Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23637 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

How old is Damian Wayne in New 52?

Kesho_Ronin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Kesho_Ronin

Ok here's what got my attention,in "Batman" it is mentioned that Bruce is Batman for 5 years so let's say that he met thalia the first year and that they had sex.so that means damian is like 5 years old?!i don't get it.somebody explain to me

Onemoreposter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Onemoreposter

@Kesho_Ronin: Yeah....Damian's suppose to be 10 I believe. Ignore the 5 year timeline.

SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By SoA

i was gonna say 8-10 years old but was beaten to the punch. also on the point of ignore the 5 year thing because 4 wards/heirs in 5 years and one supposedly dying under your care and another being your illegitimate son is not a good track record .how has bruce not been investigated by child services???

Kesho_Ronin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Kesho_Ronin

i don't know it's hard to ignore the 5 year thing cause everything has happen in 5 years in every comic book in new 52 (Superman,Batman,Green Arrow etc)

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By bigcimmerian

@Kesho_Ronin said:

i don't know it's hard to ignore the 5 year thing cause everything has happen in 5 years in every comic book in new 52 (Superman,Batman,Green Arrow etc)

DC writers are retarded.

Shipster360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Shipster360

damian was practically grown in a tube. the explanation ive seen that makes the most sense is that she accelerated his age in order to bring about her plans hinted at in Batman, Inc. #5

The Poet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 84

User Lists: 99

#7  Edited By The Poet  Moderator

I'll give 5 imaginary bucks to anyone who actually understands the Batman timeline and how any of the whole sidekick situation makes sense chronologically...

Eternal19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Eternal19

Either 10 or 11, batman said he was 11 in batman inc

Avatar image for nathaniel_christopher
    Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

10-11, and as others have noted it doesn't make any sense given the timeline. Then again, i've taken to disregarding the timeline in terms of Batman and Green Lantern.

FatihBATMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By FatihBATMAN

There are many runs out with Damian in them, its maybe a little hard to keep track, and I presume the writers etc. maybe also having a little hard to understand them themselves.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

#11  Edited By Squalleon

@The Poet said:

I'll give 5 imaginary bucks to anyone who actually understands the Batman timeline and how any of the whole sidekick situation makes sense chronologically...

Batman has been operating for 2-3 years before the creation of the JL.The 5 year timeskip means we are currently looking at year 6 of the JL and year 8-9 of Batman so..............Damian could be 9 years old!!

NOW GIVE ME MY MONEY!! :-P

sheldipez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12  Edited By sheldipez

Scott Synder says (on Kevin Smiths "Fatman on Batman" podcast) that Damian is 10 and not to read too much into the timeline as he explains they see "everything" they like in the Batman mythos as being canon even though it's meant to be "5 years"; they simply play fast & loose with that. It's well worth a listen.

The Poet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By The Poet  Moderator

@Squalleon said:

@The Poet said:

Batman has been operating for 2-3 years before the creation of the JL.The 5 year timeskip means we are currently looking at year 6 of the JL and year 8-9 of Batman so..............Damian could be 9 years old!!

Here you go. Here is $4.99 in Imaginary money. I am keeping a penny because you missed a space in your explanation. Yes, even with imaginary money I am a cheapskate :P

ScarletBatman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By ScarletBatman

Damian is ten years old. Batman was the world's first super hero but no one knew it because he was a myth, a rumor at best. It wasn't until the Justice League that he was exposed as a super hero. He worked with Raz long before he became Batman, so Talia knew Bruce and knew she wanted his genetic material.

He never adopted Dick, rather Dick was a 16 and worked for Bruce part time. Sixteen is right at the age where you want a mentor but you quickly evolve into an adult who chafes under a tyrant's thumb, so it makes sense that Dick would leave.

Jason was adopted and had a father/son relationship for Bruce. He was probably killed not long after becoming Robin.

Drake's backstory has been completely changed. He was never Robin, rather "Red Robin." He adventured with Batman under that moniker before going off to found the Titans (after Dick picked Damian over him to be the new Batman's Robin).

Damian was probably a bit of a test tube baby, though he wouldn't need his development accelerated too much (unless the story of how he was conceived is still canon, in which case, yes he needs accelerated growth).

Stephanie Brown never happened.

Huntress is Bruce Wayne from Earth 2's daughter.

Barbara is the only oddity. She would have had to become Batgirl early (around the time of Dick) and paralyzed soon after that, to account for her being Oracle for such a long time (2-3 years IIRC) but still making a large enough splash as Batgirl to be well known.

FatihBATMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By FatihBATMAN

is all that in new 52, so all that has happened before that is non canon ? or just "good stories" ?

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#16  Edited By Squalleon

@The Poet said:

Here you go. Here is $4.99 in Imaginary money. I am keeping a penny because you missed a space in your explanation. Yes, even with imaginary money I am a cheapskate :P

LOL!

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#17  Edited By John Valentine

Eleven.

havoc1201

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By havoc1201

@FatihBATMAN: Snyder says that in his Batmans timeline every thing has happened and is canon he also said that he really dosnt follow the 5 year thing but yes the history we know is still canon in Batman some of the other DC characters timelines have been changed by the other writers.

MuyJingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By MuyJingo

@havoc1201 said:

@FatihBATMAN: Snyder says that in his Batmans timeline every thing has happened and is canon he also said that he really dosnt follow the 5 year thing but yes the history we know is still canon in Batman some of the other DC characters timelines have been changed by the other writers.

Got a reference for that? It seems contradictory since he made so many changes....

havoc1201

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By havoc1201

@MuyJingo: interview on fatman on batman also what changes are you talking about because if its about dick or tim those changes were made by the writers of their series. also many of the writers that have been interviewed about the changes have said that dc made the five year timeline but told the writers that they could choose what stories are canon or what direction their characters will take along with their origin so, i dont know which ones you are referring to but they probably came from the characters solo book writer.

ScarletBatman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By ScarletBatman

@FatihBATMAN said:

is all that in new 52, so all that has happened before that is non canon ? or just "good stories" ?

Yes.

Most of the info is gleaned from the titular character's solo comic (like Nightwing being 16, Tim not being Robin, Bruce and Jason having father/son moments, Huntress being the daughter of Earth 2's Bruce and Selina)). Stephanie has not been mentioned post-New 52 as far as I am aware, so I think she has been written out. The only real question mark is Damian, as his backstory is still a bit more obscure (read: has not been altered to fit the 5 year construct).

Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
    deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

@The Poet said:

Try this:

http://thecomicsledger.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=dc&action=display&thread=4560

The Poet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By The Poet  Moderator

@Jake Fury said:

@The Poet said:

Try this:

http://thecomicsledger.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=dc&action=display&thread=4560

Ah. the time table actully sort of makes sense now...

thanks

MuyJingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By MuyJingo

@havoc1201 said:

@MuyJingo: interview on fatman on batman also what changes are you talking about because if its about dick or tim those changes were made by the writers of their series. also many of the writers that have been interviewed about the changes have said that dc made the five year timeline but told the writers that they could choose what stories are canon or what direction their characters will take along with their origin so, i dont know which ones you are referring to but they probably came from the characters solo book writer.

I was talking about the changes Snyder made in the Batman comic book. You keep saying he is trying not to change continuity, yet he keeps doing it, gladly.

@ScarletBatman said:

Where was this stated? Helena is no more?

havoc1201

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By havoc1201

@MuyJingo: what changes are you talking about because all you keep saying is that he has made a lot of changes yet the ones you have stated were done by the solo characters authers not snyder.

ScarletBatman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By ScarletBatman

@MuyJingo said:

@ScarletBatman said:

Where was this stated? Helena is no more?

Worlds' Finest starring Huntress and Powergirl, who were Robin and Supergirl in Earth 2, respectively, prior to being sucked into Earth 1 via a boom tube. Earth 2 #1 shows us that Helena is Bruce's daughter and #0 shows us that she is the daughter of Catwoman (who is in a very loving relationship with Bruce).

flazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 52

Damian was born and raised in a test tube

Stronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#28  Edited By Stronger

10-12 years old.

You know there is a Damian wayne forum going on that site.....

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
    ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#29  Edited By ULTRAstarkiller
    thejman251

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

- I believe that he was eleven when he died.

Arkhamc1tizen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 33

#31  Edited By Arkhamc1tizen

11 at the time of death 10 at the beginning of the new 52

Avatar image for silver_sorceress_
    Silver_Sorceress_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He's around 10 in Son of Batman, 11 in Batman vs Robin, at least 13 in Batman: Bad Blood, and 13/14 in Justice League vs Teen Titans, so probably around 17 by Justice League Dark: Apokolips War

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.