Follow

Barry Allen

Character » Barry Allen appears in 5080 issues.

Having discovered his mother murdered and his father blamed for the act, forensic scientist Barry Allen sought to clear his father's name and find the real killer. After being doused in chemicals and struck by lightning, Barry was granted the gift of super-speed. Now he protects his hometown of Central City as The Flash, the fastest man alive and founding member of the Justice League.

Seth Grahame-Smith to Write and Direct 'The Flash' Feature Film

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

Edited By inferiorego  Staff
    No Caption Provided

The Flash feature film is moving forward now with Seth Grahame-Smith to write and direct the feature film. Grahame-Smith is in negotiations with Warner Bros. according to THR. He's known for his books Pride and Prejudice and Zombies as well as Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter. He's also currently working on the script for LEGO Batman.

The duo behind the LEGO Movie, Phil Lord and Christopher Miller wrote the treatment for the film, but they will not be able to direct, as they are working on the Han Solo solo film. Ezra Miller has signed up to play The Flash, which is being introduced in 2016's Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice.

The Flash will hit theaters on March 3, 2018.

Doc-Holiday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 8

I didn't much care for the Abe Lincoln Vampire Hunter movie but hope he can do a good job with The Flash movie, it would be nice to finally see a SUCCESSFUL movie for a member of the Justice League who wasn't Batman or Superman

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

I loved Abe Lincoln Vampire Hunter, so I except to love this film.

TheSpoiler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Weird choice, but Abe Lincoln was fun, so I'll give him a chance. Can't do a worse job than the people on the TV show.

Avatar image for darkdetective27
    darkdetective27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 69

User Lists: 10

So this is what qualifies as a master filmmaker for Warner Bros. No wonder they are putting Snyder in charge of the DCEU. http://www.slashfilm.com/warner-bros-dc-movie-strategy-quotes/

Avatar image for darknightspideyfanboy
    darknightspideyfanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Multiverse

sonofodin25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't see why we need a Flash movie when we already got an awesome TV Show

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7 the_stegman  Moderator

I just hope that it's good. I'm praying to every god I know of that the DCEU succeeds.

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because why not both?

goonage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

The real question is- will the movie have zombies?

goonage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for comicsrulebutdbzdoes2
    ComicsrulebutDBZdoes2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scouterv: @goonage: flood the market and devalues the movie if it has a TV show

The Avengers have an animated television series along with their movies.

Doesn't seem to be hurting them. Same goes for the Star Wars franchise. People generally like their TV and fangasm over the movies, pre-prequels.

Dragonball has a new series, and they'll probably get more movies down the line.

There's almost always some Batman show on TV, but it never hurts the movies.

Point is, I'm not seeing your logic here.

goonage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By goonage

@comicsrulebutdbzdoes2 said:

@scouterv: @goonage: flood the market and devalues the movie if it has a TV show

That's like saying Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes devalued the Avengers movie. The TV show and the movie are completely different, unrelated products, with the exception of featuring the same superhero. The public can tell the difference.

Mfundroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

While reading this article *adds The Flash (2018 film) onto prayer list*

Avatar image for comicsrulebutdbzdoes2
    ComicsrulebutDBZdoes2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@goonage: @scouterv: comparing it to animated is not at all comparable, animated is aimed at kids and children when obviously adults and teenagers who want to go see DCEU and marvel movies will have no idea about the animated series however they could've heard of the live action as their aimed at the same generation

There's a big reason why you never see the A listers get TV series based around them as when a movie is made for them it is generally not as successful and makes it seem less special

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By ScouterV

@goonage: @scouterv: comparing it to animated is not at all comparable, animated is aimed at kids and children when obviously adults and teenagers who want to go see DCEU and marvel movies will have no idea about the animated series however they could've heard of the live action as their aimed at the same generation

There's a big reason why you never see the A listers get TV series based around them as when a movie is made for them it is generally not as successful and makes it seem less special

Well, I'm 22 and I've heard of these animated series and many others. Animation doesn't have to be aimed at any one particular group. That's why there are shows like American Dad, Justice League, and Earth's Mightiest Heroes.

Why would it be any more likely that I'd hear about a live-action series over an animated one, when Marvel and DC would have a vested interest in me watching all their shows?

And we've had Batman series before. Adam West for example, as Batman. Then there was Smallville. Wonder Woman also had a series. Aquaman had a planned series, and Wonder Woman was getting another one.

goonage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scouterv said:
    @comicsrulebutdbzdoes2 said:

Well, I'm 22 and I've heard of these animated series and many others. Animation doesn't have to be aimed at any one particular group. That's why there are shows like American Dad, Justice League, and Earth's Mightiest Heroes.

Why would it be any more likely that I'd hear about a live-action series over an animated one, when Marvel and DC would have a vested interest in me watching all their shows?

And we've had Batman series before. Adam West for example, as Batman. Then there was Smallville. Wonder Woman also had a series. Aquaman had a planned series, and Wonder Woman was getting another one.

QFT.

TheBlackHood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is it still starring that weird looking effeminate Ezra Miller? it is? Then I still don't care. That guy is so completely wrong for the part that it is unreal. Its almost as if they cast as far from the comic as the possibly could without going directly into parody.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 32

Is it still starring that weird looking effeminate Ezra Miller? it is? Then I still don't care. That guy is so completely wrong for the part that it is unreal. Its almost as if they cast as far from the comic as the possibly could without going directly into parody.

That guy acts exactly like Wally West, the dude is perfect.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope the movie will have the DCCU "serious" vibe, because that sloppy and sappy TV show was painful to watch.

darkdetective27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm: With this writer on board, it will probably be tonally inconsistant.

AbdullahZubair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I loved the abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter film.. Expecting to love this as well..

Last, week I made a statement that DC is taking lesser known directors for their universe and this just supports my statement.This guy has yet to direct his first film and he already has 2 more lined up.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkdetective27:

Well let's hope him being supervised will benefit us all. But I'm not really familiar with any of the mentioned above work so I can't tell.

gunswordfist_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Soo...movie Flash will be different from TV Flash? Kind of confuses but that at least answers the question as to whether or not the universes are the same (Before anyone says anything stupid, I did not know)

Avatar image for currentthor2015
    CurrentThor2015

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Really no point in doing a movie when there is already a tv show, I know I wont want to see 2 hours of Flash when I can just watch 24 episodes at once.

TubbyLumpkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thespoiler: Your implying that the Flash TV show is bad

TheSpoiler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
    MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

I don't know about this. We will see.

~MiB

darkdetective27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TubbyLumpkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thespoiler: Huh. People in this site have a lot of crappy taste.

Stellar421

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So this is what qualifies as a master filmmaker for Warner Bros. No wonder they are putting Snyder in charge of the DCEU. http://www.slashfilm.com/warner-bros-dc-movie-strategy-quotes/

Spot on.

TheBlackHood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theblackhood said:

That guy acts exactly like Wally West, the dude is perfect.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

I don't care how much he acts like the character if his look is entirely wrong. Carrot Top may act like Wonder Woman but I don't want him in a tiara wielding the lasso.

Ostyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This film just keeps getting beaten into the ground.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theblackhood: what's wrong? Effeminate men make you question your sexuality?

TheBlackHood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cute. No I just prefer my male action characters to actually resemble men rather than little boys.

BatWatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 238

The Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter book was decent. It was good in the first half but kind of fell apart once Lincoln became President, in my opinion. I flipped through Pride and Prejudice and Zombies, and it was fairly amusing, so I feel alright about the guy's writing abilities in the novel genre, but writing a movie is a little different, and directing a movie is an entirely different animal. Does he have any experience? This makes me nervous.

The Vampire Hunter movie was okay IF you looked at it as complete schlock. The fight scene on a stampeding herd of horses was crazy stupid awesome.

Zeeguy91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#37  Edited By Zeeguy91

@theblackhood: you know, people said the same thing about Heath Ledger when he was cast as the Joker. And also, people seem to forget that Chris Evans was actually not buff at all before he was cast as Captain America. I'm sure Miller intends to beef up and get a haircut before putting on the Flash suit.

Lunarstorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If we can have a young black wally west in the comics I'm sure we can survive a Barry Allen with black hair in the movies as well.

SmoothJammin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Give Ezra a chance, he's got chops. Are you judging him by looks and his personal beliefs or actually grading the dude based on acting ability as a whole?

Needlebay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ezra Miller is an excellent actor and he's still fairly young. Zack Snyder hand picked him, so I have faith.

As for this guys directing and writing Flash, i don't know. He could be awesome and he could be crap. We'll just have to wait and see. The Russo Brother has made some average to crap movies, but Captain America: Winter Soldier was pretty damn good.

TheBlackHood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By TheBlackHood

@zeeguy91 said:

@theblackhood: you know, people said the same thing about Heath Ledger when he was cast as the Joker. And also, people seem to forget that Chris Evans was actually not buff at all before he was cast as Captain America. I'm sure Miller intends to beef up and get a haircut before putting on the Flash suit.

Getting a haircut and buffing up are great. However, Miller is completely the wrong look for Wally West. The reason Ledger worked as Joker is because he morphed into the role. Chris Evans was not as big, but he wasn't a dandy like Miller. Unless they are somehow going to make Miller a ginger for Wally or a blond for Barry, he's wrong for the part.

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
    amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

Weird choice, but Abe Lincoln was fun, so I'll give him a chance. Can't do a worse job than the people on the TV show.

agreed

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous said:

Cute. No I just prefer my male action characters to actually resemble men rather than little boys.

Right, right only big butch manly men for you. Mustaches, muscles, vests, maybe some cowboy boots. That sort of thing?

EdBlank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I feel that DC is making a huge mistake by having all the live action stuff take place across multiple "Universes".

The thing about comics is the connectivity. The thing about *ahem*CU is the movie actors have showed up on the TV show. The events of the movie have an impact on the events of the TV show. That makes it awesome.

Having every title just solo really takes me out of the "suspension of disbelief". Kinda like this RoBAT Cop in one title / Bruce Wayne in another title. Bruce is somewhere in space.. wait no he forgot that he was Batman. Superman lost his powers... but he has them over here. One could not really imagine all this "happening" at once, therefore it drives home the fact that it's play play.

TheBlackHood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theblackhood said:
    @jonny_anonymous said:

Right, right only big butch manly men for you. Mustaches, muscles, vests, maybe some cowboy boots. That sort of thing?

The fact that you have to turn a disagreement about a casting choice into something about sexual orientation is pretty telling. Why are you so defensive?

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous said:
    @theblackhood said:
    @jonny_anonymous said:

The fact that you have to turn a disagreement about a casting choice into something about sexual orientation is pretty telling. Why are you so defensive?

Defensive? I'm not sure I'm being defensive about anything really.

Avatar image for the_impersonator
    The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

I don't get it. If we're getting two Flashes, why not keep two Deadshots? Killing Deadshot on Arrow was a stupid idea and the way they killed him, unless I'm hoping he's not dead. His injured body could be discovered by Damien Darhk or his H.I.V.E. agents, considering the fact that Deadshot worked for their organization.

Avatar image for knightsofdarkness2
    Knightsofdarkness2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wish the shows were actually canon in the DCEU except Arrow since they already used up almost half of Batman's rogue gallery.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.