Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23635 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Does Arkham Origins take place in 1976?

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

This was pointed out to me by @ninjablade09 and i didn't believe him,obviously,but i checked the GCPD building and i found this....

No Caption Provided

Last date is 1976......that means Asylum takes place in 1981?.....and they have this kind of tech and cars?!.....doesn't make sense....

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

This was pointed out to me by @ninjablade09 and i didn't believe him,obviously,but i checked the GCPD building and i found this....

No Caption Provided

Last date is 1976......that means Asylum takes place in 1981?.....and they have this kind of tech and cars?!.....doesn't make sense....

Probably someone who makes the textures was having fun.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker said:

No Caption Provided

Probably someone who makes the textures was having fun.

That's what i think too......

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@punyparker: I haven't played Origins. How old is the building? How long has it been evacuated?

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaken7 said:

@punyparker: I haven't played Origins. How old is the building? How long has it been evacuated?

It's the GCPD building...it's not evacuated.It's occupied.Operational.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@punyparker: You can go in there as Batman? There are NPCs and everything? Weird.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaken7: It's the building where's the morgue and everything.....

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well it definitely takes place in the 1900s. In arkham city if you go to the building that you have to enter after finding the right helicopter right after the joker boss fight in the steel mill (and when protocol ten starts) there is a plaque on the wall outside where the snipers were that says "arkham city established in 19" and then the rest of the plaque is too damaged to read. So the series happens in the 1900s sometime. I can probably find a picture or video if anyone is actually interested.

chrisj_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By chrisj_1

IGN did a breakdown video of the new trailer and found a license plate saying 1976 and they note how the people are dressed in pretty retro looking clothes driving retro looking cars so yeah I think these games take place in some hyper-futuristic alternate 1980s in similar vein to how Batman the Animated Series took place in a noiresc pseudo-1930s modern world.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah the series definitely 100% takes place in the 1900s

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chrisj_1 said:

IGN did a breakdown video of the new trailer and found a license plate saying 1976 and they note how the people are dressed in pretty retro looking clothes driving retro looking cars so yeah I think these games take place in some hyper-futuristic alternate 1980s in similar vein to how Batman the Animated Series took place in a noiresc pseudo-1930s modern world.

I ALWAYS found that weird....

Avatar image for theformermarionettegeist
    Theformermarionettegeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chrisj_1 said:

I ALWAYS found that weird....

I like it. I think it gives off a nice atmosphere.

Avatar image for teentitansfan94
    TeenTitansFan94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All superhero stories take place in the multiverse. Arkham Origins could have taken place in a different universe where technology advanced faster than here.

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
    amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

@punyparker:keep in mind that this is set in the DC Universe, where things like Luthor's armor and Flash's cosmic treadmill exist

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker:keep in mind that this is set in the DC Universe, where things like Luthor's armor and Flash's cosmic treadmill exist

Wow that's an old thread....

And yeah sure, but still weird.

amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker: anyway, i like the idea of the Arkhamverse taking place around the 70s or 80s. maybe because the Tim Burton movie was so great

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker: anyway, i like the idea of the Arkhamverse taking place around the 70s or 80s. maybe because the Tim Burton movie was so great

No, man, the Tankmobile and the holographic com device he has in Knight.....it's not 80s. :P

amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By amazing_webhead

@punyparker: i hate the holographic com thing. not only can people see who he's talking to, but it requires him to have a free arm to use, unlike the previous games

Avatar image for captain_batman_ftw
    captain_batman_FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

That's just weird, TBH.

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
    ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

So much weird revelations in this thread.

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
    DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Woooo Hooo that means Disco!!!
    Woooo Hooo that means Disco!!!
    Loading Video...

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker: i hate the holographic com thing. not only can people see who he's talking to, but it requires him to have a free arm to use, unlike the previous games

I always thought that only he could see the one he's talking to, because of a special thing in his cowl or something....

Master_Thief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

@amazingwebhead said:

I always thought that only he could see the one he's talking to, because of a special thing in his cowl or something....

thats what i think too cause look at his eyes he's in detective mode

ArkhamWrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Before few weeks i was on one site where was every Arkham game mentioned together with year in the game... I can not find it nowhere now !!!

Avatar image for perchance2dream
    Perchance2Dream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I love this theory ^_^ It makes perfect sense, considering Batman: Arkham Asylum was basically a loose adaptation of Grant Morrison's "Arkham Asylum: A Serious House on Serious Earth," (published in 89). It would also explain the abysmal standard of care for the patients at Arkham Asylum, evident in the first game. xD

Batmanx2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@punyparker: Arkham origins might take place during like 2014 or 10s while asylum is like maybe 2017 and city 2017 and city possibly 2020s

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.