Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23637 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

GOTHAM tv show, twisted twists that make no sense to me...

Blackdog2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I have enjoyed Gotham very much for as long as it's been on the air. There have been things that made me roll my eyes in the past, like The Joker and Harley Quinn spirits (look alikes and act alikes you could say) .

The one thing I have enjoyed the most is the growth and development of The Penguin and The Riddler, the best villains and characters of this show imo. But yesterday I was watching and got very annoyed at the sight of Penguin apparently now sexually attracted to The Riddler. I was like, wtf??!! Why do this?

Penguin and Riddler are very well known heterosexual characters. But let's say you want to have this alternate universe where they are bi or gay, this wasn't the way to go. I liked how they both got to know each other, team up, support each other and become kindred spirits. But this romantic angle will ruin what was built before. It makes no sense. It does not enrich the characters in any way.

It seems also that this will cause a rift between the two. I can't think of anything more depressing than to have these two get into a feud because of romantic reasons, for lack of a better term. I'm wondering what you all think. I'd like to hear your thoughts on it.

I'm liking the Mad Hatter storyline very much btw.

Stahlflamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

So the token minority gay character on this show is a cannibalistic psychopathic murderer, who will presumably only have problems from that? Have to love how every depiction of homosexuality is in a negative light on this show...

OrangeBat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Penguin is annoying as heck now, and the fact that they keep on dragging out his mommy issues is strong evidence that they have no idea what to do with the character.

Him not killing Tabitha already makes no sense, when she was the one who put a knife through his mother. Barbara? What's Barbara going to do? She can't do anything against 30 or so guys busting in and shooting both her and Tabitha.

Him becoming mayor makes even less sense when you consider that he owns the Gotham underworld. It would be like a notorious crime lord running for Senator. Perhaps the point was that Gotham is so corrupt that even a mob boss is preferable, but that's clearly not the case on the show.

Him being gay is not only the latest in a string of poor decisions regarding the character, it's simply in poor taste when you remember that Robin Lord Taylor is also gay.

wrucebayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I stopped watching Gotham very early on. I gave it plenty of chances, but it just kept giving me reasons to not like it. The show lacked any kind of focus, it wanted to be everything, but excel at none of it.

Gotham should have been Serpico meets The Godfather. Gordon taking on the corrupt polic force and the mob. No Bruce Wayne, no super villains.

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Black_Arrow

I am not sure that the Penguin meant love the way you are mentioning it. I don't think that it is in a romantic way (or sexual way if you will) but more of true platonic love (could be a sexual way). Now with this new Mrs Kringle, Penguin will find out, that Nygma doesn't love him as much as he thought. So yeah there is going to be tension between the two characters.

Blackdog2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DrArcania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.