Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23651 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Batman and Robin Eternal #9 Spoiler Discussion

Avatar image for gustavoburciaga1
    GustavoBurciaga1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

User Lists: 0

Well let's just put it out there how does everyone feel about the Angel of Death Azrael being back into current continuity?! I for one am pretty excited to see where this will lead to.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

The last page did make me smile however I question the need for bringing the character back,I dont think there's any popular demand and tossing him aside after one storyline would be a disservice. Cass fans were at least campaigning for their character to return for years. Him,Cass and Steph together should be entertaining though,Cass did work well with these two and hopefully DC has a book planned with these 3 and another character maybe.

Avatar image for nathaniel_christopher
    Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Well we apparantly have space for Harper and she's pointless, so why not Azrael too? I will say that's its kind of nice to have him reintroduced in the same comic Bane is appearing in, with them having the shared history of Knightfall in the old continuity.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 15

I miss Michael Lane :(

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By entropy_aegis

Eternal is feeling more and more like a get together party,Bane and Az just got their invitations in this issue. Now Damian needs to get his and Bruce needs to stop fooling around.

Azrael_Online

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

The last page did make me smile however I question the need for bringing the character back,I dont think there's any popular demand and tossing him aside after one storyline would be a disservice. Cass fans were at least campaigning for their character to return for years. Him,Cass and Steph together should be entertaining though,Cass did work well with these two and hopefully DC has a book planned with these 3 and another character maybe.

My guess is that 1. They're finally paying Joe Quesada royalties to use the character again. 2. They've been slowly introducing The Order of St. Dumas into the Gotham tv show so they're probably hoping to piggyback fans from the show into the character, however the Azrael character in general is introduced (the show should be his father, Ludovac, since JPV is just a few years younger than Grayson is). Pre-Flashpoint Jean-Paul did have a nice friendly relationship with Cass, even spending the holidays together. That would actually be cool to see Jean-Paul in a book with Cass.

I'm very curious to see exactly HOW they are going to worm on the background though. Pre-Flashpoint Tim helped train Jean-Paul, and here he has no clue who he is, yet Jean-Paul admits that he met Jason before 'in the afterlife.' This means that either his death is cannon from the last issue of his solo series, or he's just died before. The whole New 52 is just kind of a mess in general.

Bat_Girl_CC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

I'm so hyped now! i mean, this series its defnitely the place to be! Azrael and Cass returning, plus The Mother, so many awesome things going on, and that are truly game changing, just awesome.

Hope thet get JPV right.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.