Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23645 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

If Batman had to kill one of his robins, Which one would he choose?

Spyrobrine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

The choices are, Damian, Dick, Tim or Jason.

Avatar image for nathaniel_christopher
    Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I feel like Jason's the most likely to put himself in a situation where Batman would need to kill him.

Avatar image for itouchedtheboat
    ITouchedTheBoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By ITouchedTheBoat

Dick Grayson, why you might ask? Because all his other Robins have already died, so if he kills Dick Grayson, he'll come back and the Bat-Team would basically be a team of Zombies....take that in for a second.

We all know Tim isn't staying dead

DrArcania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By DrArcania

Jason - and it will be false death...

LeonardoTMNT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well his least favorite is certainly Tim, not by much mind you. Though to kill one of his boys.. that would have to be one extreme situation.

Eto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Either one of these

- contingency plan

- kill himself

Avatar image for deactivated-5caa8c47e8598
    deactivated-5caa8c47e8598

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably Jason, but I can't imagine him ever being in the situation where he kills a Robin.

Spyrobrine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So the situation would be, a psychopathic killer kidnaps all of his robins, to get to batman. So he asks him to choose, and if he doesn't choose in 10 seconds he would kill them all.

DrArcania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

On second thought... he will kill anyone of them !!! And its not matter who will that gonna to be bcs, it will be false death !!!

Spyrobrine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@drarcania: Unless you mean ressurection, it couldn't necessarily be fake because the killer would shoot the one batman chooses. The attack would be sudden so their would be no time to prepare. I REALLY should have mentioned all of this earlier and worded it better.

Iara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Iara

I'll try and assume this is a serious scenario where Batman assumes that they really will all die and ignore the fact no one ever stays dead.

Firstly he wont kill Damian because he's his son and died relatively recently.

I actually don't think he would kill Jason because of the guilt he used to feel the first time he died and I imagine he might still carry some guilt for failing him.

That leaves Tim and Dick. I think Dick being the eldest would probably try and step up and tell him to kill him because of the whole older brother thing. Let's be honest though, Dick is probably the best thing to ever come out of the Bat family and I could see Bruce being sentimental and saying the world needs him more than any of the others.

Honestly I can't imagine Bruce ever being able to do it but if he did make the choice I would guess it's probably Tim or maybe Dick.

DrArcania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By DrArcania

@spyrobrine: Whatever... i'm not just smart as Batman ( :P ). Whatever you say - he will again find a way to you believe, that he kill one of them ;)

Spyrobrine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Dick Grayson, why you might ask? Because all his other Robins have already died, so if he kills Dick Grayson, he'll come back and the Bat-Team would basically be a team of Zombies....take that in for a second.

He's not dead tho.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bruce would rather see the universe destroyed than be forced to kill one of his four sons.

Spyrobrine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@drarcania: is that supposed to mean that he would find a way to fake it?

DrArcania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spyrobrine:

Bruce would rather see the universe destroyed than be forced to kill one of his four sons.

probably

Avatar image for itouchedtheboat
    ITouchedTheBoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@itouchedtheboat said:

He's not dead tho.

Tim Drake is dead, he died in Detective Comics a couple of months ago didn't he?

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@comicace3 said:
    @itouchedtheboat said:

He's not dead tho.

Tim Drake is dead, he died in Detective Comics a couple of months ago didn't he?

At the end of the comic it was revealed that he was captured last minute.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicace3 said:
    @itouchedtheboat said:

He's not dead tho.

Mr Oz teleported him to his fortress right before Tim was hit because he was figuring out "too much" (aka he knows about the flashpoint) so he's alive and imprisoned.

Lhynn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Depends, i think bruce would off himself before doing that to any of the robins, or that he would succeed or fail looking for another way, but he would never pick.

If the question is whom he likes the least? probably Damian. If we go for who is the least useful to the cause? probably Jason.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.