know anything about. Their physics could be hell of a lot more complex or less strict than our universe physics. So, why isn't that also a logical argument? But Nathan's real life, body physics claim counts but my claim is shoved away by you because you said "It just doesn't count"? I am certainly amazed by this logic.

My point is, if you're gonna use logic. Don't just try to make it apply to one person and plausible for everyone else simply because you like them. That's exactly what Nathan is doing.

kcomicfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Batman isn't a meta human.

BatmanPlusJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kcomicfan: It's a theory. Mb for the misleading title.

JamesWayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By JamesWayne

No he isn't. It's all writer interpretation. Snyder (from the scans you showed) writes a beast of a batman. He'll get beat mercilessly, go through hell, but in the end he always triumphs. That effortless fight there came after Bruce went through a whole bout of amnesia and had to willing choose to become batman and get back his memories, sacrificing a happy life. King writes Bruce as a physical powerhouse and quick thinker also, although there isn't much fighting in his run. Tynion writes batman as super incompetent fighting wise to the point where he's little better than fodder ninjas and his entire family is superior to him fighting wise. Saying he's meta is silly. It's all writer interpretation. And on top of that, honestly every normal person in comics is actually a meta. It's just suspension of disbelief.

oops sorry for bumping this. It was on the main page but I could see that I'm the most recent post in a year. My mistake. Don't know why it was on the recent forums section

Eto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I refuse

dragonrampage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Wait a minute, this was a one time healing, not a superpower. It healed his body fully, if your a jogger and injury a joint it will slow you down. The same is here but on a larger scale, it is letting him work with a healthy body that does of have damage. Therefore it was a healing, not a enhancement or superpower.

Eto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lhynn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dragonrampage: It literally reconfigured his body tho. Batman now has more in common with Spiderman or Captain America than he does with any non powered character in both Marvel and DC.

Eto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Soulaf: bro, it got debunked right?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.