Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23645 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

BabyDoll

Jakesully1981

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Jakesully1981

Who else thinks she is such a tragic villain? a tall woman trapped in a short body forever.

But who thinks she is a worse short DC villain than Big-Figure from Watchmen? and does anyone thinks she is quite similar to Darla Dimple from Cats Don't Dance?

I do remembered watching Cats Don't Dance on HBO when i was 16 back in late 97 and enjoyed it but couldn't help but think Darla is obviously similar in design/attitude to BabyDoll from Batman TAS and even has another similarity which is a tough sidekick only this time it's a large as hell person who looks like a cross between Garth the ApeMan, Lurch and Mr. X from Resident Evil 2 instead of some glasses wearing kung fu broad

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By cattlebattle

They (Darla Dimple and Baby Doll) were all based off Shirley Temple I believe

Jakesully1981

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Jakesully1981

@cattlebattle That's right, they were both based on Shirley Temple. But do you agree with me that Darla is similar to BabyDoll with being a selfish brat star and having a tough as hell sidekick? and do you agree with me that Max looks like Garth and Mr. X in a tuxedo?

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By cattlebattle

Yes, they are tremendously similar.

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By Gambit1024

I love that character. Totally underrated.

Avatar image for masterdetective
    MasterDetective

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By MasterDetective

I also noticed the similitude between Baby-doll and Darla

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By Blood1991

I had to go back and watch the episode.

The are creepily similar though Darla is still one hundred times scarier. I don't care If Babydoll did have a doll gun Darla was just a complete animal torturing psycho.

SupBatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By SupBatz

I definitely think Baby-Doll is a great character. I wish she had been incorporated into comics. I also thought her team up with Killer Croc, while pretty creepy from a romantic standpoint, had a lot of potential for stories and development for both characters.

CrimsonCake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By CrimsonCake

@SupBatz said:

I definitely think Baby-Doll is a great character. I wish she had been incorporated into comics. I also thought her team up with Killer Croc, while pretty creepy from a romantic standpoint, had a lot of potential for stories and development for both characters.

And yet Renee Montoya got to be in the comics but not baby doll.

infonation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By infonation

@Jakesully1981: I actually feel really sorry for her too! She's pretty much got the gift of immortality, but just like Mr. Freeze she's got it in a way that makes her wish she was just as mortal as everyone else!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.