Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23651 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Batman group October 2016 solicits

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

So solicits are out early, I'll also post Titans, Teen Titans, JL etc because they have Batman/Batman characters in them. Be warned MASSIVE Nightwing SPOILERS ahead.

Solicits

I'll post the text here, miniature covers are no good here and full covers will eat too much space so they are better off being viewed in their place.

BATMAN BEYOND #1

AUG160177

(W) Jurgens (A) Bernard Chang (CA) Ryan Sook (CA) Martin Ansin (CA) Blank

“THE RETURN” part one! Terry McGinnis is back as Batman, much to the delight of his family and friends. But is the original Joker really back as well? Inspired by the possible return of their role model, the Jokerz have taken over an entire section of Gotham City and are determined to wreak havoc in the still-rebuilding city. While Batman battles chaos on the streets, his friend Dana is at the mercy of the new leader of the now-unified gang.

In Shops: Oct 26, 2016

SRP: $2.99

TEEN TITANS #1

AUG160180

(W) Percy (A/CA) Jonboy Meyers (CA) Chris Burnham

“Damian Knows Best” part one! Now that Damian has “summoned” the Teen Titans, the tyrannical teen reveals his master plan! But a great evil from Damian’s past is lurking around the corner, ready to strike at the team’s newest leader and destroy the new Teen Titans before they even begin!

ALL STAR BATMAN #3

AUG160186

(W) Snyder (A) Declan Shalvey (A/CA) John Romita, Danny Miki (CA) Jock (A/CA) Declan Shalvey

“MY OWN WORST ENEMY” part three! Now on the run from both bounty hunters and cops, Batman and Duke must find a safe place to hide out with Two-Face before they can continue their journey to the cure. Batman might soon realize his worst nightmare: that Two-Face is right…and nowhere is safe.

In Shops: Oct 19, 2016

SRP: $4.99

BATGIRL #4

AUG160193

(W) Larson (A/CA) Rafael Albuquerque (CA) Francis Manapul

“Beyond Burnside” part four! Batgirl realizes too late that she’s fallen right into Teacher’s trap! If she’s going to get to Shanghai in time to save Kai, she’ll have to track down this mysterious new villain and end things once and for all.

BATGIRL AND THE BIRDS OF PREY #3

AUG160195

(W) Benson, Benson (A) Claire Roe (CA) Yanick Paquette (CA) Karmome Shirahama

“WHO IS ORACLE?” part four! The dangerous new Oracle is finding that Gotham’s mobs aren’t up to the task of keeping the Birds of Prey off the scent…so send in the Snakes! Copperhead, The Asp, Cottonmouth, and Lady Viper are the most venomous foes the Birds have ever faced!

In Shops: Oct 12, 2016

BATMAN #8

AUG160197

(W) King, Orlando (A) Riley Rossmo (CA) Yanick Paquette (CA) Tim Sale

“NIGHT OF THE MONSTER MEN” part four! The giant monsters might be bad, but Gotham’s heroes encounter a whole new threat level when two of their own start terrorizing the city! Batman must face the horrifying possibility of losing two of his closest allies to Hugo Strange’s vicious attack.

In Shops: Oct 05, 2016

NIGHTWING #6

AUG160199

(W) Seeley, Orlando (A) Roge Antonia (CA) Yanick Paquette (CA) Ivan Reis, Joe Prado

“NIGHT OF THE MONSTER MEN” part five! The hunt for Hugo Strange rages onward as the

Manipulator rises and uses the citizens of Gotham City to shield itself from the Bat-Family. All while the monstrous version of Nightwing looms over Gotham City.

DETECTIVE COMICS #942

AUG160201

(W) TynionIV, Orlando (A) Andy MacDonald (CA) Yanick Paquette (CA) Rafael Albuquerque

“NIGHT OF THE MONSTER MEN” part six! The earth-shaking finale is here! Batman’s going one-on-one with Hugo Strange, the mastermind behind the beasts unleashed on Gotham…but the biggest and most dangerous of all the monsters was saved for last! What will the Bat-Family have to sacrifice to bring it down? And what’s the strange secret behind Hugo’s design?

BATMAN #9

AUG160203

(W) King (A/CA) Mikel Janin (CA) Tim Sale

“I Am Suicide” part one! Batman has always been crazy…but this? This is suicide! In order to retrieve Psycho-Pirate and save Gotham Girl, Batman must recruit a team from Amanda Waller to break into the most impenetrable prison in the world and steal from one of the Dark Knight’s greatest foes…Bane. The next great Batman story begins here!

DETECTIVE COMICS #943

AUG160205

(W) TynionIV (A) Alvaro Martinez, Raul Fernandez (CA) Jason Fabok (CA) Rafael Albuquerque

“THE VICTIM SYNDICATE” part one! Batman can’t save everyone-innocent people sometimes fall in the war against evil that he’s declared in Gotham. But what happens when those victims start to fight back…and they don’t only blame the criminals who shattered their lives? Batman’s never faced an enemy like this, and his team may find themselves questioning everything they know about what heroes do!

NIGHTWING #7

AUG160207

(W) Seeley (A/CA) Javi Fernandez (CA) Ivan Reis, Joe Prado

“RISE OF RAPTOR” part one! The Parliament of Owls wasn’t brought to justice like Raptor promised Nightwing-it was eliminated! Raptor’s methods have crossed the line and Nightwing goes to apprehend him. Upon his arrival he discovers Raptor’s true intentions and obsessions…

DEATHSTROKE #4

AUG160215

(W) Priest (A) Joe Bennett, Mark Morales (CA) Aco (CA) Shane Davis

“The Professional” part four! After an attempt on The Ravager’s life, Slade Wilson and his daughter head to Gotham City in an attempt to track down Rose’s would-be assassin.

DEATHSTROKE #5

AUG160217

(W) Priest (A) Joe Bennett, Mark Morales (CA) Aco (CA) Shane Davis

“The Professional” part five! After Slade kidnaps Damian and leaves Rose in the care of Batman, the World’s Greatest Assassin and the World’s Greatest Detective trade partners in a battle of wills!

HARLEY QUINN #5

AUG160235

(W) Conner, Palmiotti (A) John Timms (CA) Amanda Conner (CA) Bill Sienkiewicz

“EAT TO THIS BEAT” part one! There’s been a string of brutal robberies and slayings up and down the East Coast, and the assailants are…knights on horseback?! Harley’s got a lead on the men behind the iron masks, but to find them she’s going to have to go undercover in the strangest place of all…New York’s punk scene!

HARLEY QUINN #6

AUG160237

(W) Conner, Palmiotti (A) John Timms (CA) Amanda Conner (CA) Bill Sienkiewicz

“EAT TO THIS BEAT” part two! Harley’s carving her way through the rock underground of New York City, looking for the brutal criminals who hurt someone she cared about…unfortunately for Harley, one of the crooks in question has fallen in mad love with her.

TITANS #4

AUG160261

(W) Abnett (A/CA) Brett Booth, Norm Rapmund (CA) Mike Choi

“The return of Wally West” part four! Wally receives an impossible choice from Linda’s kidnapper: save the Titans…or lose the love of his life forever!

TRINITY #2

AUG160263

(W) Manapul (A/CA) Francis Manapul (CA) Frank Cho

“BETTER TOGETHER” part two! Superman, Wonder Woman and Batman have uncovered a window into their very souls: and the power of temptation proves to be stronger than any villain they could battle! The bonds of friendship and trust between the most formidable heroes on the planet will be tested to their breaking point, with the lives of innocents hanging in the balance!

RED HOOD AND THE OUTLAWS #3

AUG160247

(W) Lobdell (A) Dexter Soy (CA) Giuseppe Camuncoli, Cam Smith (CA) Matteo Scalera

“Dark Trinity” part three! Red Hood and Artemis set aside their differences when they discover the powerful weapon that Black Mask has been after: a fully-formed clone of Superman! But what should they do with it? They can’t possibly let something this powerful fall into the hands of the nefarious Black Mask, and perhaps if they play their cards right, he could become a powerful ally…but is the risk worth the reward?

DARK KNIGHT III MASTER RACE #7

AUG160281

(W) Miller, Azzarello (A) Klaus Janson, Frank Miller (A/CA) Andy Kubert (CA) Chris Burnham (CA) Klaus Janson (CA) Walter Simonson (CA) Frank Miller (CA) Jim Lee, Scott Williams(CA) Jim Lee

Batman and Superman are back together again-but is their reunion too late?

SRP: $5.99

GOTHAM ACADEMY SECOND SEMESTER #2

AUG160292

(W) Fletcher, Cloonan, Kerschl (A) Adam Archer, Sandra Hope (CA) Karl Kerschl

Despite Olive’s new friendship with the rebellious Amy, she, Maps, Kyle, Colton and Pomeline are back together at last. The only thing they’re missing…is a mystery! Maps campaigns to recruit new cases, but stumbles on a threat that might be too big for even the Detective Club.

HARLEYS LITTLE BLACK BOOK #6

AUG160293

(W) Conner, Palmiotti (A) Simon Bisley (CA) Amanda Conner (CA) Simon Bisley

Lobo’s back! The Main Man and Harley Quinn have a lot in common-motorcycles and mayhem, for starters-so it’s long past time they found each other! This could be the start of a fraggin’ beautiful friendship…or they could destroy the planet. Or both! It can be two things!

BATMAN 66 MEETS STEED AND MRS PEEL #4

AUG160295

(W) Edginton (A) Matthew Dow Smith (CA) Michael Allred

An army of robots has found the Batcave-and if Batman’s anti-oil spray runs out, our heroes will have to rely on a more dangerous solution to the problem! Bruce Wayne pays a call on Miss Michaela Gough, but it’s up to Robin, Steed, and Peel to save him when she orders the Cybernauts to clean up this loose end. Co-published with BOOM! Studios.

SUICIDE SQUAD MOST WANTED #3

AUG160300

(W) Nitz, Sebela (A) Cliff Richards, Brian Level (CA) Mike Huddleston

The new miniseries continues with Killer Croc! Double-crossed by his friends, El Diablo is saved from capture by the mysterious heroine known as Azucar, who convinces the skeptical Chato Santana to accompany her to Gotham City to unravel the mystery that has put him in the crosshairs of both Checkmate and the Suicide Squad. But can they survive against those two super-teams as well as Gotham City’s greatest villains and its most

notorious hero? And in the first chapter of a two-part Killer Croc tale written by Chris Sebela (alumnus of DC’s Writers Workshop program), Croc takes off on a solo mission to an island inhabited by mindless monsters, which makes him the brainiest of the bunch! But can he find the line between humanity and monstrosity before all-out war erupts?

and why not? it wont be proper without gay Batman.

MIDNIGHTER AND APOLLO #1

AUG160274

(W) Orlando (A) Fernando Blanco (CA) Aco (CA) Howard Porter

You wanted it? You got it-six more issues of Midnighter madness! Together again after too long apart, Midnighter and Apollo take on subway pirates in Los Angeles and demons in Opal City…but their reunion is about to take a shocking turn and send them both on an epic journey beyond all belief!

SRP: $3.99

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By entropy_aegis

So Bane is the next villain of King's Batman, cool but I hope he gets an arc and not a one and done.

KGBeast is in All-Star Batman.

Seeley really hates the Court of Owls LOL. Raptor though has my respect already, kill em Rap kill em to death.

Damian, Deathstroke, Rose and Batman in one comic reeks of pure awesomeness.

Croc's story in Suicide Squad sounds hilarious.

Master Race sounds meh and meh is what the series has been for now.

Terry's back but another Joker is alive tease? ugh Jurgens come on.

Birds of Prey sounds good, snakes vs birds has a better ring to it than bats vs owls already, I really want this book to do well. Also looks the Bensen sisters will be using the original Copperhead and not the female version.

I hope Trinity doesn't end up becoming a love triangle book.

Fingers crossed Percy's Teen Titans gets the same response as his GA run but I'm not too optimistic. I hope he doesn't mess up Damian and Ra's.

Still no Super Sons.

Overall the Batman line up finally looks exciting.

TheExile285

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 4

Lots of good stuff. I won't feel bad about skipping DC and Nightwing the first part of the month because of the event.

So glad Terry is back for Batman Beyond. Batgirl continues to sound great.

Titans will most likely be great. Hopefully Teen Titans is good.

Sounds like Adam Archer and Sandra Hope are gonna be the regular artist for Gotham Academy. I like Archer so that works for me.

Trinity sounds interesting.

Second October issue of Nightwing sounds good. Detective Comics #943 only mentions Batman.... =/

I wonder when Power Girl will be appearing in the main Harley comic. Lobo and Harley in Little Black Book together? Oh dear...

Funrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

These Bat-books are in really good hands. Except for maybe Red Hood?

Rurgandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@funrush: That's been the case for the past couple of years.

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Black_Arrow

WOW, this is really awesome. So is the Gotham guy going to die? All of the previews only mention Gotham Girl (possible romantic interest for Batman maybe?). I love the villains they are using Bane Hugo Strange KGbeast.

Caivu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Monster Men still sounds incredibly fun. Bring on monster Nightwing and kaiju Batwoman!

belrev516

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theexile285: Don't worry about it. The solicit mentioned the team, so Tim, Kate, Clay, Cass, and Steph will be present.

-----

Most excited for Batman #9.

Glad to know that GG is still alive. But Gotham(the guy)...

#Heded.

Epyon007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So psycho pirate and Gotham girl? I am loving these names! XD

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WOW, this is really awesome. So is the Gotham guy going to die? All of the previews only mention Gotham Girl (possible romantic interest for Batman maybe?). I love the villains they are using Bane Hugo Strange KGbeast.

Yeah I have been getting the same vibe off Gotham and Gotham Girl. Wouldn't mind her as a love interest, beats being a sidekick/intern/whatever Harper and Duke are supposed to be. I'm sure King realizes giving Batman another Robin or Batgirl lite isn't the best way to go.

@rurgandy said:

@funrush: That's been the case for the past couple of years.

Do you think Jason gets paired with Lobdell because it's the only good option? I mean think about it Jones, Morrison,Daniel, King, Tynion, Kelly & Lanzing and Tomasi have all been criticized for their work on Jason Todd almost unanimously by Jason's fans. I think he's just scared away the creators other than Lobdell and Winick both of whom are conversely more irritating for the rest of the fans, it's one hell of a divide.

Epyon007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wonder if they will keep on using the part 1, part 2 connotation. It makes it easier to figure out where stories begin and end which is kind of a nice touch.

Rurgandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@entropy_aegis: Jason gets paired with Lobdell because DC doesn't expect to get much out of his title outside of middling sales. Every character has its whiny, possessive fanbase. There are plenty who would love to see King or Lanzing/Kelly or Tomasi take a crack at Jason, but you won't see that here, because the Jason Todd forum here is a Lobdell circlejerk. DC had its chance to make Red Hood a mid-to-high level seller when it was launched with the New 52, just a year after the movie, but Lobdell damaged the brand badly with his run. The fact that it's under Eddie Berganza's editorial group doesn't help, either.

belrev516

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

On the subject of GG possibly becoming Bruce's romantic interest, I would love for that to happen.

I read an article published on June 14th, and Tom King said that he will give Bruce Wayne 'what he deserves'.

Maybe that something is you know, a love interest who actually doesn't give him a headache and isn't an enemy?

jb681131

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

On the subject of GG possibly becoming Bruce's romantic interest, I would love for that to happen.

I read an article published on June 14th, and Tom King said that he will give Bruce Wayne 'what he deserves'.

Maybe that something is you know, a love interest who actually doesn't give him a headache and isn't an enemy?

That's not what he needs, in my opinion.

belrev516

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By belrev516

Just an option. What I'm curious about is who Bruce chooses for the team.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hmmm I just realized that at no point in history have Ra's,Bane,Hugo,Two-Face,Croc,Harley,Black Mask, Court/Parliament of Owls etc have all been utilized simultaneously across books. By this time next year Shiva,Ivy,Catwoman,Freeze and Penguin will also have been used by the authors.

Anyone close to King on twitter? I'd be interested to hear how he plans to characteriza Hugo and Bane, cant believe interviewers never ask something like that.

adrikito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By adrikito
    • Batman Beyond... TERRY is here... Is a GREAT BATMAN.
    • Teen Titans.. or DAMIAN TITANS. hahaha
    • All Star Batman.. Good Luck
    • MONSTER MEN.. I need see this... too exaggerated for batman?
    • Batman 9... GOTHAM GIRL? I thought these 2 had disappeared characters of one saga,Gotham must die or resign...The only Gotham in existence should be Gotham City.. We need BANE, like in Forever Evil.
    • Detective Comics.. Cass is in the cover... I hope see again the batman team of the first numbers..
    • Deathstroke.. Slade and Damian AGAIN... HAHAHA.. And Rose is here.
    • Nightwing 7... Well, we return with the parliament of Owls..
    • Red Hood... Hm... This bizarro belongs to Black Mask, a fully-formed Bizarro?
    • DARK KNIGHT III: A great Batman and a great SUPERMAN
    • GOTHAM ACADEMY: Olive continue with bad influences, but Maps is here.

I'm happy for the fans of Midnighter.. He is of Wildstorm and now of the Batman World.. I have never heard any negative comment, the character is in good hands..

OrangeBat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@belrev516: Gotham Girl strikes me as being kinda young much like Supergirl. It would be, suffice to say, weird as hell.

belrev516

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@OrangeBat: O yeah, there is that. I just hope for anything other than her becoming another Robin or Batgirl character. Anything but that.

road_warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Most excited for batman beyond

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.