Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23651 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Batman Rebirth(Update)

• 85 results
    entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

@ecstaticgrace: It's not confirmed though but if it is then good riddance to Harper Row and Duke.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Haven't read anything written by King before, hope he's good.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Damian might be leading the new Teen Titans (and I'm not talking about the movie). Don't know if that means they'll cancel his solo.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy said:

Damian might be leading the new Teen Titans (and I'm not talking about the movie). Don't know if that means they'll cancel his solo.

I hope not,he should retain his solo or star in Batman and Robin because with Titans the spectre of Lobdell will always be on the horizon. If he becomes a member I'm game with it but Titans needs a lot more than Damian to be decent once more.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/02/02/dc-comics-rebirth-damian-wayne-to-lead-the-new-teen-titans/

I was excited at first but BC is really throwing shit at the wall with all these announcements,DC needs to come out clean

@entropy_aegis: I think Duke wasn't a bad addition just really unnecessary the character could of worked at another time when Batman (Bruce Wayne) didn't have so many Robin's already but now he's had about 4 in this continuity alone and 5 in the last one

Harper Row just wasn't for me as cool as it is to see writers incorporating different personality based character The Punk vibe Harper had she just felt forced to me.

Either could always end up in Detective though.

I have no problem with them in Detective. Batman is a flag ship book and the writer has a responsibility to steer the entire mythos in addition to writing his own stories. Scott Snyder forgot the first part of the job. Remember when Morrison wanted to build up Damian he launched Batman and Robin and then Inc when he decided to focus on the club of heroes C-listers. Pet characters should be confined to pet projects until other writers and fans develop interest.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@entropy_aegis: Completely agree about pet characters needing to be established in books where the focus won't be taken off the main character first.

I saw the Damian leading the TT thing as well. That gets me back to thinking this Rebirth thing might be heavily media influenced.

At this point even the media influence would be better than what DC publishes.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

I loooove Tom King but I have no interest in reading a Biweekly Batman book.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@entropy_aegis: Yeah it's becoming ridiculous now. DC needs to announce at least something soon.

Kingthunder99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly wherever Damian goes im going to follow but I would rather have him be in his own book than on the TT. To me I feel he needs to be established as his own hero and not under a big name hero like Batman or a team book comprised of other heroes who have names built up for themselves as well. He needs to grow a little more first before joining the TT. Also if Gleason is leaving RSOB I really hope Tomasi takes over or they both collaborate on the book. But my dream writer would be Jeff Lemire but that's never going to happen.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

After Morrison's B&R, New 52 Nightwing and Grayson.

The only thing I learned is that Nightwing as a title is outdated. So I hope they at least put a twist on it.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The only thing I learned is that Nightwing as a title is outdated. So I hope they at least put a twist on it.

The people who want Nightwing back just want to read about a more likeable and inferior Batman who doesn't have the BatGod and Joker baggage to deal with it. They're just substituting their desire for different type of Batman stories with Nightwing. Every single issue of Nightwing was either a tie inn to some Snyder story or a second rate Batman story.

Grayson is the best thing to happen to that character.

UltimatePower6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

@lamdaddy20: Johns is writing Batman: Earth One graphic novels, does that not count as him being on Batman?

lamdaddy20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@ultimatepower6: Well that's not canon Batman, so he's free to write that Batman as he pleases. Which is completely out of character compared to the main earth Batman

pcris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm tired with Snyder writing Batman, I have left it half a way what I think is called the zero year, and I don't have enough interest for spending more money in it. So the change for me is welcome. In this moment, I don't mind the bi-weekly, and maybe in detective comics he is better for me.

I think that they should do something with both Tim and Jason, I don't know if a writer change is going to work, but I supose that is better than nothing.

I was following Midnighter and Gotham Academy, but I understand why they aren't coming back.

My three worst nightmares:

-Dick Grayson coming back to Nightwing without any clear direction.

-Cassandra Cain in a team with Stephanie Brown and Harper Row.

-Damian Wayne join the titans.

Avatar image for nathaniel_christopher
    Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There really is no point in Dick being Nightwing again if they're not going to at the least plan out a year's worth of stories for him in my opinion. Otherwise he'll end up back where he was before Grayson, being thrown into every random Batman event with whatever's going on in his own story being pushed aside. Which at best is just going to leave him where Jason and Tim are now.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

@squalleon said:

The people who want Nightwing back just want to read about a more likeable and inferior Batman who doesn't have the BatGod and Joker baggage to deal with it. They're just substituting their desire for different type of Batman stories with Nightwing. Every single issue of Nightwing was either a tie inn to some Snyder story or a second rate Batman story.

Grayson is the best thing to happen to that character.

Agreed.

vinomonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Birds of Prey with Batgirl, Canary and Batwoman

Bat_Girl_CC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Birds of Prey with Batgirl, Canary and Batwoman

This is in my opinion a safe bet...but it won't have that roster, because Batgirl and Black Canary already have their own solo-titles, and Batwoman is like-wise getting relaunched since she just debuted on DC animated universe i doubt that DC will just let her character go to limbo...and then theres a bunch of characters that have no place to go and that pretty soon will need a book like Birds Of Prey to appear on, i would add in Cassandra Cain, Harper Row, Stephanie Brown and even Catwoman herself, since her solo-title its selling below 15K...a relaunch might do her good, but probably soon enough it will be cancelled.

pcris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bat_girl_cc:

I don't want to offend you and if I'm wrong, correct me and please give your point of view.

You don't like that Helena take down a infected Cassandra Cain.

I don't think that you are going to take it better than she was going to need help in a fight for a group made of a two rookies and her.

bronxbrothers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

it's a problem

and the problem is simple

too many overlapping/underlapping storylines

whats next One-armed Batman...3 eyed Robin..

BATMAN has one singular vision by BOB KANE

all this other crap is non sense

u want to sell comics everyday with new and exciting BATMAN stories? for money? yeah the money...

BATMAN's story is SIMPLE and has already been CLEARLY DEFINED by it's creator

all this other stuff is just to keep selling comics for money

adrikito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#73  Edited By adrikito

A start from 1 according understood, GoodBye We Are Robin, Robin .. we return to one Robin, the Robin of Batman(But if they want to continue their series on, batman and robin and will return someday.) I feel sorry for Riko, I prefer her before Duke, this guy I liked before this comic ..

-Batman returns, jeje

-The serie of Harley, I imagine it will return, difficult to be left, so miniseries.

-I think Grayson will start from zero again(no Nightwing) .. With the cut damn owls, I doubt I could go back to being Nightwing easily, but They claimed he could use the name he wanted, and there will be a serie of Titans.

-Red Hood finally alone... although he may stay with the Joker's Daughter ... She is similar to its former pre-Flahspoint partner... anyway, in the last cover she looked less horrible, without the Joker Face, Just made up like a clown.

-Red Robin I imagine that will continue with the Teen Titans... In batman Beyond should return TERRY ..

-Batgirl return, BUT.. I am not fan of the current Style, I hate burnside.

-I would like ALL the characters in Batgirl 50 cover(except harper), especially if they returned to look like before Burnside(Dinah Can stick with silver hair), BUT..

Recently they change Starfire the same trash style, in Titans she will look like? my god .. What a mess...they will continue as now, I'd be more excited about Birds of Prey(with Cassie) if they regained their former appearance..

Bat_Girl_CC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pcris said:

@bat_girl_cc:

I don't want to offend you and if I'm wrong, correct me and please give your point of view.

You don't like that Helena take down a infected Cassandra Cain.

I don't think that you are going to take it better than she was going to need help in a fight for a group made of a two rookies and her.

Cass got literally tagged and overwhelmed by cannon fodder on issue 8...its not only the fact that she looked bad, its the fact she always looks bad under Seeley, i thought that he saw her as not being as good as she is, and i got both angry and worried for future issues, so i talked with him about it, anyway, i was wrong, and i already forgot about it.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So it just occurred to me that neither Harley nor Batgirl are getting Rebirth specials.

Avatar image for theheaven_guardian10
    TheHeaven_Guardian10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

For Tim Drake and Cassandra Cain to have major role in the Bat Clan, also some resembles of what they was Pre-New 52. Has far as I'm concerned these are two characters whoe have been mistreated, misuse and understood.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By entropy_aegis
    @rustyroy said:

@entropy_aegis: Any news on Damian?

No,there are some rumours that he'll end up in Teen Titans and maybe Super Sons. Neither of which excites me because these books will undoubtedly be edited by the Superman office and will have Lobdell and Jurgens influencing them in some manner. I like Jurgens somewhat but he's not really cut for Batman related material.

I also dont understand why books selling much lesser than SOB returned,many of them even as bi-monthlies. The business model makes no sense,Batgirl is monthly but Cyborg will ship twice a month? WTF?

EDIT: Jurgens may end up working on Action Comics,so chances of him on SS are lower now but there is no guarantee Damian will be part of that book.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy said:

@entropy_aegis: Any news on Damian?

No,there are some rumours that he'll end up in Teen Titans and maybe Super Sons. Neither of which excites me because these books will undoubtedly be edited by the Superman office and will have Lobdell and Jurgens influencing them in some manner. I like Jurgens somewhat but he's not really cut for Batman related material.

I also dont understand why books selling much lesser than SOB returned,many of them even as bi-monthlies. The business model makes no sense,Batgirl is monthly but Cyborg will ship twice a month? WTF?

EDIT: Jurgens may end up working on Action Comics,so chances of him on SS are lower now but there is no guarantee Damian will be part of that book.

Have all the books been announced? And I don't mind him being a member of Titans but I don't really want him in Super sons. If DC doesn't bring back his solo or B&R, they're going to lose a lot of money.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By RustyRoy

@entropy_aegis: And maybe Batgirl isn't monthly because she also have Batgirl and BoP?

pcris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That Batman and Harley Quinn is going to be twice a month is more or less understandable, the Justice League comic too. The rest I think that they are going to take a big risk that I don't know if they seriously think that they are going to survive.

That Batman Beyond, Birds of Prey and Batgirl go monthly seems to me a better idea.

I like Dick Grayson but three times per month at regular way is a lot more than I want of him.

I don't know how the Red Hood and the Outlaws survive again and get a special.

The last issue that I read about Gotham Academy was the 5, someone could opinion about the rest, please?

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pcris said:

That Batman and Harley Quinn is going to be twice a month is more or less understandable, the Justice League comic too. The rest I think that they are going to take a big risk that I don't know if they seriously think that they are going to survive.

That Batman Beyond, Birds of Prey and Batgirl go monthly seems to me a better idea.

I like Dick Grayson but three times per month at regular way is a lot more than I want of him.

I don't know how the Red Hood and the Outlaws survive again and get a special.

The last issue that I read about Gotham Academy was the 5, someone could opinion about the rest, please?

Nightwing is going to ship twice monthly.

Aahz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By Aahz

@entropy_aegis said:

I also dont understand why books selling much lesser than SOB returned,many of them even as bi-monthlies.

That also something I don't really understand. Maybe they want him back in Gotham and in one of the Batman titles when Bruce is back? Thats were a Robin usually belongs, and where damian probably wants to be. When the year of Blood storyline is over there is not much reason for him to keep globe-trotting instead of being with his father and with 2 twice monthly titles there is enough space to give Damian some solo stories.

@entropy_aegis said:

The business model makes no sense,Batgirl is monthly but Cyborg will ship twice a month? WTF?

Probaly because all Justice League members get twice monthly titles. And Batgirl has two titles so she is kind of twice monthly.

Btw. I really hope that Starfire doesn't return to the Outlaws. She was never a good fit for that team.

pcris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy:

I was counting titans too. Realistically, there aren't too much possibilities that they are going to made a group different out of Titans Hunt.

kcomicfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I really hope that James Tynion IV is writing the main Batman series.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.