Follow

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Movie » Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice released on March 25, 2016.

Gotham City-based vigilante Batman travels to Metropolis to preemptively combat Superman, fearing what would happen if the latter is kept unchecked, while another threat endangers humankind.

My Batman v Superman theory

Archizooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Archizooom

I pieced together a theory from various rumours floating around the internet, share your opinion below, if you think it's legit, if you like that storyline...

Okay so it goes as follows:

Lex Luthor was testing the effects of Kryptonite on Zod's corpse...

No Caption Provided

... and from that experiment emerged an anti-Superman creature, possibly Doomsday, with a weakness to sunlight, like Ultraman

He breaks out of Lexcorp....

No Caption Provided

...and runs smack dab into Wonder Woman. She faces him alone, she cuts off his hand but it grows back [see here], there's nothing she can do at this point so she slams her bracelets together...

No Caption Provided

...and buys herself enough time to fetch some help. She's quote, unquote the gateway drug to the Justice League....

Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman team up to stop Doomsday but they realize the only way to kill the monster is to hurl it into the sun's core...

Wonder Woman doesn't fly so only Superman can do it. However, Doomsday is full of kryptonite radiation, Superman doesn't return, he's floating in space half-dead from kryptonite poisoning [see here]

Believing he gave his life to save humanity, Armageddon style, he's revered as a hero!

And returns in Justice League....

Avatar image for deactivated-5c9535a734784
    deactivated-5c9535a734784

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Nice theory but Doomsday's involvement has already been ruled out by the visual effects director. But the rest of it sounds interesting and it could either be Bizarro or Ultraman. Nevertheless, details about the films plot are being guarded like they are the crown jewels.

Superlad93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@brunnhilde:

Interesting theory! But I've got a reservation or two. For one, the article you linked seemed to say that the president would be the one to fall and not Superman. To be honest I like your idea better. I also don't think that shock wave comes from Wonder Woman. It seems more like the big extravagant display of power that would come from a villain or a beast. While I have no doubt in my mind that Wonder Woman will be a force all her own in this movie and others to come, I just think that was clever editing rather than an actual continued shot.

I really have to hand it to you for your Superman "death" idea. It's clean, smart, and dove tales really well into JLA. It also plays nicely into that sort of joseph campbell like hero returns right when it all seems darkest.

I'd also like to add that I think Wonder Woman should take the role of leader in the JLA if she is in fact to be the gateway to it all.

Avatar image for suemorphplus209
    suemorphplus209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@soldierofel: I honestly hope that some DC movie simply features another villain with beam weapons: Lex Luthor in the mech suit. Given the fact that Dawn of Justice is years after Man of Steel Luthor has had the time to work on developing that from both General Zod as well as leftover Kryptonian armor that Zod ripped off.

Superlad93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@soldierofel:I hear OMAC is a strong contender for the spot. A sort of IOS of death Lex graphs onto the invulnerable Zod husk. It's a remnant from the old George Miller JLA script.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c9535a734784
    deactivated-5c9535a734784

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@superlad93: @suemorphplus209: Both are interesting ideas and both have merits. However if either of these can be brought correctly onto screen is another matter entirely. Alas, we shall see when this film comes out.

Archizooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superlad93: I agree, I'm not sure Wonder Woman caused that shockwave and if she did, I'm ambivalent about it. I watched the trailer a dozen times in super slow motion, it does look like she caused the shockwave but she might've just blocked a fireball, which then caused that fire dome. We'll see. And thank you, I might've put the wrong link over there btw

Avatar image for darkdetective27
    darkdetective27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 69

User Lists: 10

Your theory sounds pretty good and what will probably happen though it probably wont be Doomsday. It might be Amazo.

Baig10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

have a look at my doomsday origin story....

Please

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/gen-discussion-1/doomsday-origin-theory-your-reaction-1752714/#1

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.