Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23647 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Batman (Bruce Wayne)

untammed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By untammed

Alright I am very confused with DC and batman. Can someone please bring me up to speed with batmans death and why is Dick Grayson the batman , I thought I knew why but then I got really confused. Did Darksied kill him or was it some other time or is he even dead? I dont know can someone help me out here

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By _Zombie_

Possible spoilers:

Darkseid hit him with the omega effect, which sent Bruce back in time, leaving Gotham without a Batman. Throughout the series of Battle for The Cowl, Dick struggles with deciding to become Batman in Bruce's absence. Eventually he decides to do it and takes Damian as his Robin.

But as per the New 52 reboot, it's not really certain if it's still in continuity or not. Hope this helped.

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Jnr6Lil

@ZombieBigfoot said:

Possible spoilers:

Darkseid hit him with the omega effect, which sent Bruce back in time, leaving Gotham without a Batman. Throughout the series of Battle for The Cowl, Dick struggles with deciding to become Batman in Bruce's absence. Eventually he decides to do it and takes Damian as his Robin.

But as per the New 52 reboot, it's not really certain if it's still in continuity or not. Hope this helped.

And then Batman returned and formed Batman, Inc. a world wide organization of Batmen in every country, Bruce Wayne took over as the Bat-General being the leading Batman of the World, then left Dick to be Batman in Gotham, When Flashpoint ends, Bruce is now the Batman of Gotham (still head of Batman, Inc) and Dick has returned as Nightwing

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#4  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
    @ZombieBigfoot said:

Possible spoilers:

Far as I know, the Batman and Green Lantern stuff are still canon. Superman and Wonder Woman... not so much.
    _Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By _Zombie_

@JediXMan said:

@ZombieBigfoot said:

Possible spoilers:

Far as I know, the Batman and Green Lantern stuff are still canon. Superman and Wonder Woman... not so much.

Ah, good. Battle for The Cowl is one of my favorite Batman events.

untammed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By untammed

awesome thanks everybody for that awesome information

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.