Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23635 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Best thing about Gotham Academy

Haloprogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Edited By Haloprogram

The art. Not just how charming it is and "lite" but also what it clearly drew inspiration from with Killer Croc in particular gives it a touch of nostalgia.

No Caption Provided

This version of Killer Croc (to my knowledge) hasn't had a tribute in the comics as of yet. Do tell me if I'm wrong but I was just so happy to see Croc in Gotham Academy drawn with this incarnation in mind! It's just such a neat thing. I'm sure you can tell the similarities.

No Caption Provided

Usually in these bat books he's depicted as green as opposed to grey. In Batwoman he was more of a crocodile shape and in some he resembles the creature that Jim Lee first drew in Hush, or as I refer to it as "the Jim Lee Croc". This Croc on the other hand, unlike what the Animated Series tried to do, feels less threatening and when Bats was beating on him I was actually cheering for Croc to get out of it. Even in Eternal, which this is closely related to due to the Arkham incident, he looked far more intimidating and larger in proportion. I love what the artists did with him and the art in Gotham Academy is by far it's greatest feature. I do so love the style of writing as well of course. Speaking of, I'm off to continue reading it. Until next time.

Anjales_II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Anjales_II

Gotham Academy is one of the strongest Bat-related titles atm ..it's fun, it's charming, and it has a lot of heart. Its characters are likable and worth investing in, and most of all, simply put, it's pretty darn engaging.

You want more reason to read this book? MAPS! Maps is all the reason you need.

One of my favorite issues was the one featuring Croc, and the issue also features Batman (who looked really cool drawn in this style).

Not enough people on this forum read this book.

Haloprogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

@anjales: Agreed! I'm reading just about every DC title that isn't elseworld at the moment and I'm having a blast with Gotham Academy. Maps is super charming, and I love that Olive got her hands on a crossbow. I didn't even know I wanted her to have a crossbow as bad as I did when I saw it haha!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.