Follow

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Movie » Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice released on March 25, 2016.

Gotham City-based vigilante Batman travels to Metropolis to preemptively combat Superman, fearing what would happen if the latter is kept unchecked, while another threat endangers humankind.

'Batman v Superman' Character Posters Debut

• 96 results
    tchalla3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@ltbrd: They all look good to me. I'm digging the posters. Superman is historically bigger than Batman; he's naturally ripped do to his alien dna.

Batman is also a big guy in the comics. He benches well over 600 lbs; that's what makes him so astounding. He's huge and quicker than most.

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By DarthAznable

@nukea6: The issue is shaming Gadot for not being what YOU want her to look like. There have been a plethora of WW comics post 80s where she's still slim (minus huge boobs) and carter looks the same in the pic you just posted.

No Caption Provided

Gadot, slim but tone enough. She's clearly come a long way from before she started filming. I swear you comic "fans" will cry over anything and everything.

NukeA6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By NukeA6

@darthaznable You call that toned? LOL Please, every female I've seen in the gym looks more toned than that. She looks like she took a pic of her self after a week of 5 minute sessions.

As for Carter, she's obviously slim but manages to be thicker than Gadot. And don't get me started with your bad comparison.

Xargo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

well at least the costumes are decent, a shame everything else about this movie is sucks

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nukea6 said:

@darthaznable You call that toned? LOL Please, every female I've seen in the gym looks more toned than that. She looks like she took a pic of her self after a week of 5 minute sessions.

As for Carter, she's obviously slim but manages to be thicker than Gadot. And don't get me started with your bad comparison.

More toned than you'll likely ever be. Of course you use the terrible "I've seen such and such" argument. Who cares what you've seen. I've seen guys twice the size of Affleck and Cavel but what does that matter? It adds nothing to the discussion. That photo of Gadot is over a year old and as I said, which you happily ignored, she looks far better than she did before filming started.

The only thing thicker on Lynda is her bust size. She has no actual mass or tone to her figure. Also take into fact that Gadot is the same height as the average male which is exceeding tall compared to the average woman. You guys can cry and complain all you want, it will fix nothing.

storm-is-life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@theexile285: Clark looks like he's holding in a fart

LMAO an Wonder Woman heard the wind escape.

Avatar image for theincrediblesuperhulk8642
    TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Cavill is bae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_stegman: How will we be able to buy them??? Movie Theatre, Amazon or LCS?

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator
    NukeA6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By NukeA6

@darthaznable: More toned than I'll ever be? LOL I actually am more muscular than she is. Since high school. Nice to see you can't put up a decent argument and went to insulting.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Freaking TV characters and they have more abs than Gal Gadot.

Even a lead singer has a much better body than Gal Gadot.
    Even a lead singer has a much better body than Gal Gadot.
    GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

I like all of them, but for some reason Affleck reminds me of Clooney Batman in the face in the non-armored one.

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

@rag_man said:

man, I still long for a stronger looking blue eyed Wonder Woman, she just looks like good cosplay.

I feel the same way. I have nothing against Gadot but she looks so fragile. Aside from the hideous tiara, I'm really impressed with the costume design at least.

Cerridwen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wonder Woman is my favorite poster.

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By DarthAznable

@nukea6: Oh and what argument have you provided? Oh yeah...

And if you found that insulting I feel bad for you son.

You're clearly biased. Canary better abs? Sure I can see that. The rest of her? Please. It's more than just abs. Supergirl? Hers aren't much more visible than Gadot. She's not much bigger than Gadot either, in fact I'd say Gadot has thicker quads. Not sure why being a lead singer matters. Are singers suddenly by default not supposed to have good bodies? lmao Physique is all about aesthetics. Not overcompensated mass or cutness.

I don't know why I'm bothering though. It's a pointless argument regardless. Cheers m8.

Rag_man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Rag_man

@rag_man said:

man, I still long for a stronger looking blue eyed Wonder Woman, she just looks like good cosplay.

I feel the same way. I have nothing against Gadot but she looks so fragile. Aside from the hideous tiara, I'm really impressed with the costume design at least.

I have hopes Gadot will impress with her portrayal of Diana...She is 5'10, fit AND has an ethnic look and is beautiful which are defiantly all on point...Something still just does not strike me as Amazonian though, not having her trademark piercing blue eyes is main throws me I guess.

flaggsarmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

How I feel about everything I see of Batman v Superman

Avatar image for the_impersonator
    The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

I liked to slap Wonder Woman's @$$ wonderfully.

panther21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#69 owie  Moderator

What I like about this is, Wonder Woman looks the most kick ass out of all of them.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
    Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

@rogueshadow: just wait till Jason Momoa gets in a poster with them.

And The Rock

Poor Ezra Miller will look 12

tx12100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

99 Days Left :) ) ) )

mickeymayhew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

batman just looks wrong, just too tubby

rossdog11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Where can you order these poster

Kal'smahboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I think they look great. I can't wait for this movie. The only reprieve is that Star Wars and Deadpool are coming first.

NukeA6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By NukeA6

@justthatkid: LOL Tell me you're joking. It's like you never read a Wonder Woman comic before. The cosplay is disturbing? WW has been more muscular than before Flashpoint. Hell, she's about that thick in Azarello's run. You're the one with silly views. Blame yourself for being too beta to handle a fit woman.

NukeA6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By NukeA6

@justthatkid: Except Gal Gadot is more thin than most depictions of Wonder Woman (including cosplays). Even the original didn't look like a noodle. Really, there are much better choices for WW than Gadot so cut the white-knighting. Even the actress for the failed Supergirl movie had a better body.

NukeA6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By NukeA6

@justthatkid said:
    @nukea6 said:

@justthatkid: Except Gal Gadot is more thin than most depictions of Wonder Woman (including cosplays). Even the original didn't look like a noodle. Really, there are much better choices for WW than Gadot so cut the white-knighting. Even the actress for the failed Supergirl movie had a better body.

Your eyesight is poor apparently and I dont understand what your differentiating in most of the pics your bringing up is other then that nasty beefcake Wonder Woman image you posted but for the most part. I really don't know what comic you read with that Manazon figure of Wonder Woman is in.

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/wonder-woman-179/how-is-gal-still-being-called-way-to-skinny-1587569/

LOL Manazon? GTFO with that crap. Funny thing is that a couple of pics in that thread clearly show WW being thick so you're pretty much the one with poor eyesight. And the DCAU example is just hilarious because you fail to see that every female has that design while all male heroes have huge chins and shoulders. It's just a design style.

Let me end this argument for real now.

This is Golden Age Wonder Woman and she's clearly thick.
    This is Golden Age Wonder Woman and she's clearly thick.
    Silver Age. Notice how she's not noodle thin?
    Silver Age. Notice how she's not noodle thin?
    Alex Ross art. Clearly thick
    Alex Ross art. Clearly thick
    WW in Simone's run. You can clearly see she's muscular.
    WW in Simone's run. You can clearly see she's muscular.
    NukeA6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Now we're going New 52. Azarello's run! You can now take your whole thread and Manazon claims and shove it up one of your holes.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    Avatar image for deactivated-5a4e0e8ea3dfb
    deactivated-5a4e0e8ea3dfb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tchalla3000: i don't disagree with you on either point as the Golden Age Superman's size was identified by his heritage and the prime physiques all Kryptonians had (and hilariously re-iterated in the All-Star Superman miniseries). But there have been many modern depictions of him being closer to what I'd define as a "normal" (i.e, not under the care of a personal bodybuilder and specialized diet) build and like I said past actors of the character did not go through that type of transformation nor did Cavill need to. Heck, even when Affleck played George Reeves and wore the a copy of the Adventures of Superman suit he didn't put on any muscle for the role and still looked impressive.

Batman's look just has to do with how the suit looks. Much like the padding of Captain America's uniform in the Marvel films, the way the suit covers Affleck makes him look too bulky to be as fast and agile as he needs to be. Had they gone with a slimmer main suit (not battle mech suit, which is appropriately armored) I think it would have worked better given Affleck's natural height and build.

For Everyone: Even with Gadot its a question of the suit properly fitting her body. Had they gone with a complete chest piece (say like the armor that was used for Troy back in the day) vice trying to replicate the comic book look with the open upper chest and shoulders her overall body would likely appear more proportioned to what she's wearing. Instead by keeping a more comic book look it showcases the smaller upper body she has compared to what you'd expect of a lifetime athlete/warrior (I've competed in multiple sports and studied martial arts for the last 27 years....women who are lifetime athletes tend, but obviously not all, to have broader and more defined shoulders and upper chests just as men do). While she has a military background, Gadot clearly doesn't have that body type (in the grand scheme of things I've got no complaints with the body Gadot does have) so her look as Wonder Woman should compliment her not simply be the closest thing to the comics this movie universe would have. but I readily support the argument that Gadot didn't need to become huge, bulky or otherwise for this role because at the end of the day Wonder Woman's strength is a testament of her creation/divine empowerment vice training, which is more to the point of why she's a skilled warrior rather.

Overmonitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Only one im buying so far is Cavill

righteous300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By righteous300

New Lex Luthor photo. http://comicbook.com/2015/12/17/batman-v-superman-new-lex-luthor-photo-and-infographic-released/. Interview with Lex Luthor and his views on Batman. Also has some huge easter eggs (Oliver Queen) and an infographic on the industries in the universe and how they compare to Lexcorp

No Caption Provided

laabitres

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the characters look fantastic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_stegman: Cool. Planning on getting the Supes poster myself.

NukeA6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By NukeA6

@justthatkid: And you just proved your vision problems. I am not wasting my time with you any more.

NukeA6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By NukeA6

@justthatkid: Your hypocrisy speaks volumes.You should visit your eye doctor before you try to find problems in other people. Or a shrink since it's most likely a mental problem.

AbdullahZubair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I dont know why but Batman looks weird in the last picture....

Lunarstorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's a cat, It's a bat nope It's FATMAN!!!

EdBlank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Why is Bats bigger than Super?

I know that muscle mass doesn't mean anything to Supe's power, but it just looks weird.

black_wreath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 109

#96  Edited By black_wreath

No complaints, these are amazing.

Kudos to the photography, make-up and costume departments and the other unsung heroes of this and other movies.

Two Batman costumes = double the action figure $, brilliant. XD

ThreadPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thegoddess:

Thank you for this. Tired of the BS that people spew do to nostalgia glasses.

Avatar image for redbird3rdboywonder
    redbird3rdboywonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Still wish they had Rosenbaum as Luthor

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.