Follow

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Movie » Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice released on March 25, 2016.

Gotham City-based vigilante Batman travels to Metropolis to preemptively combat Superman, fearing what would happen if the latter is kept unchecked, while another threat endangers humankind.

Official Synopsis for Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice Revealed

• 99 results
    SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

I hear DC is going to rock CC this year by having Suicide Squad teasers, the release date of Batman and Superman's solo movies and that they might re-do the dates of their line-up for us.

Ugh! And that happens on Saturday. I only got tickets for Thursday and Sunday

derekvang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

justice teen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@azza04 said:
    No Caption Provided

I'm really interested to find out what Batman's plan is here. There's no way he just turns up in a fancy suit expecting to fight Superman and not get his ass whooped. He's got to have a plan.

Well since superman is just starting out we can't expect too much of him that batman won be able to stand a chance, but after find out the casting choice for the jl movie my expectations are low, so if Batgod is being applied I wont be surprise or upset.

sonofodin25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wonder Woman will win

AlKusanagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman's all "I'm Jesus!"

Batman's all "I'm Batman!"

Then they punch each other for an hour.

Then Lex is all "Haha! I'm evil and I got you to fight each other!"

Then they punch him.

Roll credits.

Bat_SAINT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for comicvine_is_jericho529
    comicvine_is_jericho529

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

its gonna be so corny when Batman actually beats superman ill probably walk out of the theater.

Conniption_Fit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well it depends on what unchecked means. See couple of things, yes he did stop Zod, but, and this is the problem I have with MoS. If Superman had never come to earth it would have been safer. Zod needed him for the birthing matrix, all he had to do was tell him he was running away to another planet and they could come find him there. HISHE breaks down the other problems with that movie pretty good. So all that being said I expect that because of the collateral damage guilt Superman is pretty much taking orders from the Government and Batman does not like it, and he may not like the idea that Humanity would put its faith in a saviour who is unaccountable and unstoppable. His point in defeating him in combat is that humanity is not his plaything or beneath him, that he has to respect the planet that has taken him in. Now of course he's formulating all this without knowing who Clark really is, just how he is being portrayed in media which does appear to be deifying him from early trailers. But hey David Goyer and the writing team don't know who Clark is either so I expect this movie to disappoint me as much as MoS.

Jestersmiles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#59  Edited By Jestersmiles

@allstarsuperman said:

Batman will win

superman fans tears will be sweet when he loses to bats xD. Can't wait.

Avatar image for deactivated-65df8e6125396
    deactivated-65df8e6125396

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think that One above all is going to come personally and is going to fight against our God of ours Omnivers and that will be the end of EVERYTHING.

Lol

saoakden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

I AM SO EXCITED FOR THIS!!!

kfabz-23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By kfabz-23

I think it might be Bizarro, because I'm guessing Lex will be framing Superman and Batman. What better way to do it than Bizarro. But I'm still thinking it's Doomsday more than anyone.

Avatar image for deactivated-64332b810a025
    deactivated-64332b810a025

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for starscream_vs_you
    Starscream_Vs_You

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really don't want the Doomsday rumors to be true mostly because he is too big of a villain to be in the second movie. Plus the movie has a lot to explain as far as the plot and the reason all the other members of the Justice League {Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Cyborg, Flash, maybe a glimpse of Green Lantern, and Shazam I hope I hope I hope!} are there.

MaxSavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anjon: That's the problem with the premise of Batman fighting this Superman...it makes no sense, because we all know this Supes is a good guy, he wants to help, he saved us, he's willing to work with the government ( not for them). If you ask me this seems like a big misunderstanding, or someone (Luthor) pulling strings to make Superman look bad, which invites Batman to put a stop to him.

justice teen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@conniption_fit: That would not have work I believe they were tracking superman so they would have known he was still on earth.

mak13131313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Damn, I'm hyped! So excited for this!

This!

Avatar image for comicsrulebutdbzdoes2
    ComicsrulebutDBZdoes2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hahahahahahaha second movie in and they're going to resort to killing off superman for dramatic effect

senglord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mark_stephen: His journey for recognition/origen triggered a near extinction event. He is not at fault, but he is a trigger. He knows this, but persists in behavior that results in ultimately massive civilian casualties. Whether he can be stopped is irrelevant, he should be stopped or deterred from operating openly on Earth.

Darkseid. Anti Monitor. Henshaw. Brainiac. Mytzykptlk. Mongol. Zod.

All have killed thousands/millions of people to hurt Superman. And more will die in every continuity. It makes him appear noble on panel to try to save people openly with his massive power. But, if he honored the man that raised him, and did noble deeds quietly, the results would be much better.

The surprising thing about the defense offered up is that Superman has been given a pass for villains like Hank Henshaw while many of the same fans feel that Batman is culpable for the crimes of his rogues. And when Batman considers taking lives, he is criticised while every other superhero gets to argue the virtue of scale. Which makes Batman's argument the more coherent one.

_Nox_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Clark:
    Clark: "wait. wait... I can't find my quarter"

I got a better one.

"Crap, I got a boner. I hate tights"

Mark_Stephen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@senglord: He had no way of knowing that would happen. What should he do when someone like Zod or the others show up? Leave the planet to them?

Mark_Stephen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As long as they are going to have Superman and Batman meet in conflict I wish they'd stick with the original meeting in Bruce Timm's universe. There was conflict but no outright attempt to murder.

Fallingcliffs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Fallingcliffs

@spectrumblur said:

" a new threat quickly arises"...

Weren't there rumors about Doomsday?

Heard the same, man I so hope lol. I also read one rumor that Lex took Zod's body and from that, he used his DNA and creates a "Doomsday" from him. I don't know how legit this rumor is though.

marveldcfan001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It shouldn't be Doomsday...it's too early for him! But I know how to make this movie good. Replace Superman and Batman with Captain America and Iron Man.

SmoothJammin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sigh, I'm struggling to get hyped for this. The teaser really didn't float my boat and now the information we're getting just doesn't interest me. Don't get me wrong, I still want to see the film but I'm just not interested at the moment. It's like they gave Superman a film and now they're panicking because they think he didn't do good enough. This is basically gearing up to make him the bad guy and Bats the good guy. It's just not fun. If I see another teaser which shows more of Superman doing what he does best, then I may change my tune but at the moment it's got nothing for me to hold on to. That's a shame.

Supes never gets a fair shake smh

Avatar image for superior_prime_maybe
    superior_prime_maybe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_nox_ said:
    @superior_prime_maybe said:
    Clark:
    Clark: "wait. wait... I can't find my quarter"

I got a better one.

"Crap, I got a boner. I hate tights"

HAHAHHAHAH!!!

Saint_Sophie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

So then how does Wonder Woman fit in all of this? Or will she just be dressed in all her armor and stuff for a brief second?

Aside from that, I'm not really pumped. I'm just keeping low standards for every DCCU film so in case it disappoints, I won't feel too bad.

xoxo, -Saint Sophie

senglord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mark_stephen: He had no knowledge of what was on the ship at all.

He had no right to the ship at that point either.

Zod was his mess, from his baggage. he should clean it up, and not be praised for doing the basic thing.

And there was little likelihood that Sod would take any chance of an El taking any of his power anyway, so coexistence with Zod was not an option either.

So, yeah, he shows up and things turn to worse craps than they already were. The situation seems superficially better because there is only one potential point of failure. And when that goes...

And none of the arguments address how the long term results of these alien invasions do not end with more massive casualties in the comics.

Stewart77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@soldierofel: I'm in agreement with you.

and @kivatt, you are spot on... if Doomsday is the threat Superman needs to die just like in the original comic arc. In fact, it would go down as the best super hero movie ever if it ended exactly how Superman 75 did back in 1992 with a true sacrifice to save the earth.

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

I'm excited for this, but this doesn't tell me anything I didn't know on my own based on pure assumption.

I can only suspect that somehow Lex convinces the Bat to take on Superman, otherwise he's got no real reason to go after Superman except for Superman being a 'threat to mankind'. But isn't that Luthor's thing? A bit more info on why Batman is doing this would be nice and aid my hype.

Oh, and Batman wins. I'm created a 'Team Bats' shirt to wear to theaters featuring his famous 'I'm the one who beat you' line from Dark Knight Returns. Because why not?

Jbreen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nothing much we didn't already know. I do wonder though what the threat to mankind will be. I can't imagine it would be Luthor, I have heard rumours of Doomsday being included but never really took them seriously until now.

Mark_Stephen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@senglord: That's up to the writers and it's a problem with a lot of storylines, from civil war to amazons attack: bad writing is the one thing that comic book characters have no defense against.

Jonez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's obviously not Doomsday.

Conniption_Fit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@justice_teen: No in my mind, he actually straight up leaves, he does not lie.

STELIOS23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anjon said:

There's a problem I see with Batman's goal...as in there doesn't seem to be one? The synopsis implies that Superman hasn't done anything wrong, people are just afraid that if he does do something wrong, there's nothing they can do to stop him. So Batman wants to prove that the world can still defend itself in the face of a godlike being. That's cool and all... but how is Batman going to settle that?

Batman isn't going to kill Superman, obviously. That's just murder even if he could. He can't get Superman arrested, because Superman hasn't committed a crime. If Man of Steel was any indication, Batman is basically going to cause billions of dollars worth of property damage, not to mention countless lost of life just to prove an extremely dickish and childish point.

Honestly, what's the "best case scenario" for Bruce here?

Thank you, a whole movie bout a whole lot of nothing just to have these two fight.

KingStandup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Just take my damn money already...all of it! lol

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

Jenkale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 2

#90  Edited By Jenkale

i wonder who/what the threat could be

senglord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mark_stephen: This is true overall. But, street level titles only succeed with a sense of consequence. And Bat titles are the only stories with a sense of meaningful stakes.

I evaluate a DC superhero comic with the same narrative and story standards of a Batman, Marvel, Image, or general SFF story. And Superman come up wanting in a lot of ways. The biggest was in him being a magnet for enemies he cannot deal with on his own.

Mark_Stephen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So if Superman is such a danger to the planet just by being here should he just leave? And if he does what happens when someone like Darksied or Braniac shows up and Superman isn't here to fight him?

GeeWhiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hate the reasoning behind Batman wanting to fight Superman and I can't believe there are so many people who seem to think this is a good reason. This would be like me seeing a football player on the street preventing a mugging and thinking, "This guy is too strong. He hasn't done anything yet but he might. I think I'll take a crowbar to his face just to bring him down some so he doesn't even think about abusing his powers".

blackair9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Even though I really dislike the casting for Lex Luthor, I am still pretty geeked for this movie. I hope it comes out great.

SamRF_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By SamRF_

New threat that puts mankind in greater danger than it's ever known before, sounds like doomsday to me :D

Doctor_Ankh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@soldierofel: dude, can u even reading? Batman is clearly the antagonist

digbic78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By digbic78

I can't wait for this to come out. Gutted we have to wait so bloody long.

I thought man of steel was the best comic film that i have ever seen. Henry C was born to play this role.

Dudelicious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By Dudelicious

It is so completely beyond me how anyone can feel anything for this movie but a gigantic "meh", from the actors, to the film photography, to the director, to the plot and beyond.

And another thing, how daft are you people? The "threat" rising is obviously the Atlantean/Amazonian alliance, seeing as both Wonder Woman and Aqua Man are in the movie yet aren't even mentioned in the synopsis. Could it be any more on the nose?

Avatar image for khianrobinson123-456
    khianrobinson123-456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Doomsday will be in the movie. Man can't wait for dis. I is hella hyped. Apparently, Doomsday looks like he has been ripped straight from the comics. He don't look like how he looked in smallville, he looks waaaaay better. I is hoping he kills superman like he did in the comics. Superman is soooo weak. He got killed by a mindless beast, and he did it with his bare hands. That mindless beast kind of reminds of someone else.........oh yeah, The Hulk. I is mad stoked for this movie. Man can't wait. I bet you man can't wait either. Dis is go be sick. Wicked. Mad sick. I is hoping superman gets his butt kicked by The Batman. Great Britain is The Best!

Abishai100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Conflict Telegraph: Storyboarding Silk

Batman dealing with Superman's arrogance dangers is not a new storyline, and considering how the tool-wielding caped crusader can practically take on the invincible Man of Steel has been more or less normalized by the plethora of stories involving Superman being humbled (by kryptonite, General Zod, Nuclear Man, Doomsday, etc., etc.) in various films and comic book storylines.

I like the idea of Wonder Woman contributing, and it really does seem that Lex Luthor would be behind some scheme to take advantage of this Batman-Superman contest distraction. Maybe Luthor devises a super-nuclear device or even creates Nuclear Man or invokes Doomsday somehow --- that should be enough for Batman and Superman to put aside their metaphysics disagreements.

Mostly, I'm excited for this film because of Ben Affleck and Henry Cavill, two worthy talents who seem to handle the magnetism of the timeless comic book superheroes nicely. After all, we need capable faces to deal with a dramatic story about multiple superhumans creating news. Also, Batman dealing with the ethics complications involved with Superman's leadership is really the only way to approach this Batman-vs-Superman storyline.

This Batman versus Superman storyline specifically deals with the symbolic comic book story theme of governance hysteria.

Doomsday

No Caption Provided

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.