Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23645 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

If Batman is so secretive....

dragonrampage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By dragonrampage

Why does almost every hero know his identity? Wonder women,green arrow,the justice society, the outsiders , the justice league, teen Titans. Why do so many know who he is? Why is he called secretive if everyone knows him?

Epyon007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By Epyon007

I think it's a running joke at this point that people do not know who is. It would appear that poison ivy probably knows who he is in trinity now. Although I suppose she could think it is just Bruce Wayne.

dragonrampage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@epyon007: It wouldn't be a joke if he just didn't tell EVERY SINGLE HERO AROUND HIM WHO HE IS.

Avatar image for dealthy_hallows
    Dealthy_Hallows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ironbart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because they are all his friends.duh

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because he's lucky enough to be on the League

Avatar image for hauntedgraveyard
    HauntedGraveyard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

^ Obvious troll post

dragonrampage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hauntedgraveyard: No, I'm just wondering why he is called secretive/mysterious and everyone knows his name. It just doesn't make any sense.

Caivu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

@dragonrampage: Has he actually been called either of those lately? In-universe?

dragonrampage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By dragonrampage

Were I've been reading is roughly identity crisis time. I don't care for Tue newer comic so I don't know

Avatar image for nathaniel_christopher
    Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why does almost every hero know his identity? Wonder women,green arrow,the justice society, the outsiders , the justice league, teen Titans. Why do so many know who he is? Why is he called secretive if everyone knows him?

Because a person can have other secrets besides his identity. Most of the people you've listed are then people he has worked with for years. If we work together and I don't actually tell you what my name is until over a year has passed then i'm still secretive.

dragonrampage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AkshSarpanch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nerevarine_11: considering his plan almost solo'ed entire JL. I think Justice League is lucky enough to have Batman.

If he were in Avengers or against them, i don't think Avengers would be lucky to survive his plan.

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@akshsarpanch: Are you talkin' about Tower of Babel which wasn't even enacted by Batman, but by Ras' al Ghul and using prep and surprise in conjunction with PIS and not counting for the other Leaguers helping out?

The Avengers would have figured out things just fine, but its conjecture to say it as Batman isn't on the Avengers nor do any of them have explicit weaknesses and based on rosters as well.

Stay on topic.

AkshSarpanch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nerevarine_11: it was basically Batman plan in case of emergency.

Avengers have far more weakness than JL. I say Batman could defeat them with prep.

Rainshadow777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Batman is running a big risk with his secretive purchases of cutting edge technology and weaponry. Sure, he makes some of it himself, but the stuff that he personally purchases (suspicious/restricted) and the materials he skims from Wayne Enterprises (illegal/fraud) would raise a lot of questions in Washington DC if you ask me.

He's a borderline terrorist.

Avatar image for petey_is_spidey
    Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

@dragonrampage said:

Because a person can have other secrets besides his identity. Most of the people you've listed are then people he has worked with for years. If we work together and I don't actually tell you what my name is until over a year has passed then i'm still secretive.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

Most of those people have fought beside him for years and earned the right, others probably found out by accident or through association with his allies. Besides, his identity isn't his only secret.

Avatar image for lactosetolerant
    LactoseTolerant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Most of those people have fought beside him for years and earned the right, others probably found out by accident or through association with his allies. Besides, his identity isn't his only secret.

commissar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By commissar

Back in the Silver Age, the members of the JLA initially didn't know everybody else's secret identity. Then there was a story where that became a problem, so eventually the members let each other know who they were (in case of emergencies or stuff).

Can't remember the issue number(s) though.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.