Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23651 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Batman Rebirth discussion thread

kcomicfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By kcomicfan

Batman by Tom King, David Finch and Jordie Bellaire (promo art features Jim Gordon with a mustache)

Detective Comics by James Tynion IV, Eddy Barrows and Alvaro Martinez (featuring Batman, Batwoman, Tim Drake, Spoiler, Cassandra Cain, and Clayface)

Nightwing by Tim Seeley, Javi Fernandez and Marcus To (featuring Nightwing in the classic "black and blue" costume)

Batgirl and the Birds of Prey by Julie Benson, Shawna Benson, and Claire Roe (team will feature Black Canary and the Huntress)

Batgirl by Hope Larson and Rafael Albuquerque. (Initial arc will feature Batgirl leaving Burnside and going on a training mission/backpacking trip)

All-Star Batman by Scott Snyder, John Romita Jr., Jock, and Sean Murphy. Paul Pope and Tula Lotay were also teased as guest artists.

Red Hood and the Outlaws by Scott Lobdell and Dexter Soy.

Batman Beyond by Dan Jurgens and Bernard Chang, featuring the return of Terry McGuinness.

Trinity by Francis Manapul and Clay Mann

Justice League by Bryan Hitch, Tony Daniel, Fernando Pasarin. Book will feature Green Lanterns Simon Baz and Jessica Cruz as well as Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, the Flash and Cyborg.

Super Sons (no creative team announced) featuring Damian Wayne and Jonathan Kent

kcomicfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By kcomicfan

I am going to read Batman, Detective Comics, All-Star Batman and Trinity. I wanted Tynion IV to write the main Batman book, but I definitely don't mind him writing Detective Comics.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

Batman

Nightwing

Batgirl and BOP,I'll give them both a shot but I only see reading BOP in the longer run compared to Batgirl

All-Star Batman,but the moment Joker shows up I'm bailing fast

Detective will get a few issues from me before I decide, if Tynion resorts to Tynionisms and Harper wank I'll never touch any Batbook he writes ever again

Pass on Batman Beyond and Red Hood(lol Bizarro hahaha)

TheExile285

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 4

Excited for Detective Comics (never thought I'd say that), Nightwing (yay, more Dick Grayson goodness from Seely), Batman Beyond (Terry's back, **** YEAH!) and Batgirl.

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Black_Arrow

I really like most of the books of the Batfamily, Detective and Nightwings might be highlights for me. I will see Batman by Tom King if it's good.

Detective comics now reminds of me of Batman in the early 2000s (one of my favorite stages of Batman). It's cool to see those characters back.

wrucebayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By wrucebayne

Nightwing

Batman

All Star Batman - I've been wanting Romita Jr on Batman for a while.

I may get Detective Comics and Birds of Prey in trade.

Bat_Girl_CC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Detective Comics! with Batman, Cassandra Cain, Tim Drake, and Stephanie Brown, as a team!? wow!

The good old days are back!

Finally! some goodness since Flashpoint!

Batwoman is the wild-card of the team for me, but i couldn't be more excited.

Tynion IV is a great choice to write this book, as he hes the guy that better understands all of this characters.

Bat_Girl_CC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Bat_Girl_CC

Batman

Nightwing

Batgirl and BOP,I'll give them both a shot but I only see reading BOP in the longer run compared to Batgirl

All-Star Batman,but the moment Joker shows up I'm bailing fast

Detective will get a few issues from me before I decide, if Tynion resorts to Tynionisms and Harper wank I'll never touch any Batbook he writes ever again

It looks like Harper won't even be appart of the team...i guess that she, cullen, and Duke, will be all featured on Scott Snyders "All-star-Batman"...as for Red Hood, lol, as a bat-fan i appreciate DC be trying with Jason, but he already failled twice and now they will "rebirth him" and put Lobdell on it? seriously? are they really trying with Jason? or its just a excuse to give Lobdell something to do, so he can keep the job?

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
    deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I'll try them.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

I'm excited to finally see Terry return in Batman Beyond, though I do hope it's set in a new alternate future and not the one Future's End Tim Drake currently is in.

lxlGiftedlxl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ill give them a shot but Im not overly excited for them.

Detective Comics! with Batman, Cassandra Cain, Tim Drake, and Stephanie Brown, as a team!? wow!

The good old days are back!

Finally! some goodness since Flashpoint!

Batwoman is the wild-card of the team for me, but i couldn't be more excited.

Tynion IV is a great choice to write this book, as he hes the guy that better understands all of this characters.

Hmm Detective might be good, but I was hoping for more solo Batman detective stories.

Batman

Nightwing

All-Star Batman, but the moment Joker shows up I'm bailing fast

Lolz, but Snyder has to use joker some way. Also no Supersons for you Entropy, I think Damian and Jonathan would be awesome.

pcris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In this moment Batman and Nightwing.

Give a chance to Batgirl, BOP, and All-Star Batman.

Completely pass about Detective, Batman Beyond, and Red Hood.

Avatar image for theheaven_guardian10
    TheHeaven_Guardian10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So Tim and Cass are set to appear in Detective?

Avatar image for nathaniel_christopher
    Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Glad to see that Batman Beyond is getting back on track with Terry's return. I'm all for trying new things, but there's doing something that could realistically work and something that's too far of a stretch to expect people to swallow and replacing Terry with Future Tim was the latter.

Interested to see what happens over in Detective Comics, specifically with Tim and Cassandra. Both are characters that could use some real focus and development, Tim especially seeing as he's been off track since the reboot.

Still boggles my mind that they're keeping Lobdell on Outlaws. And now they're placing Bizarro on the team? LMFAO seems like they might've just given up and don't even care anymore.

Glad to see that Snyder's done with Batman and interested to see what the new run holds. I do wonder what All Star Batman will feature though. Won't be surprised if it's Harper and/or Duke teaming up with Bruce, because Snyder loves his pets after all.

Bat_Girl_CC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So Tim and Cass are set to appear in Detective?

Yup, they are part of the main cast for the series in the future, the team is/will be, Batman, Batwoman, Tim Drake, Cassandra Cain and Stephanie Brown.

Bat_Girl_CC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol, at the people hoping for Tom King on the main Batman title, so they could see less Duke and more Damian...as it turns out, Duke is on the cover and Damian isn't.

Not that i'm a fan of Duke, i actually like Damian way more...its just that people criticized Snyder for this, and it seems like King will do the same.

pcris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bat_girl_cc:

In this rebirth, Damian has get the short strew.

More horrible seems to me him in the teen titans with Dick's team.

Alexander505

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Curious to see how they will use Cassandra Cain. Really hyped about this rebirth, and I can't wait to see this "new" Batman, more powerful and tougher then ever (Snyder words).

ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By ZariusII

Reading 'Tective, most of my favourites are in there, plus Clayface, who deserves the attention.

Probably will give Titans a skip, especially if Damian has aspirations of leadership. Starfire should lead them...have they changed Raven to a redhead? Hopefully they start 'ship-teasing her and Gar again since they're practically an item on TT GO!

Great that Terry's back, but not so keen on Jurgens writing the book...we need the younger guys on a younger Batman...not to sound like an ageist or anything, 'cause I like Jurgens.

Avatar image for theheaven_guardian10
    TheHeaven_Guardian10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alex_1333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's lit!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.