Follow

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Movie » Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice released on March 25, 2016.

Gotham City-based vigilante Batman travels to Metropolis to preemptively combat Superman, fearing what would happen if the latter is kept unchecked, while another threat endangers humankind.

BvS: Full "I must kill Superman" Speech

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

#1  Edited By SaintWildcard

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is your "Batgod" ladies and gentlemen. A fool on a crusade to take down our savior.

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By HighAccuser

Ugh...

buildhare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By buildhare

Honestly I expected to see "I'm Batman" in the op.

vinomonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

No Caption Provided

The Batgod will stumble and fall but eventually join our savior in accomplishing wonders.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ugh...

The part of your brain that enjoys intricate story telling must be dead. All I see is you either bashing or barely tolerating anything DC

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saintwildcard: I love DC comics. This movie looked decent up until a certain point. If you don't like it, don't post it on a thread. You seem to enjoy mediocrity. I'll leave you at it, along with your pointless and nonsensical accusations.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saintwildcard: I love DC comics. This movie looked decent up until a certain point. If you don't like it, don't post it on a thread. You seem to enjoy mediocrity. I'll leave you at it, along with your pointless and nonsensical accusations.

YOu're allowed to piss and moan, but i question your use of the word "mediocrity". This movie looks amazing and complex, hitting themes that the other guys seemed to have missed. It's also continuing Clark's journey to the icon he must be but not making it easy on him like the comics do. And we're getting to see the two greatest heroes have a physical battle as well as an idealistic one. I can't take you seriously if that sounds boring to you

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Lol dis gun b gud

Avatar image for darknightspideyfanboy
    darknightspideyfanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batgod will win

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saintwildcard: Define "complex". That gets thrown around more than unique, and is a flat and weightless compliment. Nobodies doing any moaning, I said 3 letters worth of a neutral statement and you pretty much jumped on me like an ex wife at a court hearing. In all fairness the clash between Supes and Bats looks popcorn worthy, if not overglorified and bombastic. Amazing is a vast overstatement since this movie seems to be all over the place with its themes and characters, especially as a successor to an already divisive Superman reboot. Again, if you can't handle an opinion, grow thicker skin or ignore it. Bandwagoning a movie with blind optimism is a foolish endeavor.

Avatar image for petey_is_spidey
    Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

He enjoys mediocrity? You've seen the movie???? OMG where is it? Is it online? Do you have a time machine? Oh wait, you haven't.....

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By rogueshadow  Moderator

Confirms that Bruce is saying exactly what I've been saying he's saying, and you can see where he's coming from. Superman has the power to kill us all, Bruce doesn't think Superman is evil or has any bad intentions at this point, but whatever his motives, Batman knows all it takes for a man to go bad is one bad day, once that happens, even if it's a one in ten thousand chance it will happen, everybody is dead, no ifs and buts, the human race goes extinct, we're done. Is that a risk you would want to take in the real world? It's obviously very pertinent right now with all the stuff about stopping ISIS refugees into countries as well as the perpetual threat of nukes etc.

Part of the paradox is 'so, if Superman can destroy the world... and you think you can take Superman... what does that make you, who stops you?' They are playing with TDKR and the lore, 'who do they send after you?' They've flipped it a bit.

You can completely understand where Bruce is coming from, at the end of the day, brawl between two men was leveling a city and then one of the men showed he had it in him to snap the other guy's neck. People making out either side is wholly in the right or wholly in the wrong are just being irrational.

From a practical stand-point, Batman is right, from a philosophical one, he's wrong.

Something major has to go down to convince Batman that Clark really is the best of us and that he can be trusted with the great power he has.

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@petey_is_spidey: Yeah, I wish people had better judgement calls for movies like F4 2015, TASM 2, Xmen Origins, Thor 2, or Iron Man 2. But hey, we live in the "hype" world.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saintwildcard: Define "complex". That gets thrown around more than unique, and is a flat and weightless compliment. Nobodies doing any moaning, I said 3 letters worth of a neutral statement and you pretty much jumped on me like an ex wife at a court hearing. In all fairness the clash between Supes and Bats looks popcorn worthy, if not overglorified and bombastic. Amazing is a vast overstatement since this movie seems to be all over the place with its themes and characters, especially as a successor to an already divisive Superman reboot. Again, if you can't handle an opinion, grow thicker skin or ignore it. Bandwagoning a movie with blind optimism is a foolish endeavor.

COmplex for a CBM is a statement I'll stand by. But does the word "deeper" more suiting to your taste. Actually, this movie is not all over the place at all. Seems pretty easy to follow honestly if you pay attention. But if I have to summarize it for you, the movie is centering around how the world acts around Superman. The Public (people who hate and worship him), the government, Lex and Bruce. The story will follow how Superman deals with it, and how Batman will tackle this and at some point realize he's wrong for having such a jaded hatred for Superman. BUt I guess if a movie centers around more than just one storyline, you get confused like a dear in front of headlights.

Saying you're moaning is simply a hyperbole jab. I don't get why people seem to think that debating the detention of a word to the exact meaning is a valid counter point around here. But you do seem to hate this movie in most threads and saying it's crap, in all threads, I simply chose my thread to challenge you on it.

I can handle it. But this is a CB website, where these types of debates are common. I'm not saying you'r a terrible person for having the wrong opinion of this movie, I just decided to have this debate today for kicks. I don't need to learn how to handle things, you need to learn to relax.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
    deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

*yawn*

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saintwildcard: The fact that you remembered me out of plenty of other people and chose to jump accusations and recall any "critique" I made out of plenty of other threads must indicate some odd obsession. It's a bit unflattering to say the least. And "deeper" doesn't help either. Again these are words thrown around quite often that add nothing to any sort of credibility. But hey, I'll say something positive to humor you. This might be the best comedy of 2016. I expect great laughs to be had all around.

Slayz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saintwildcard: Blashphemy!

The Kryptonian says the Bat is dead... But the Bat has only begun.

...But seriously, this film looks amazing. A Superhero movie that ACTUALLY HAS CONSEQUENCES. Who woulda thunk.

By the way, what are your thoughts on Batman? You're obviously a big Superman fan, I'm just curious.

Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@petey_is_spidey: Yeah, I wish people had better judgement calls for movies like F4 2015, TASM 2, Xmen Origins, Thor 2, or Iron Man 2. But hey, we live in the "hype" world.

Besides F4 and TASM 2, none of the movies you mentioned had a hype train behind them. X-Men origins was not being hounded down by "critics" as being terrible; and even in hindsight, there are still a good chunk of people who enjoy the film. Thor 2 was never predicted to be a masterpiece, but by no means did anyone think it was going to be horrendous, and the movie wasn't received as bad by many. Ironman 2 was riding on the waves of the original, and with the addition of Warmachine, no one predicted that it would be bad. Even with FF 2015, people were judging its success off of it's predecessors, not on its own merits.

Many thought AoU would be good but were let down by the film (not that it was bad, just that it didn't meet expectations). No one was predicting Winter Soldier to be as good as it was. Everyone thought TDKR was going to be some epic climax, but many consider it to be the worst in the series.

Unless what is presented is just absolutely terrible, its unfair and illogical to call a movie mediocre before its even release.

black_wreath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 109

In all honesty, he's not wrong.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
    deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saintwildcard: Sandor, eat a chicken. You're not you when you're hungry.

Slayz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leo-343: Seriously.

That's why I'm team Bruce for this one. We all know Clark won't do anything bad, but he doesn't.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saintwildcard: The fact that you remembered me out of plenty of other people and chose to jump accusations and recall any "critique" I made out of plenty of other threads must indicate some odd obsession. It's a bit unflattering to say the least. And "deeper" doesn't help either. Again these are words thrown around quite often that add nothing to any sort of credibility. But hey, I'll say something positive to humor you. This might be the best comedy of 2016. I expect great laughs to be had all around.

Plenty? This site is pretty dead compared to other sites. You see the same name making the same complaint all the time it sticks to you (plus I'm sure we've debated before in a case where you called most MoS fans mediocrity consumers). Most people around here would remember other users, so this is a weak jab at my character and an insult to almost everyone here. So congrats on being that guy

The only way the words will stand apparently to you is if the movie follows through with it (which is fine). I also don't get where this over use of the word deeper or complex when it comes to CBMs is coming from. Never have I heard someone refer to the majority of CBMs as deep or complex. Avengers, Thor, GotG, DOFP etc. People referred to most movies as either epic or fun (that's been the biggest defense for Marvel movies, that they just look like fun movies). Could the movie suck? Yes. BUt I doubt it because I actually liked MoS, the storyline is being continued here (very well) and they got an award winning writer to retouch the script. So as it stands, your argument for why it sucks is bad and at best your saying I can't hype it cus I haven't seen it. You are fine to believe that, but people who are actually looking forward to this movie and have a good understanding of story see the promise in the trailers that this will be a good movie. So in the end, I still disagree with you not seeing this movie as deep, as I have said many plot lines that this movie is exploring which is more than any other CBM has done in the past. Can they mess it up? Sure, but you have to atleast agree they are trying

No, that will either be Deadpool or Suicide Squad, but nice try though. You're backhanded compliment is wrong as well.

Slayz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leo-343: "What if Ma Kent gets brutally murdered in front of him"

I know we'll never get it, but this would be cool for an introduction into an Injustice movie with Joker.

Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

PeterParkerJr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@leo-343 said:

I find myself agreeing with him, would you be comfortable if Superman existed in real life?

I'd have mixed feelings about it for sure.

sooperfly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think BvS's Bruce is going to be slightly psychotic like the one from 'Batman All Star' or 'The Dark Knight Returns'...makes sense, since he did try to ram Superman with his Batmobile in their first meeting

@leo-343 said:

I find myself agreeing with him, would you be comfortable if Superman existed in real life?

I'd have mixed feelings about it for sure.

I think the fact that he stopped an alien invasion would probably put him in my 'good books' however i agree that someone with so much power would leave me a little spooked in the event he had a 'change of heart' on who's side he's on

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ht003 said:

I think BvS's Bruce is going to be slightly psychotic like the one from 'Batman All Star' or 'The Dark Knight Returns'...makes sense, since he did try to ram Superman with his Batmobile in their first meeting

Nah, Bruce was making a get away and Clark appeared in front of the car. That's how I saw it

sooperfly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saintwildcard: that actually makes more sense, considering Superman would have the reflexes to move out of the way

righteous300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm on Bruce's side with this one. I see a lot of people say that Bruce should get over himself self Supes did protect us from an alien invasion so obviously he's good. Well Harvey Dent started out with putting criminals in prison and look what happened to him. With Bruce being older in this universe I can imagine that he's seen plenty of good men go bad, so when he's faced with someone like Superman I'm sure the first thought that comes to mind is, he saves our world today but what happens when something wrong happens to him and he loses it. No point in taking risk and it's best to just take him out now before anything goes wrong

TheExile285

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 4

Now this is a good TV spot for the movie. There's one from Supes' point of view as well.

Loading Video...

If WB is smart, they'll play these during the Superbowl.

UltimateSMfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can't stop watching the spot since it came out. Loving Affleck and the intensity he's bringing is transformative, that's Bruce Wayne right there.

Phantom16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The whole "Superman has the power to wipe out human race" is a massive exageration. This Superman is nowhere near as strong as comic superman or even Reeve Superman. We even see in the first movie that he can be hurt/injured by conventional weaponry. 30mm rounds from a GU8 Avenger knocked Superman and Nam-ek for a loop and a single cruise missile knocked Faora out cold. Not to mention, there are billions of people on this planet. Bruce is grosely overestimating the Superman and underestimating the military.

STELIOS23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By STELIOS23

Hope this movie flops

Jonez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This movie looks amazing and complex

It doesn't look complex to me at all.

If you want to see a movie with complexity, I suggest Eyes Wide Shut or Jacob's Ladder.

silvanoshei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hope this movie flops

Why? I hope it does well, because I like comic book movies, and want more of them with more $$$ behind it.

STELIOS23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stelios23 said:

Hope this movie flops

Why? I hope it does well, because I like comic book movies, and want more of them with more $$$ behind it.

I just hoped that there would've been a better introduction to JL than this tired, frankly overused troupe.

AbdullahZubair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leo-343 said:
    @slayz said:

@leo-343: Seriously.

That's why I'm team Bruce for this one. We all know Clark won't do anything bad, but he doesn't.

All it could take is just one thing to make him switch mentally. What if he ups and decides to just rule the world his way? What if Ma Kent gets brutally murdered in front of him, goes psycho and commits global genocide?

What if YOU get up and one day decided to commit global genocide when you see your mother brutally murdered in front of you...?? You don't need superpowers for that kind of stuff...These are all just theories....And from what I know, powers or no powers, weapons or no weapons, no one likes to kill others unless they are insane....

And what if he is a good guy and you try to eliminate him but just piss him off so then he decides to commit global genocide...?? More likely theory

I was just wondering...What sort of movie is not mediocre in your view and awesome...??

and you are one of the few people on this website that stand out due to a distinctive way of telling your opinion...And when you are debating over someone, stick to the topic and don't just start attacking the opponent's character....You are not Trump!!!

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
    deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@jonez_ said:

This movie looks amazing and complex

It doesn't look complex to me at all.

If you want to see a movie with complexity, I suggest Eyes Wide Shut or Jacob's Ladder.

The sad part is that this type of movie is complex...to the not-so-bright people that it's marketed toward.

Slayz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AbdullahZubair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By AbdullahZubair
    @slayz said:

@abdullahzubair: What is your point? What are you arguing?

I am arguing that the glass is half full!!!

You guys missed the point about how there would be less crime, no terrorism and the world would be a better place SO the thing is, that we would just hand over the world to Superman as he clearly could take us in a better direction instead of him ever wanting to become the next hitler...We don't have any super villains too so he would be more focused in solving normal crimes...

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.