Why You Should Read BATMAN AND ROBIN "Born to Kill"

• 44 results
    save.me.now

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

Born to Kill is a great read. Between BTK and Batman inc, the new 52 portrayal of Damian was the first time I didn't see him as a spoiled little P.O.S. Those two books increased my opinion of him to the point that I was actually upset by his death. BTK gives some great insight into Bruce and Damian's relationship turned me a former Damian hater into and almost fan of his. If you're looking for something to change your opinion of Damian BTK is a must read.

fil123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

@anjales said:

@fil123 said:

@anjales said:

I feel like Tomasi's run is much stronger than Morrison's. And this arc is one of the biggest reasons. Tomasi built on elements established before by Morrison and then took to a whole deeper level. And while Morrisson liked to contrast the dark nature of Damian with Grayson's more light-hearted nature, Tomasi instead contrasted Nature (the way Talia raised Damian as a ruthless Assassin) and Nurture (Batman teaching his son morals and how to truly be a hero), while also relating this to Bruce himself, showing that Bruce wants Damian to overcome his past the same he did, while Damian simply wants to prove himself to his father and also wanting him to love him for he is, not just what he wants him to be.

And then of course, there's the art. I won't ramble on about Gleason's strong art, I'll simply post this.

Yeah... I know.
    Yeah... I know.

better than morrisons?? LOL had a rough day needed a good laugh

My opinion. No need to be a jerk about it.

sorry that was my opinion on your opinion

mickeymayhew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

I'm re-reading this at the moment and it IS spectacular

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.