Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23651 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Have I missed anything before new 52?

Richmond325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I just started reading Batman and am wondering if I am caught up enough to start reading the new 52. Here is a list of the comics I've read:

Year One

The Man Who Laughs

Long Halloween

Dark Victory

The Killing Joke

Arkham Asylum

Death In The Family

Hush

Dark Knight Returns

Am I missing anything? Thanks!

Batman3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

@richmond325: I Would say that you didn't need to read these if your only concern is to be caught up for the new 52 because the new 52 is meant to reboot all their characters including batman. But the books are still good if you want to read them for fun! Hope this helped you out.

Richmond325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batman3000: well I wanted a basic knowledge of the classics.thanks!

Avatar image for deactivated-57dd84d2af8d3
    deactivated-57dd84d2af8d3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes, you're missing a whole lot of great stories.

Batman3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

@richmond325: ok glad I could help! What you could do is find your favorite book at look at other books by that same author. I recommend stuff by Grant Morrison he had a great run on Batman. I loved Batman in time but I guess you'd have to read final crisis to understand what happened to batman to understand Batman's situation in Batman in time.

jb681131

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@richmond325: Like @richmond325 sayd nothing is needed. But you can read previous timeline main stories to get a grasp of what influence the new writters. Then you might also want to read Scott Snyder previous stories before his New52 current run :

arkhamace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the old stories are great and the new 52 stories are great either... everything is always mixing up

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.