Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23648 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Interview: Scott Snyder Talks BATMAN #17, Batman vs. Joker and What We Can Expect Next

• 92 results
    gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck
    No Caption Provided

It seems this week everyone is talking about BATMAN #17 and conclusion to Death of the Family. There's been a slight mix in the reaction to the outcome. Many have praised the final issue while other question the fact that certain things did or did not happen. The issue was clearly full of suspense and Joker's plan played out on a deeply psychological level. It's definitely an issue you should read two or three times to catch all the meaning and detail.

But what does Scott Snyder himself have to say? You may have heard his (spoiler-free) discussion on last week's podcast but today we're getting down to the facts. We asked Scott about the conclusion and he doesn't hold back. He also gives an idea what he has planned in coming issues.

There will be some spoilers for BATMAN #17. Make sure you read that issue first.

Comic Vine: How does it feel having completed this epic story?

Scott Snyder: It feels great. We're incredibly grateful to everyone for how supportive they've been on the story itself. None of us expected it to be as big as it is or as it got. With something like this, you just try to tell a story that's really personal to you and hope people like it. It's been a huge overwhelming and wonderful surprise. I'm really grateful for it.

== TEASER ==

CV: If it's been a year since Joker got his face cut off, does that mean a year's gone by in the New 52 Universe? Are we now six years in?

SS: Well it's hard for me to say because you know a lot of books have different things happening at different times. Even though we're in a shared universe, the events of Death of the Family really only took about a week or a little over a week. In regard to other books I know that move faster in time, in different speeds than we have. Some have stories that cover months. I think we all kind of meet and find each other but I don't want to speak for any other books in the DCU. But I like to think we're about a year off of what happened with the Court of Owls and that story, in Gotham at least.

No Caption Provided

CV: For years the big question has been does Joker know Batman secrets? You finally answered this. What made you decide to go the way you did?

SS: Decisions I made in the beginning, about what Joker would know and what the ending would be…I thought really hard about what if he did know. What if he was using that evidence…my feeling was it just felt untrue to character. The Joker really finding out who they were, more importantly, who Batman was, it just felt, to me, it would ruin his fun. It felt completely against to the relationship that I love.

My feeling was that in this way, he could say, "I know who you are." Bruce, because he knows Joker well enough would say, "I know that's not true." But he has no evidence to back it up to his family except for a deep knowledge and understanding of this horrifying villain. Even admitting that he understands him well enough to know that is difficult to do. It's especially difficult to do when he's coming at all of your allies and your proof is simply this familiarity with him, that you're almost horrified to say you have.

To me, that was a much more interesting route to go. If he knew, I felt like it also moved him forward. It would leave a legacy for those characters, unless you wiped his memory, it would be very difficult to make stories from this after. The stories would be such a big challenge and that wasn't something I wanted to leave behind. Mostly it just didn't feel true to the core of the characters.

No Caption Provided

CV: This will definitely go down as one of the greatest Joker stories, besides THE KILLING JOKE, which other ones stand out for you?

SS: There's so many. I always loved ARKHAM ASYLUM by Grant Morrison, "The Five Way Revenge" (in BATMAN #251) his interpretation in THE DARK KNIGHT RETURNS, Mark Hamill's Joker in the animated series has been a tremendous favorite for me all the way through to the Batman Beyond - Return of the Joker movie, his interpretation in The Dark Knight movie…It's hard because there's so many wonderful interpretations and they're so different from one another. It's one of the things that makes the character so interesting and rich. I guess my very very favorite would be his interpretation in THE KILLING JOKE and in THE DARK KNIGHT RETURNS and in the animated series. Those three are the constellation I think we fall somewhere between.

CV: What's been some of the best or craziest rumors to the ending you've heard?

SS: I think the craziest rumor was Joker would pull his face off and it would be one of Bruce's parent…again. I feel every time we do a story with a mystery Bruce's parents become the theory. One that was most prevalent this time was that Alfred would die. I just want to say because I haven't really addressed this in other interviews yet, with people starting to read the issue now as retailers get it, while some of the comments are generous, I know there's going to be a vocal contingent of people that probably were expecting someone to die. They expected someone to be horribly hurt in a way that would be permanent.

No Caption Provided

I thought really long and hard about that before we began the story, I promise you. I really thought about what it would mean to kill Alfred or what it would mean to kill one of the Bat Family. As much as I understand the desire for that kind of lasting impact and for that kind of tangible consequence, for me, I really felt as though it was such a negative legacy to leave.

On top of that, I just didn't think that was what the story was about. I felt it would really overshadow the damage that the Joker has done to Bruce and to the Family in exposing this kind of deep distrust that I think Bruce has for them. He distrusts them only to protect them from things like the Joker. The exposure of that and the damage that the Joker has caused is so bone-deep that it will have a lasting effect in their relationships. This will come back up in the story lines. That would be compromised by a more bombastic death or mutilation.

That's my thinking on it and I understand if people, the blood-thirsty wonderful fans out there, wish somebody had died. For me, it just wasn't what this was about. I know there was so much speculation about it and I love the speculation. We're very proud and excited by the way this ends. I feel it's where the story has been headed since the very beginning. I really hope that everyone enjoys it as much as we do. We're very grateful for the positive response so far.

No Caption Provided

CV: How did the dinner scene in the cave come to you? Were you having dinner with the family one night and thought how you could make a really twisted scene for Batman?

SS: Heh heh, I just imagined them without faces? The way it came to me, the story is about the Joker saying that, "I know you better than anyone and you know me better than anyone. Knowing each other beneath these faces, these masks, beneath my superficial grin and beneath your cowl, it's just more of the same. I can cut my face off and beneath this face I"m still grinning. I'm still your jester, still your clown. And I know beneath your mask, because of your actions, you're still my Bat-King. You're still just Batman. You're not just whoever it is you're supposed to be. Your family is trying to convince you of that."

I know that what I wanted was some kind of exposure because he had his face off, I thought this would be perfect. I would just take their faces off and have it be this big moment. I'm not gonna lie, I did think about taking their faces off. I did have that discussion with DC. I said, "I'm thinking about this" and I think they would have been okay if I'd gone there. I really felt that would've been too grotesque. On top of that, how are you going to function with five characters with no faces? They would have to come back from that.

It was more true to form of the Joker, and this is why I'm so proud of the ending, to play a joke on them. The joke that he's playing is essentially to say, "I could pretend that I know who you are and I could pretend to expose you this way. I'm exposing you more deeply and more truthfully than if I did do these things for real. I don't need to cut your faces off. I don't need to kill one of you. I don't need to do those things to create the rift between you that's going to last and show that there's truth to what I said about Batman loving me more than you. Even if it's the tiniest sliver of truth, a 99.9% lie, I've proven that there's that barb in there." In doing that, he plays a terrific joke on them.

CV: If you did cut their faces off, you could have introduced Hush, Thomas Elliot, into the New 52.

SS: Ha ha. That was another theory, actually, that Joker was Hush. I saw that one, that it was Hush wearing his face and Joker would be tied up some place at the end. They're great theories, honestly, it was like during Court of Owls I thought maybe we should have gone that way. At the end of the day, I'm proud where this went being the culmination of where the story was headed emotionally and psychologically from the beginning. I would feel weird if he pulled his face off and it was another villain. If Joker was tied up somewhere and this was all a big fake out, I would felt really uncomfortable with the massive mutilation.

I would feel that if we would've killed off Alfred. Maybe I'm wrong, my feeling is I may want something like that to happen on the surface because you want change and you want something big to discuss. Deep down, it would break my heart for Alfred to die, as a fan. To have Batman grieve for issues and issues and issues about that, to be alone in the Cave and all of the fallout from that, it's not something that I would want. It's not something that I would want to write or read. It doesn't mean that things like that won't happen on my watch. It doesn't mean that we might not do a story soon where something massive like that happens. For this story, it just felt, for lack of a better term, overkill.

No Caption Provided

CV: What happened to Riddler, Two-Face and Penguin since 16? Did Joker just let them go or keep them locked up?

SS: They're locked up. They got caught. But you're going to see the really really soon. You're going to see them really soon again.

CV: Even though Batman sorta wins the battle against Joker, do you feel Joker sorta won in forming a wedge between Bruce and the others?

SS: I definitely feel Joker won. If you had to score who won more, the Joker is the victor in this one. Batman definitely stopped him and he saved his Family. I think Joker did what he wanted to do, even if he didn't end up killing all of the Family. He made his point. He really drove a knife between all of them and it's going to hurt for a long time. Batman won on the surface but I think Joker won beneath.

No Caption Provided

CV: Will we be seeing another big crossover soon?

SS: Not from me, honestly. The next story we're going to do starts in issue 21. It's truly our most ambitious story and I've been planning and gearing up for it for a long time. I want it to be the first time. With the Owls we crossed over and Joker we crossed over. I wanted to get to do more of just Batman on his own. The next big story is really solo Batman. When we finish that, we have a story, we're talking literally a year from now, when we're done with that, we actually have a big story that's going to reel the whole Bat Family into it. A big horrifying event. Ha ha.

CV: Do you have plans on how you're going to top this story?

SS: I try not to think of it that way or I would just get completely nutty, you know? The way I try to think about it is to try and approach the story like you have to do the one that's most important and personal to you. This one was incredibly important to me. It's my most personal story on BATMAN by far. It's about being a dad and the feelings that Bruce has about the family he loves and if they make him stronger or more vulnerable. How he wishes he could stop worrying about them. The next one is bigger in scope. It's more sort of A Court of Owl size. It's also one that, to me, is deeply personal. I'm really really proud of that. I really can't think about topping them sales-wise or in terms of popularity because I would just be chasing that. I just have to turn a corner and say I'm just giving this story…it's the same thing I tell my students in my class, I'm just trying to write the story I would most like to pick up as a comic book fan and read myself. I just hope you guys feel the same way as you read it.

BATMAN #18
    BATMAN #18

CV: Well, each time, you do manage to top it. So I don't have any doubt.

SS: Well thanks. This one is definitely our most ambitious coming up. I will say that. It goes towards territory that I've kind of steered cleared of so far. I'm really really eager to see what you guys think. It means a tremendous amount to me. It is the boldest thing that we've done without a doubt.

And thanks to Comic Vine and everyone reading the books. We really appreciate it.

BATMAN #17 is now on sale. Issue 18 is on sale March 13.

xblah_blahx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By xblah_blahx

Sounds like Snyder has some great things in store for Batman. Looking forward to it!

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By ccraft

I haven't read this yet, because I have to go. My question is, what happens to Batman to make him loose his control? He seemed pretty okay after issue 17. I hope Damian doesn't die, that would be horrible.

ptigrusmagus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By ptigrusmagus

Awesome arc and cross over event. Raised my interest in the Batgirl, Robin, and Nightwing titles and I plan to check those out going forward.

Trevel8182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#4  Edited By Trevel8182

Love Scott Snyder and I am very excited to see what he does next with Batman but I am still very dissapointed with ending of Death of the Family.

dvorak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By dvorak

This art is fucking creepy. Damn. I mean seriously.

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#6  Edited By the_tree

Nice interview. I'm looking forward to seeing if Scott can reach that same level of quality from The Black Mirror that he originally hooked me in with. I look forward to a crossoverless, more personal Batman story.

pspin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 182

#7  Edited By pspin

So what was on the platters?

sj_esposito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By sj_esposito

This was a good interview--provides a lot of insight into the overall story.

I've been thinking since I read 17 yesterday about the ending. It's haunted me a little. I wanted, so bad, for Batman to kill Joker. I really did. But I realize now that having Batman not cross that line was probably for the best, because it's such an integral part of the character. But, the actual ending... damn. It's the kind of thing that didn't seem so bad or shocking after I read it, but that lingers with me even now, nearly 24 hours later, as disturbing and something that's just horrible for Bruce to go through.

LeaderVladimir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By LeaderVladimir

It's a good thing Scott will keep writing Batman. I love his storytelling.

Drummer007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10  Edited By Drummer007

Great interview. I usually don't read full interviews but i couldn't stop reading. I'm just a huge fan of Snyder right now.

I am confused about when he says his next story starts with issue 21.... is he not writing 18-20 or is he talking about his next big even? Did i read that wrong?

Avatar image for xxsadisticsmilexx
    xxSadisticSmilexx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I loved this story, yet there are still answers missing. It just doesn't make sense how Joker went after Barb and Dick's loved ones if he did not know who they were in the end. I was so hoping that would be touched on in this interview. Did I miss something in the series?

rickytomahawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By rickytomahawk

@ptigrusmagus: Nightwing has been good so far, but I highly recommend Batgirl. The first few issues are set-up issues, but she gets into some decent solo action and there is a lot of character development as Barbara works her way from being wheelchair-bound Oracle to able-bodied crime-fighter.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

#13  Edited By gmanfromheck
    Phaedrusgr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14  Edited By Phaedrusgr

Keep working, Snyder! We want Batman comic books to read! ;)

EuanLauder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By EuanLauder

On my first reading I thought the ending was kinda meh but now having read it several times I'm happy to say I don't think he could've pulled it off better. Putting this wedge between the Bat-Family is perfect and will make for some interesting stories in later issues. Good to hear that Snyder is planning to continue until next year. I honestly haven't loved a comic as much as Batamn for a long while and hope he stays with the book until the end of time. Or is that asking for too much.

hectorsquall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By hectorsquall

While it's true that this story was overhyped, it was still a great read.

The fact that Snyder didn't resort to cheap deaths and meaningless shock value to tell an interesting story makes me respect the guy even more.

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

#17  Edited By cbishop

Snyder says he tells "his students." Does he teach a writing class somewhere?

cacarl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By cacarl

More stories with empty endings! That is what you can expect!

Come to me, fanboys.

The Mast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#19  Edited By The Mast

No man alive or dead has written a better Batman story than Scott Snyder.

People are crying out, saying he went so far and then backed away from killing someone or irreversible hurting them...but why? If they cut faces off, the cynical fans would've said, "OH! IT ALWAYS GOES BACK TO NORMAL! THIS WON'T LAST!" Snyder, genius as he is, did that for you. "Why should I do something that should be irreversible, only for it to be reversible?"

People still complain.

That last panel killed me. I wonder what significance it has, or if it was just a cool thing to end on.

X35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 163

User Lists: 8

#20  Edited By X35
    There will be some spoilers for BATMAN #17.

Like spoiling the fact nothing happened.

Avatar image for thecheesestabber
    TheCheeseStabber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#21  Edited By TheCheeseStabber

I think Jokers gonna return as the New Hush...banadged face needed :3

Thatdood87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Thatdood87

"...Something that brings them back together, some horrifying event. Ha Ha" He said HAHA.

SmoothJammin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By SmoothJammin

The mark of a true talent. Snyder understands proper usage of shock value and does well by not pumping out unecessary crossovers. I don't agree with everything he does but I hope he stays on Batman for a while.

darkwingdan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#24  Edited By darkwingdan

@cbishop: Actually, yes. He teaches writing at Sarah Lawrence College (NYC) and Columbia.

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By cbishop

@darkwingdan said:

@cbishop: Actually, yes. He teaches writing at Sarah Lawrence College (NYC) and Columbia.

Sweet! Thanks for the info. :)

Zeeguy91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#26  Edited By Zeeguy91

IMO, this was a very good issue. The people who are complaining that nothing happened don't get the subtlety of Snyder's writing. If you guys didn't notice, Batman was about to kill Joker. If you paid attention to the dialogue, it was apparent that Bruce had made the conscious choice to take Joker's life. If that's not something big, idk what is.

soumya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#27  Edited By soumya

@hectorsquall said:

While it's true that this story was overhyped, it was still a great read.

The fact that Snyder didn't resort to cheap deaths and meaningless shock value to tell an interesting story makes me respect the guy even more.

seconded

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#28  Edited By ccraft

@cbishop: No, he's a sensei lol. But yeah he's a teacher, the writer for Talon and now Red Hood James Tynion IV was his student. So I heard in a few podcasts.

havoc1201

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By havoc1201

@cbishop: yes he teaches college writing in New York

bladewolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By bladewolf

Great event, mediocre ending. I expected something more...I don't know...permanent to happen. The whole "loss of faith" is something I don't think we'll see last more than a few issues, and it's really just kept the status quo (except now the Joker is faceless and MIA). I'm actually wondering if Scott Snyder tried to be the Joker, playing the big prank on us: I expected Alfred or Gordon to die...but nope, everyone's alive!

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By cbishop

@ccraft said:

@cbishop: No, he's a sensei lol. But yeah he's a teacher, the writer for Talon and now Red Hood James Tynion IV was his student. So I heard in a few podcasts.

@havoc1201 said:

@cbishop: yes he teaches college writing in New York

darkwingdan beat you guys to it, but thanks for the info. I think everyone knew this but me. lol

Murrayc1968

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Murrayc1968

For the first time in 33 years, I CANCELLED "Batman" from my pull-list (and pretty much every other DC title because, well, the "New 52" just plain SUCKS)

DeadPan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By DeadPan

Gonna get ripped apart but here we go:

For all of Snyders talk of this being a Joker story up there with Killing Joke nothing actually happened in the arc. Yes we see that Batman came close to killing him, but this has been explored before and not as heavy handed as this. Story went no-where in the end. Nothing has really changed. I personally feel that Synder should step off the book to give someone else a chance. He has great ideas but is not a good enough writer to pull it off.

It really does say a lot about DC at the moment, and none of it good, if even in the biggest, most-hyped storylines that they're running, nothing significant or dramatic can actually change. It further emphasises the point that all they want are a set of comics being churned out each months with a batch of characters in a carefully-set status quo, one that can never be tampered with too much because it might damage whatever the hell they're trying to do with the properties in other media.

Compare this with Batman Inc - which, let's face it, in no way exists in the DC Universe now - where at the end of issue #7 I was genuinely shitting myself for fear of what might be about to happen in #8.

I'm just pissed off pretty wholesale at DC at the moment. This stuff, the Orson Scott Card bollocks (hey! Let's put out a Superman book that might actually look and feel like a Superman book that Superman fans would want to read... and then get a raging homophobe activist to write the character!), and the fact that recently, I've been re-reading some of the stuff that was going on just before Flashpoint (specifically the later Supergirl run, when like many characters she was being passed around a handful of lesser-known writers to wind down the clock), and I'm actively annoyed at the way they let the post-Crisis continuity just wind down and quietly die, without giving any of the characters and/or their long-form storylines a proper ending of any kind. That really hacks me off the more I think about it. COIE was a bigger reset, but at least they actually bothered to end most of the stories before moving on.

/rant

Bestostero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#34  Edited By Bestostero

Death of the Family was a great ride and build up, just the conclusion kinda flatlined for me...but i guess its the journey and not the end that counts? lol

SavageDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#35  Edited By SavageDragon

Great insight, thanks Scott and Tony.

csguterres

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By csguterres

@xxSadisticSmilexx said:

I loved this story, yet there are still answers missing. It just doesn't make sense how Joker went after Barb and Dick's loved ones if he did not know who they were in the end. I was so hoping that would be touched on in this interview. Did I miss something in the series?

I thought the same (but I only read "Batman", I didn't read the tie-ins, so maybe the answer was there)

SuperJedi17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By SuperJedi17

I've enjoyed the run on Batman so far,but i still have to re read Batman #17 to get a good idea of what the ending was about. Also@DeadPan: haters gonna hate(opinions,i know).

Booster_Bronze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Booster_Bronze

@xxSadisticSmilexx: I read all the tie-ins, and the way I rationalize his actions against Barbara and Dick are thus:

For Dick,

Joker was going after Nightwing. He was able to piece that there was SOME kind of connection between Nightwing and the circus, since in previous arcs Nightwing was showing up in cities around America at the same time the Circus was there. He didn't necessarily know what the connection was per se, but he knew that there WAS one and that hurting the circus would probably hurt Nightwing.

As with Barbara,

I think the attack was more towards Jim Gordon. He had previously shot Jim's daughter and now was terrorizing his ex-wife as well. I don't remember any particular mention towards Batgirl and Barbara or Joker making any connections between the two, but perhaps he noticed Batgirl's absence for awhile while she was paralyzed, so he might SUSPECT a connection but not have any solid evidence to go on (not quite as sure about my theory on this one, might have to re-read Batgirl).

Hope those theories help.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#39  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@cbishop said:

Snyder says he tells "his students." Does he teach a writing class somewhere?

He runs a cult

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#40  Edited By Outside_85

@The Mast said:

Morrison, Miller and Moore are still alive last I checked.

JamDamage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By JamDamage

@Outside_85: I concur. On the Miller and Moore part at least. This arch did not deliver what it said would. It was good tho, but just a basic Batman/Joker story. It didn't change anything like it said it would. It did what it always does. "Joker is crazy then before." He's advertised that same way every time. It sure as hell didn't change and statis quo like it promised.

The Mast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By The Mast

@Outside_85 said:

@The Mast said:

They are.

What part of my, "No man alive or dead has written a better Batman story than Scott Snyder." was lost on you?

johnny_spam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By johnny_spam

Snyder's writing continues to leave me cold really it sounds annoying that half the Bat books were interrupted for two storylines that did not need to crossover. So glad there are other Batman books that do not sync up with this one.

JamDamage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By JamDamage

@DeadPan: I don't read Batman Inc. not a Morrison fan, but I agree with you comments on the Snyder's Batman arch. This story did not deliver like Snyder said it would, and not any level he said it would, but after reading Black Mirror and Court of Owls I don't want him going anywhere. It was still a good story, just nothing to skocking. Same Joker a always.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#45  Edited By Outside_85

@The Mast said:

@Outside_85 said:

@The Mast said:

They are.

What part of my, "No man alive or dead has written a better Batman story than Scott Snyder." was lost on you?

Which part of the massively insinuated; 'Snyder is not even close', did you not understand?

Avatar image for redheadedatrocitus
    RedheadedAtrocitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

I will admit I was thrown for a curve with what happened in Batman #17, wanting an actual death and all that, but all the rumors leading up to this conclusion prepared me better for what I read so I'm really not that shocked. Yeah it would have been nice to have a death but Snyder's reason for not wanting to leave that bloody of a legacy was probably best. Good conclusion one way or another and way I see it he definitely deserves a break from massive crossover arcs now. Good job, Snyder!

noj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#47  Edited By noj

@DeadPan: Im not even going to bother commenting on the rest of your rant but Batman Inc DOES take place in the current DC universe. Batman and Robin has referenced the bounty on Robin and the latest Batman and Robin solicit specifically mentions that it will be dealing with fallout from Batman Incorporated.

The Mast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By The Mast

@Outside_85 said:

@The Mast said:

@Outside_85 said:

@The Mast said:

They are.

Which part of the massively insinuated; 'Snyder is not even close', did you not understand?

I dunno, but it probably happened around the time when you missed the memo on how you can't tell people they're wrong for statements of obvious opinion, or "correct" them on it.

Onemoreposter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Onemoreposter

@Outside_85 said:

@The Mast said:

Let's not forget Denny O'neil, Jeph Loeb, Doug Moench, Chuck Dixon, Ed Brubaker, Paul Dini, Peter Tomasi, and Paul Pope. Snyder's not even top 10. Those names are just off the top of my head. Snyder probably doesn't make the top 20.

The Mast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By The Mast

@Onemoreposter said:

@Outside_85 said:

@The Mast said:

Let's not forget Denny O'neil, Jeph Loeb, Doug Moench, Chuck Dixon, Ed Brubaker, Paul Dini, Peter Tomasi, and Paul Pope. Snyder's not even top 10. Those names are just off the top of my head. Snyder probably doesn't make the top 20.

Then don't put him in your Top 20. Since when did you two get to decide who I think writes the best Batman stories ever? I wasn't deciding for you.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.