Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23648 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Ben Affleck is playing Batman Beyond

sinestro_GL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 8

SupBatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

@nwillayt: That's a fan made poster, dude...

Source

That's a slight sigh of relief. I love Batman Beyond and I love Terry. But I don't want to see a live action version of him just yet. Nor do I want Affleck to play Terry.

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
    DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

WB wanted to do a Beyond movie, the people on WB talked about it.

To be honest, i liked the idea of having a bigger timeline that Marvel.

I mean that means they could had a young Batman and a Nightwing movie, since they have a bigger timeline and they arent going straight foward, would mean they could explore the storylines in a non linear way.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
    Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

@deathpoolthet1000: @supbatz: I'd welcome a Batman Beyond movie. But it obviously not going to be Terry / Superman team up in the upcoming film. That would just be silly.

Also. Terry is suppose to be 17 when he becomes Batman. They'll need to keep his age on screen to look like he's in that area of 17-21. Aka a pretty young dude. Ben is 41. Not happening.

Also....regardless if we do or don't get a BB movie...I WANT to see the suit so bad. He doesn't even have to wear it as his main suit...but I want to see a cameo of it at least damnit, lol. Maybe hanging up in the Batcave? :3

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fallschirmjager: You know he could be playing Bruce Wayne the old one.

For some bizarre reason Hollywood loves to cast people around their 30s and 40s, like if they were younger or older, over casting actors in the right age zone.

Also, i never said that was going to happens, just why it would be a better idea that Affleck Batman.

Besides being more interesting.

Nwillayt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Nwillayt

@supbatz: @deathpoolthet1000: dats is sad coz its hard for me face fact dat Ben Affleck is playing instead of BALE y nywyas y...bale was for money or wat

Nwillayt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Nwillayt
    DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By DeathpooltheT1000

@nwillayt said:

@supbatz: @deathpoolthet1000: dats is sad coz its hard for me face fact dat Ben Affleck is playing instead of BALE y nywyas y...bale was for money or wat

Bale was going to be paid 50 millions bucks and said, no thank you and walk away.

Bale is not in acting for the money, it looks he enjoy acting and likes his job.

I mean he did a chinesse movie called Flowers of War with Yimou Zhang, there was no way they pay him as much as Hollywood.

Besides he did everything he wanted with the character, now he walked away.

He move to the next part of his acting life, he move in his life, that it shows how awesome he is, since its more easy not going to new projects and keep doing the same thing over and over again.

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nwillayt said:

Bale was going to be paid 50 millions bucks and said, no thank you and walk away.

Bale is not in acting for the money, it looks he enjoy acting and likes his job.

I mean he did a chinesse movie called Flowers of War with Yimou Zhang, there was no way they pay him as much as Hollywood.

Besides he did everything he wanted with the character, now he walked away.

He move to the next part of his acting life, he move in his life, that it shows how awesome he is, since its more easy not going to new projects and keep doing the same thing over and over again.

That was only a rumor but It never happened

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Thematically, they did want an older Batman to act as more of a mentor role for Superman, which is I suppose similar to Batman Beyond.

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fodigg said:

Thematically, they did want an older Batman to act as more of a mentor role for Superman, which is I suppose similar to Batman Beyond.

So Superman is going to be Robin?

No Caption Provided

How could Superman beat Batman?

I mean even Robin kick his ass!!!!

Darkseid_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#$%* Ben Affleck! I'm no longer a live action Batman fan only because of him.

what a dickface
    what a dickface

JairamGanpat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#14  Edited By JairamGanpat

#$%* Ben Affleck! I'm no longer a live action Batman fan only because of him.

what a dickface
    what a dickface

I laughed so hard

Nwillayt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Nwillayt

@fodigg: i do agree Bale could have take over the film because superman playing in his young age of his life where bale had played batman in his very experienced age time period but how come they end with Affleck like they didn't able to find any one. However, in many part of comics and animation whenever superman fought batman he has lost it... do you know that like i never saw superman had defeated Batman in dc universe game sheesh BATMAN is awesome did u saw that animation movie Dark knight return part 2 wow batman fought with superman and the strategy he used to defeat him was AWSOME!!! check this link out http://batman4fanatics.blogspot.com/2013/09/batman-dark-knight-returns-part-2.html

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This whole theories and nerdideas of nerds, only make me wish the DC cinematic universe never happens.

Besides, Arrow is screwing character like a champion and making hard this to work.

And is not a joke, i actually mean it.

Suddenly everybody is a Nolan Hater and a Wonder Woman fan, people that just say dumb senless shit.

Nwillayt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nwillayt: And, i am not in the ones that belives Affleck is going to screw this movies, i belive Goyer and Snyder are going to screw this movies.

Snyder is a good director, but i mean, Batman had take a more serious take in the last decade and before that his comics are more serious too, not only that, since people now has to big opinion of how Batman should be now, it means people is going to hate this dont matter what, besides the fact MOS was hated by many people and they look to try to force this cinematic universe too hard, is not a natural evolution of things, Marvel decide their game plan first and then they did the movies.

WB looks to want to force Batman to be Tony Stark of DC, the poster boy, but is not going to work, Batman as cool as it is, has never worked with other characters in live action and most of his cartoons he is the only hero in them, there is a reason, Batman is a hard character to use, harder to use in a team, not only that they take a new Batman, so we have no idea of where he is coming from and why he is the way he is.

I dont mean origin story, i mean how his life was, Batman is the way he is in small part fo his parent death and more for the thing that happen in his life since then, his parents death impact is wildly overrated.

This could force his relationship with Superman too much, too friendly and people dont care, but if they are like enemies people is going to care even less, not only that but Snyder looks to have a thing for Miller, the 80s are over, lets be honest, miller ideas didnt aged as well s any person would had wish.

russellmania77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By lifeofvibe
    The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nwillayt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathpoolthet1000: http://batman4fanatics.blogspot.com/2013/09/batmanoh-come-on-ben-affleck-cant-be.html

I was going through blogs and FB's pages and many other group and trust me i never saw people are criticizing any actor like this come on guys are u a bale fan or a Batman fan..justimagine if bale wasn't there at all... I know guys that actor have actually portrayed Batman better than any one. Nevertheless there is high possibility that AFFLECK might be playing Young Batman we should rather not make out our mind before seeing it because than we just gona dig wrong thing out of it.. MAN of Steel 2 is not about Ben Affleck....its about SuperMan and Batman first time togather in real movie...comon how epic is that...dun ruin it give him a chance

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nwillayt: I dont get where this comment is coming, i am one of the persons that is making fun of how people is overreacting to Affleck and is playing dumb to other thing that are a bigger danger to this movie.

Goyer and Snyder being the writers and being by themselves, Johnathan Nolan give us The Joker and Catwoman, besides the point he cointroled hi big brother, he control people and fix their ideas.

This being a MOS sequel over his own movie.

Snyder being the director, he is good with more heroic characters but Batman is not a hero per se.

The fact this happens too fast.

Many of the ideas that sound about Batman make him go back to the 80s, a period of Batman that is aging badly.

Batman coming back to movies too fast.

Batman bieng too much like any other types of Batman in the past, not moving foward but going back and not going back for inspiration, but just to live in nostalgia town.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.