Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23535 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Best "Death Of The Family" Tie-In So Far?

Avatar image for imthedamnbatman
    ImTheDamnBatman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ImTheDamnBatman

While the multitude lf tie-ins may not have been the best option, some have actually turned out pretty decent. Personally, my favorite thus far has been Batman and Robin. How the Joker is written is spot on for me, but what really makes this tie-in amazing is the artwork. My second favorite issue of The New 52 was B&R; #15 simply because of the artwork. B&R; #16 Was really good as well, with the only dead spot being how the "Batman" was convienetely just some karate guy (unless he's a character from somewhere else, which I'm not familiar with). But overall a great tie-in. What about you guys? Any tie-ins that really stood out, or that you at least liked?

havoc1201

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By havoc1201

I have really enjoyed Batman and Robin and NIghtwing i was reading a interview from synder and he said that he and Higgins and Tomasi really worked on ideas about the arc together so out of all the Tie-ins i would say these are the most important and closes to Synders Vision.

Durfee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Durfee

@ImTheDamnBatman said:

While the multitude lf tie-ins may not have been the best option, some have actually turned out pretty decent. Personally, my favorite thus far has been Batman and Robin. How the Joker is written is spot on for me, but what really makes this tie-in amazing is the artwork. My second favorite issue of The New 52 was B&R; #15 simply because of the artwork. B&R; #16 Was really good as well, with the only dead spot being how the "Batman" was convienetely just some karate guy (unless he's a character from somewhere else, which I'm not familiar with). But overall a great tie-in. What about you guys? Any tie-ins that really stood out, or that you at least liked?

Yeah, Batman and Robin has been my favorite tie-in as well. The story and interactions between Robin and Joker seemed to fit in with the vibe of the Batman DOTF stuff much more naturally. I agree 15 was better than 16; it was pretty obvious for anyone that has been reading any of the other DOTF books that it wasn't really Batman he was fighting, and knowing that from the beginning made the fight less engaging for me. I was just waiting for the reveal that it wasn't Bruce the whole fight.

Avatar image for manbehindthewires
    Manbehindthewires

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By Manbehindthewires

Loving Batgirl. Hadn't bought a Batgirl til DotF; My LCS barely bought any in up until now either, but gonna go back to the earlier Gail Simone stuff after this arc is done with.

reignmaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By reignmaker

I've only picked up Detective, B&R;, Batgirl, and Nightwing.

B&R; was the best by far. To be a good tie-in you need to be accessible to outside readers and kickass. B&R; won the battle on both fronts.

The others seem more preoccupied with pushing their own individual stories. I hear a lot of people rave about Batgirl, but I found it to be pretty predictable and uninspiring stuff. An emotional Babs trying to cope with her past with the Joker, an unnecessary side-plot with Gordon Jr., a wedding that was more of a gimmick than an actual plot device, etc.

Detective tried the least to tie-in to anything. Though it discusses the effect that Joker has had on Gotham, I get the sense that the book would have been better off if it had ignored the DotF story completely.

Nightwing has beautiful art and some nice moments, but it concerns a bunch of side characters that you would never know unless you had been reading the book consistently.

Avatar image for the_lunact_and_manic
    The_Lunact_And_Manic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Nightwing and Batman & Robin

SmashBrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By SmashBrawler

Detective Comics.

fury714

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8  Edited By fury714

Im following Bats, Nightwing and Suicide Squad so far. But im interested in getting 1 or 2 more couple of tie-ins just for the fun of it without following it completely, B&R; sounds cool. How are Teen titans, Red Hood, Detective comics so far?

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

Tie between Batman & Robin, and Nightwing.

namtabmi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By namtabmi

Nightwing 16 was phenomenal! I'd say it was on-par with the Batman main story. -- Anyone who hasn't read it should definitely pick it up!!

wessaari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

User Lists: 7

#11  Edited By wessaari

The last 2 issues of Nightwing have been great, I glimpsed through B&R 16 and found it pretty chilling. Batgirl has been good, and Rhto has been a hit and a miss. Teen Titans hasnt offered anything really substantial but hopefully tomorrows issue will prove me wrong

mpierce2690

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By mpierce2690

The Nightwing tie-ins were absolutely brutal and killer, while the Batman & Robin ones might have been the biggest character-centric ones. Nightwing will get the character impact soon enough, and ultimately be the best non-Batman relationship to the Death of the Family, but it's been so brutal and violent that he hasn't had a moment to breath to even let it impact him.

codablack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By codablack

Batgirl is bad ass. Love those tie-ins. Nightwing probably next.

FatihBATMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By FatihBATMAN

B&R; is a nice one!

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#15  Edited By John Valentine
    1. Batman & Robin
    2. Nightwing

Teen Titans and Red Hood haven't been especially great.

Haven't read Batgirl, Catwoman, Suicide Squad or Detective Comics.

havoc1201

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By havoc1201

Nightwing and Batman And Robin have been great the last issue of RHTOL was horrible even the art sucked TT#16 was pretty good finally, Detective is not one that i like but others like it.

Moccles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17  Edited By Moccles

@Manbehindthewires said:

Loving Batgirl. Hadn't bought a Batgirl til DotF; My LCS barely bought any in up until now either, but gonna go back to the earlier Gail Simone stuff after this arc is done with.

I concur.

I never fancied Batgirl but I picked up the previous three issues of DotF and loved it.

Nightwing is my favourite tie-in thus far but mostly because his fight with Joker was brutal both emotionally and physically. It was great to see Nightwing get a few punches in and harrowing to see the smackdown on Nightwing too.

wessaari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

User Lists: 7

#18  Edited By wessaari

My favorite tie in series has been Nightwing. I flipped through BR 16 and saw it as chilling, but NW issue 16 is my favorite tie in issue out of all of them. Batgirl has been consistently good, but not great. Red Hood started out good, but ended terribly. Teen Titans has been consistently ok

Imagine_Man15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#19  Edited By Imagine_Man15

The Nightwing tie-ins have been the best for me. Honestly, I think they should have limited the tie-ins to B&R, Nightwing and Batgirl... the rest felt pretty unnecessary.

Avatar image for manbehindthewires
    Manbehindthewires

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@Nantucket: Nightwing has been brutal! Not sure if it's because he's always been a favorite character of mine; but to me it seems Joker's been going extra harsh on him.

Moccles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#21  Edited By Moccles

@Manbehindthewires said:

@Nantucket: Nightwing has been brutal! Not sure if it's because he's always been a favorite character of mine; but to me it seems Joker's been going extra harsh on him.

Well Joker did say Nightwing was his least favourite...

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.