Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23537 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Batman Rebirth(Update)

• 85 results
    entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By entropy_aegis

So,now we know:

JUNE

BATMAN REBIRTH #1(special)

Shipping twice monthly:

BATMAN #1

DETECTIVE COMICS #934

JULY

Specials:

NIGHTWING REBIRTH #1

RED HOOD & THE OUTLAWS REBIRTH #1

BATGIRL & THE BIRDS OF PREY REBIRTH #1

Shipping twice monthly:

NIGHTWING #1

Shipping monthly:

BATGIRL #1

BATGIRL & THE BIRDS OF PREY #1

RED HOOD & THE OUTLAWS #1

FALL

BATMAN BEYOND REBIRTH #1 (Special)

Shipping twice monthly:

HARLEY QUINN #1

Shipping monthly:

BATMAN BEYOND #1

GOTHAM ACADEMY: NEXT SEMESTER #1

Batman3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@entropy_aegis: Sounds cool. I hope Scott does something with Deadshot or Two-Face. Sadly I don't think we'll see Deadshot and Batman any time soon.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

So the books not returning are the books that I like, I don't give a shit about the rest.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@entropy_aegis: Sounds cool. I hope Scott does something with Deadshot or Two-Face. Sadly I don't think we'll see Deadshot and Batman any time soon.

Will Evans or Floyd Lawton? lol

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So the books not returning are the books that I like, I don't give a shit about the rest.

I'm assuming but DC doesn't seem to be happy with the DC You initiative. Only the Robin book has done well so I see them going back to the basics. I can see Canary and Midnighter finding homes in BOP and Authority(hopefully by Valentine and Orlando) but the writing is on the wall for their own books. WAR and GA are just waiting to be replaced by something else.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@entropy_aegis: It was specifically Midnighter and We Are Robin that I was the most interested in. An Authority book replacing Midnighter would placate me somewhat but I would still be pissed. Whatever happened to those Dark Universe books that were meant to come out?

Batman3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@entropy_aegis: Lol. I hope they don't reveal that secretly he's his son or something.

gothamknight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I think the main Batman title alongside whatever else that'll be going bi-weekly will follow the movies' structure while Snyder will continue his stories and style from where ever Batman ends in Detective.

Bat_Girl_CC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So what are you guys hoping/expecting from the Batman line come June?

There's rumours of Batman becoming bi weekly and Scott Snyder shifting to Detective Comics. There's also talk of Snyder,King and Johns having something big planned. I'm betting it has something to do with Dick,Owlman and the Court of Owls. I can see the following happening:

Detective by Snyder

Scott Snyder on Detective Comics would be awesome! not only Detective sales would go through the roof, but also he once said that being a Batman writter is a huge opportunity that anyone would want and that he feels that he must make the best and most epic possible story he can and when he can't he would leave, so this way he would not have the pressure on his shoulders anymore and he could do smaller-stories featuring B-list villains to give them some much deserved exposure and since he has been said to be wantting to make a two-face story for a long time now i can already see him doing it, i can also already see the pre-flashpoint dynamics between Batman, Cass, Steph and Tim being featured on detective, can't wait!

Bi weekly Batman book by King and Johns or Tomasi and Johns. Maybe Azzarello and Snyder as well. They may even steal a big time Marvel writer for this one.

Interesting, this can give Damian fans the Batman-Son dynamics that they've been asking for.

Nightwing/Grayson by Seeley or King or both.

Good.

Batman & Robin or Robin:Damian SOB by Tomasi or Gleason or both.

Good

Something with Jason Todd by Tomasi or Colin Kelley and Jackson Lanzing...or Scott Lobdell

Meh, could be good, but i'm not excited for it.

I see the Batman book putting an end to Eternal books.

Well, that's not necessarily a good or bad thing...if the Batman main title ges bi-weekly the weeklies will not continue because they will become redundant and DC will have enough Money to avoid having to make them, besides more Batman page-count, means more space for other characters.

Batgirl retains it's team.

Awfull.

Maybe Tim Drake by Tynion or Kelly and Lanzing.

Same as Jason, although Tynion might do some good for New 52's Tim butchered Drake.

Harley retains both her books and may well gain another one with any combination of Joker/Ivy/Catwoman.

Meh.

Catwoman and/or Ivy by Chu and Valentine.

Good.

Some Gotham book.

Always good.

Titans with Graysons generation. Possibly YJ or TT with Damian.

Hum...interesting.

Possibly another BOP or Batwoman or both.

BOP good, Batwoman again meh.

Dont see Midnighter,We Are Robin,Gotham Academy and Black Canary returning

Probaby, sales are a big factor, and they aren't on their side...and i would argue that Catwoman might not return as well, at least not alone in one book.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@entropy_aegis: It was specifically Midnighter and We Are Robin that I was the most interested in. An Authority book replacing Midnighter would placate me somewhat but I would still be pissed. Whatever happened to those Dark Universe books that were meant to come out?

I'll be sad to be Midnighter go and here I cant even blame DC. Wonderful book that fans never gave a chance however cant say Ill be too sorry to see WAR bite the dust.

The only Dark book that was planned a year back was the one written by Tynion but that never took off. I think the current Constantine book is kind off it's replacement.

I think the main Batman title alongside whatever else that'll be going bi-weekly will follow the movies' structure while Snyder will continue his stories and style from where ever Batman ends in Detective.

I dont think Batman will be following the movie structure just yet. I doubt they'll give Bruce grey hair and kill off Jason Todd. Maybe they'll give Joker those stupid tatoos but I dont see the film influence creeping for Batman just yet. He doesn't need it at all right now.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bat_girl_cc: What are you hoping for Cass? and what are your realistic expectations?

Bat_Girl_CC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Bat_Girl_CC

@entropy_aegis said:

@bat_girl_cc: What are you hoping for Cass? and what are your realistic expectations?

Cass has alot of things that i love in her, but i feel like some of them are the reason why she gets hated on and benched...she used to do crazy-awesome stuff on her Batgirl run, and it made sense according to her training...she's too good, or too powerfull if you will, true, but only when compared to the environement around her, if she was on Teen Titans, for exemple, i doubt that many people would complain, and she could still have interactions with the other bat-family members on big stories, or through cross-overs, or minor appearences here and there whenever the writters of those books felt like using her, which would all be appreciatted, and i'm sure most Cass fans would read.

Realisticly? she will be nerfed and stay around, probably Birds Of Prey fashion, which isn't bad actually, deppending on how much she's nerfed, it also deppends on who are her teammates, because while Cass-Harper-Steph could be good, some dynamics with other characters might not...maybe they do a Girls or "Woman Of Gotham" book, featuring Selina, Babs, Cass, Kate, Harper, and Steph, and some interesting team-ups could be tried, i think it would sell well, personally.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bat_girl_cc: Wouldn't surprise me if we got a book with all those characters. The only question is whether it'll be BOP or Gotham Girls.

Bat_Girl_CC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bat_girl_cc: Wouldn't surprise me if we got a book with all those characters. The only question is whether it'll be BOP or Gotham Girls.

BOP would be cool, and i like that idea, (please not with Batgirl's current writer and artist, as suggested by Batgirl 50 solicit, please no, just no)...but while new members makes sense because the original ones had their shot and failed miserably, a BOP without Babs, Dinah and Helena, would be kinda weird...i guess i could be used to as long as it was good, Gail Simone or Valentine on it, with Kate as mentor and team composed by Cass, Harper and Steph, could be gold.

But "Gotham Girls" as you said, or with some other name, would probably be the best idea, it would also be more flexible for the writters because they could use all the girls/woman mentioned plus Rennee Montoya, and some others as part of the main-cast and recurring-cast.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@entropy_aegis said:

BOP would be cool, and i like that idea, (please not with Batgirl's current writer and artist, as suggested by Batgirl 50 solicit, please no, just no)...but while new members makes sense because the original ones had their shot and failed miserably, a BOP without Babs, Dinah and Helena, would be kinda weird...i guess i could be used to as long as it was good, Gail Simone or Valentine on it, with Kate as mentor and team composed by Cass, Harper and Steph, could be gold.

But "Gotham Girls" as you said, or with some other name, would probably be the best idea, it would also be more flexible for the writters because they could use all the girls/woman mentioned plus Rennee Montoya, and some others as part of the main-cast and recurring-cast.

The only obstacle I see here is writer willingness. Right now only the Batgirl team seems hell bent on using characters that dont show up elsewhere. Luke,Steph,Harper even Dinah before she got her ongoing have showed up in Batgirl. So a book like that will probably have that creative team.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@entropy_aegis: Wasn't there meant to be a Mystic U and Dark Universe books?

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes a Dark Universe book by Tynion was on the cards but he got Constantine instead. Heh it's DC,I'm still waiting for Frank Miller and Kevin Smith to finish their goddamn stories. There was also a Marc Silvestri Batman book that was supposed to come out at the same time but never did.

Avatar image for deactivated-57dd84d2af8d3
    deactivated-57dd84d2af8d3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

-Batman and Detective Comics is a given. Synder on DC sounds great, and I'd like to see a fresh team on Batman.

-Nightwing by the Grayson team.

-Birds of Prey (Hoping for a return of Oracle and Bertinelli Huntress. It also seems like a good book for Cass as Batgirl)

-A Robin title. Maybe featuring Damian and Tim. There's always been bad blood between the two, so a book starring the both of them can be great.

-I can't see there not being a Catwoman title.

-This is a pipe dream. The Brave and The Bold.

That's all that's necessary. Of course they'll be more Bat-related titles.

I'd like to see We Are Robin return if Bermejo maintains the quality, there's obviously going to be a Titans book, and something starring Jason "should've stayed dead" Todd.

Bat_Girl_CC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Bat_Girl_CC

@entropy_aegis said:
    @bat_girl_cc said:
    @entropy_aegis said:

The only obstacle I see here is writer willingness. Right now only the Batgirl team seems hell bent on using characters that dont show up elsewhere. Luke,Steph,Harper even Dinah before she got her ongoing have showed up in Batgirl. So a book like that will probably have that creative team.

The main obstacle really, is and always was the editorial-team willingness. Since Flashpoint happened many writters (Gail Simone, Scott Snyder, James Tynion, Morrison, etc) have been said to wantting to use Cass, but the Editorial said no, every time...until now (thei're getting desperate, sales-wise, probably) i'm pretty sure that Gail Simone would be all for writting a new BOP...plus, Tynion recently tweeted that B&RE issue 26 is the grand finale of B&RE but not the finale of what they have in store for all these characters, so i'm guessing "big bat-family book coming"? or maybe more bat-related-characters will be featured more often on the Batman main title since soon it will be out twice a month.

Aahz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Based on the sales Midnighter will probably have to go.

We Are Robin is close to the cancellation range, but for the mist part slightly above. They just had an event and Snyder wants to build up Duke, I don't think that it will be already cancled.

Gotham Academy lost Kerschl and the year book arc seems also to be kind of filler (and is written by many different writers), which doesn't makes me very optimistic about the survival of this book.

And I'm not very interested in Black Canary.

And I'm still hoping for a Batman Family (or "Team Robin") book, thats more character driven than the Eternals and that they will explore Jasons and Tims past as Robin a little bit more.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aahz said:
    @entropy_aegis said:

Based on the sales Midnighter will probably have to go.

We Are Robin is close to the cancellation range, but for the mist part slightly above. They just had an event and Snyder wants to build up Duke, I don't think that it will be already cancled.

Gotham Academy lost Kerschl and the year book arc seems also to be kind of filler (and is written by many different writers), which doesn't makes me very optimistic about the survival of this book.

And I'm not very interested in Black Canary.

And I'm still hoping for a Batman Family (or "Team Robin") book, thats more character driven than the Eternals and that they will explore Jasons and Tims past as Robin a little bit more.

Duke will probably show up in whatever book Snyder or Tynion write. So Tec and the book Tynion gets...if he does and that too depends on the type of book.

I think Batman family is more likely than team Robin. For one I dont see why the writers are gonna explore something that's already been explored.There's 20 years worth of books exploring Tim's time as Robin and Jason did whatever he was intended to do as Robin. Beyond the origin,first day on the job,the occasional trip down the memory lane and final day on the job I cant see writers being bothered to explore Tim and Jason's pasts. There is just no reason to,anyone who wants to read their pasts as Robins will just have to pick those 80's/90's books.

Aahz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Aahz

@entropy_aegis said:

For one I dont see why the writers are gonna explore something that's already been explored.There's 20 years worth of books exploring Tim's time as Robin and Jason did whatever he was intended to do as Robin. Beyond the origin,first day on the job,the occasional trip down the memory lane and final day on the job I cant see writers being bothered to explore Tim and Jason's pasts. There is just no reason to,anyone who wants to read their pasts as Robins will just have to pick those 80's/90's books.

The new 52 Tim is quite different from the old one,and we still haven't reall seen him working together with Bruce in the new 52.

And the few books from Jasons time as Robin are extremly incositent when it comes to his characterisation (and there are really not much post-crisis-Jason centric stories besides his origin, diplomats sons and Death in the family). And it would be nice to see him in story as Robin which is not about his origin or death or him screewing up, one story just a fun adventure at the peak of his Robin career and how he and his relation with Bruce was back than.

Imo they should at least do one flash back story with each of them like they did it with Dick.

Avatar image for nathaniel_christopher
    Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So what are you guys hoping/expecting from the Batman line come June?

There's rumours of Batman becoming bi weekly and Scott Snyder shifting to Detective Comics. There's also talk of Snyder,King and Johns having something big planned. I'm betting it has something to do with Dick,Owlman and the Court of Owls. I can see the following happening:

Detective by Snyder

Bi weekly Batman book by King and Johns or Tomasi and Johns. Maybe Azzarello and Snyder as well. They may even steal a big time Marvel writer for this one.

Nightwing/Grayson by Seeley or King or both.

Batman & Robin or Robin:Damian SOB by Tomasi or Gleason or both.

Something with Jason Todd by Tomasi or Colin Kelley and Jackson Lanzing...or Scott Lobdell

I see the Batman book putting an end to Eternal books.

Batgirl retains it's team.

Maybe Tim Drake by Tynion or Kelly and Lanzing.

Harley retains both her books and may well gain another one with any combination of Joker/Ivy/Catwoman.

Catwoman and/or Ivy by Chu and Valentine.

Some Gotham book.

Titans with Graysons generation. Possibly YJ or TT with Damian.

Possibly another BOP or Batwoman or both.

I feel that we're nearing the time where Snyder's run on Batman will have run its course, so a shift over to Detective wouldn't surprise me. I'd actually be interested to see why type of stories he'd tell over there. I'm also ready to see someone else on the main Batman title. We've had Snyder since the reboot so let's get a fresh take to add a new touch to the universe.

Definitely see there being some big event down the line with Dick and the Court of Owls at the center, which is something to look forward to on that front. Could be a game changer depending on what direction they take it. They could very well have the conclusion of that event see the return of Dick to the role of Nightwing.

While overall the series was great, if we're asking for one or the other i'd prefer Son of Batman to Batman and Robin. Could be a little iffy since we've kind of grown used to a series centered around Batman and Robin teaming up, but they could just as easily return to the old format and have any teamup adventures take place within Batman or Detective Comics. And since Son of Batman is Damian's own series, just as Tim previously had his own, you still get to see the character just as much as you would with Batman and Robin. Basically, as long as Son of Batman is around we don't really need Batman and Robin so they may as well just not even focus on that.

Anything with Jason Todd that doesn't include Lobdell has my seal of approval.

If Batman goes Bi-weekly I don't think there'd really be a purpose to anything like Eternal again, outside of just another event (Which could be how they choose to wrap up the Dick and Court of Owls thing).

With Stephanie, Cassandra, and unfortunately Harper, along with Barbara still being Batgirl i'd be very surprised if they didn't make some kind of Birds of Prey/Team-up series for the girls to work together in.

Catwoman needs to continue and Batgirl seems to be doing fine so i'm certain it won't change much, even if a Birds of Prey type series gets off the ground. And honestly I wouldn't even put Barbara on that team and would instead just use it to develop the other three.

Tim needs his own series, but they also need to actually find a role for him within the Bat Family. The tone and setting has to be right. Gotham's pretty packed now as it is, so it might be time to just have him operating on his own in his own city again. He worked in Bludhaven for a bit Pre-Flashpoint, so something similar could work again.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nathaniel_christopher: I definitely have this feeling that Kelley and Lanzing are going to be taking control over either Tim or Jason. Personally I'd rather they write Jason,I like him much more than Tim who I feel has outlived his purpose. Of course this is all assuming Lobdell doesn't get his way.

Tynion I think may actually write a Bat family book.It'll replace Eternal and allow the characters introduced in the series to do something. I'm game as long Harper isn't part of it.

I hope Damian continues to keep his book with a relaunch and also retains his creative team.

I'm hoping Batman gets taken over by King and a big name Marvel writer(maybe Hickman). I've been having Johns visions for a while.

Rurgandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Successful books like Grayson, Batgirl, and Robin Son of Batman will probably stay as they are, with maybe a different title. New Birds of Prey team is possible. Red Robin and Red Hood may get salvaged and given to the Bat editorial. Midnighter can go either way (poor floppy sales, strong digital sales and trade pre-orders). There are plenty of writers (Lanzing/Kelly, Tynion, Orlando, etc) who can make something of Gotham's spare pieces (Jason, Tim, Harper, Duke, Steph, Cass, Kate, etc).

Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nathaniel_christopher: I definitely have this feeling that Kelley and Lanzing are going to be taking control over either Tim or Jason. Personally I'd rather they write Jason,I like him much more than Tim who I feel has outlived his purpose. Of course this is all assuming Lobdell doesn't get his way.

Tynion I think may actually write a Bat family book.It'll replace Eternal and allow the characters introduced in the series to do something. I'm game as long Harper isn't part of it.

I hope Damian continues to keep his book with a relaunch and also retains his creative team.

I'm hoping Batman gets taken over by King and a big name Marvel writer(maybe Hickman). I've been having Johns visions for a while.

A Batman family book would be welcome, though with members like Harper and Duke I expect that Snyder's going to keep using them wherever he ends up, as long as he's within Gotham City. That might be the one downside to him taking over Detective. You can pretty much assume that it'll have the same flaw as his Batman run, where the other Family members, beyond the two Snyder himself created, are nowhere to be found except for group shots when things are getting rough.

I'd accept Kelley and Lanzing writing Jason instead of Tim, because the most important thing would be getting Jason away from Lobdell. That's a win of massive proporttions for everyone involved.

I'd be very surprised if Damian's book goes anywhere. Reviews are good, as are sales.

Hickman on Batman (Now that you mention it I need to remember to pick up all the trades for his Avengers/New Avengers run when I get some extra cash) would be interesting. I had my share of problems with his run, but I think that a number of them wouldn't be issues if he was just focusing on one character instead of a team. There's potential with that idea. He also likes to do epic things, but builds them up over longer periods of time than Snyder does.

Chronos96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman with Geoff Johns and Ivan Reis or Fabok on pencils maybe? If they could get something like Gotham Central again I'd be happy.

lxlGiftedlxl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Snyder on Detective would be great.

Hoping for another Batman and Robin book by Tomasi and Gleason.

I am concerned about who takes over Batman's main book. Hopefully not Johns.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Johns will take a shot at Batman one day or another. Ever since it was rumoured he was going to co-write the screen play for the next Batman movie I have been bracing myself for the possibility. If Batman does go bi-weekly then they're gonna need one big name. So someone like King/Seeley/Tomasi and Johns could easily be the next creative team,him and Snyder are the only 2 big writers at DC unless they snatch a Marvel writer/outsider or bring Morrison back.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#30  Edited By Lvenger

I really hope King and Seeley aren't leaving Grayson for good or that they might be writing a Nightwing book after DC's Rebirth because otherwise I don't think I want to read Grayson without such a superb creative team. When it was announced Dick Grayson would be a super spy, it was met with the usual cynicism and scrutiny from comic book fans and I was among them. There could have been problems, tropes or poor choices made from other writers if they were writing Grayson. And though there are changes and alterations I dislike to this day, Grayson was no longer one of them. It's not just disliking change or Dick being kept away from the superhero spotlight that form my opinion here, it's that King, Seeley and Janin were pretty much the best creators to write this series. It would take much luck for subsequent creative teams to match what King, Seeley and Janin have done setting the bar so high on Grayson.

lamdaddy20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Don't want Batman going bi-weekly, that would likely mess up the quality. Definitely want Scott off Batman, though. He's a great writer and I'd love to have him on Detective, but I think someone else should helm the main title, as he's been on for over four years. Tom King would be a great choice, but I think he'd be perfect for the main Green Lantern title.

If Johns went on Batman I think i'd throw up...I'm still thinking about how I was really enjoying GL: Rebirth before Johns put Batman in. He was so badly characterized I almost just stopped reading.

They should just bring Morrison back.

TheExile285

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 4

I just want to see Grayson and Gothamy Academy return. And Robin: Son of Batman with Gleason as Writer.

Avatar image for deactivated-57dd84d2af8d3
    deactivated-57dd84d2af8d3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lamdaddy20 said:

They should just bring Morrison back.

Morrison's Batman is my absolute favorite, but he really doesn't need to return. Six years is a long time and he said what he needed to say. He will be returning with Black & White, though, which I'm extremely excited about.

I honestly think they should take a gamble with a new creative team that's not currently working on any Batman title at the moment. Or Tomasi.

Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Johns will take a shot at Batman one day or another. Ever since it was rumoured he was going to co-write the screen play for the next Batman movie I have been bracing myself for the possibility. If Batman does go bi-weekly then they're gonna need one big name. So someone like King/Seeley/Tomasi and Johns could easily be the next creative team,him and Snyder are the only 2 big writers at DC unless they snatch a Marvel writer/outsider or bring Morrison back.

Morrison needs to do something new, like fixing the train wreck that it is the New 52 Teen Titans.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@entropy_aegis said:

Morrison needs to do something new, like fixing the train wreck that it is the New 52 Teen Titans.

But Lobdell needs work too...

Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@entropy_aegis said:
    @nathaniel_christopher said:
    @entropy_aegis said:

But Lobdell needs work too...

SMH he needs to be given a franchise that fans don't care about. To have one of the worst received runs ever on the Teen Titans, leave the book, and then get put back on it just blows my mind. This is a franchise that was once one of the best selling properties at DC, with adaptations in other media still drawing from that era today. But let's trust the guy that's already proven he doesn't have what it takes lol terrible, just terrible.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous said:

Yes a Dark Universe book by Tynion was on the cards but he got Constantine instead. Heh it's DC,I'm still waiting for Frank Miller and Kevin Smith to finish their goddamn stories. There was also a Marc Silvestri Batman book that was supposed to come out at the same time but never did.

Isn't there a rumor that he'll have involvement in Batman Rebirth? He Batman book was supposed to come after Convergence IIRC so maybe DC planned this a long time before. IDK.

I don't want Johns as a Batman writer, besides he's already doing the Earth One series and I hope the Batman movie rumor is just a false rumor. I would love to have Morrison back in Batman but I don't think he's interested. Btw what Marvel writer do you want on Batman? I don't know much about Marvel writers or artists.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy said:
    @entropy_aegis said:
    @jonny_anonymous said:

Isn't there a rumor that he'll have involvement in Batman Rebirth? He Batman book was supposed to come after Convergence IIRC so maybe DC planned this a long time before. IDK.

@entropy_aegis said:

I don't want Johns as a Batman writer, besides he's already doing the Earth One series and I hope the Batman movie rumor is just a false rumor. I would love to have Morrison back in Batman but I don't think he's interested. Btw what Marvel writer do you want on Batman? I don't know much about Marvel writers or artists.

I already hate Rebirth,it's f*cked over Grayson and Son of Batman which are my favourite Batman line books.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/01/29/ch-ch-changes-king-and-seeley-leave-grayson-earlier-than-planned/

It's completely sabotaged Grayson and I literally cannot tell what's happening in SOB,that book is heading towards disasterville if DC keeps this up. Simple announcements can go a long way to clear all this up. Dumbass Comics at their finest,fire Didio and Harras I say.

Silvertri thing is still an unconfirmed rumour,the other rumours have some credibility but this just seems off.

I dont want Johns either but a bi-weekly needs a big time writer even if he's just co-piloting. His influence though shouldn't affect the output if people like Tomasi or King are involved.

As for Marvel,I'm not sure. Hickman is a high concept ,take things in a different direction guy so I wouldn't mind him as long as doesn't get too carried away. Maybe him or Fraction(neither are Marvel exclusive from what I know).

lxlGiftedlxl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy said:
    @entropy_aegis said:
    @jonny_anonymous said:

@entropy_aegis said:

Man that would suck if Johns took over Batman. But like entrophy said I have been bracing my self, because you never know Johns would have plenty of time to write a main Batman story since his Earth One book comes out once a year.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I already hate Rebirth,it's f*cked over Grayson and Son of Batman which are my favourite Batman line books.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/01/29/ch-ch-changes-king-and-seeley-leave-grayson-earlier-than-planned/

It's completely sabotaged Grayson and I literally cannot tell what's happening in SOB,that book is heading towards disasterville if DC keeps this up. Simple announcements can go a long way to clear all this up. Dumbass Comics at their finest,fire Didio and Harras I say.

Silvertri thing is still an unconfirmed rumour,the other rumours have some credibility but this just seems off.

I dont want Johns either but a bi-weekly needs a big time writer even if he's just co-piloting. His influence though shouldn't affect the output if people like Tomasi or King are involved.

As for Marvel,I'm not sure. Hickman is a high concept ,take things in a different direction guy so I wouldn't mind him as long as doesn't get too carried away. Maybe him or Fraction(neither are Marvel exclusive from what I know).

That sucks, I was enjoying SOB a lot, it's the only comic book I'm reading currently. What is this Rebirth suppose to be anyway? It doesn't look like a reboot.

Man that would suck if Johns took over Batman. But like entrophy said I have been bracing my self, because you never know Johns would have plenty of time to write a main Batman story since his Earth One book comes out once a year.

Yeah but he's also busy with Justice League and wasn't he supposed to take over Aquaman too?

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By entropy_aegis

@rustyroy: People are speculating that it's a return of the Pre-Flashpoint universe with the stuff that the new-52 did right. As for Grayson I'm pissed that all this had to happen when the book was finally going for the payoff that we've been waiting for the last 1.5 years.

SOB just makes my head spin,by June the filler and actual story will be more or less equal. This book is young and has yet to firmly entrench itself for these type of shenanigans. I just hope they too get relaunches with Rebirth but with proper planning.

These are surest ways of destroying long term fan bases.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@entropy_aegis: As much as I love the Pre Flashpoint universe, I don't think those speculations about its return will turn out true and even if they did, I admit it wouldn't solve DC's problems no matter how preferable the universe and characters may be to the current universe. Outside of the end of Heroes Reborn, no company has ever gone backwards in a reboot/revamp. I'm also afraid Rebirth will damage the current fanbase too, both the older and new fans stand to lose out if DC screws its Rebirth up. Its effect on Grayson also sucks, the story looks interrupted from the timing.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

@entropy_aegis: As much as I love the Pre Flashpoint universe, I don't think those speculations about its return will turn out true and even if they did, I admit it wouldn't solve DC's problems no matter how preferable the universe and characters may be to the current universe. Outside of the end of Heroes Reborn, no company has ever gone backwards in a reboot/revamp. I'm also afraid Rebirth will damage the current fanbase too, both the older and new fans stand to lose out if DC screws its Rebirth up. Its effect on Grayson also sucks, the story looks interrupted from the timing.

It's wishful thinking sure but this company is seriously desperate as well. Nothing would surprise me at all,I think they'll just go with a composite universe of some sort.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@entropy_aegis: A composite Pre/New 52 universe? Ooooh that could be very messy.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

@entropy_aegis: A composite Pre/New 52 universe? Ooooh that could be very messy.

I'm just waiting for the comic apocalypse at this point,there was another report that blasts both Marvel and DC for these pathetic tactics.

kcomicfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#46  Edited By kcomicfan
    • I want Dick,Jason,Tim and Cassandra to be key parts of the Batman book.
    • I don't want the Batman book to be permanently Bi-Weekly.
    • I want Snyder and Capullo to return to the main Batman book eventually.
    TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

I'm not liking the idea of Batman becoming a bi-weekly book and most of the creative shifts that may be happening.

lxlGiftedlxl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By lxlGiftedlxl

@rustyroy: True Johns is busy with JL and his Earth One book, thats good to hear less chances of him taking over Batman. And yeah I forgot about hearing he was going to return to Aquaman, that would be great. I hear he wants to tell his legend of the seven sea epic or something like that which will be great for Aquaman and keeps him away from Batman.

arkhamace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I seriously don't know. The detective comics trade comes in august and by then there will be many new information so its rather batman more important for me. I really don't care because batman and detective comics will always be better than 99% of the other comics. DC has shown with robin war and batman & robin eternal and batman eternal that the batman specials are no match for the 2 main books.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

I'm just waiting for the comic apocalypse at this point,there was another report that blasts both Marvel and DC for these pathetic tactics.

Is that the one on Bleeding Cool you're speaking of where retailers say that sales for DC and Marvel Comics are dropping faster than they've done in years? It is only selective reports from these retailers admittedly but they do show a definite downside to this corporate marketing strategy relied upon by the Big Two in selling their comics monthly.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.