Follow

Barry Allen

Character » Barry Allen appears in 5077 issues.

Having discovered his mother murdered and his father blamed for the act, forensic scientist Barry Allen sought to clear his father's name and find the real killer. After being doused in chemicals and struck by lightning, Barry was granted the gift of super-speed. Now he protects his hometown of Central City as The Flash, the fastest man alive and founding member of the Justice League.

Flash Reading List

xfactor26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By xfactor26

Hi,

I am interested in starting to read the Flash books but I have no idea where to start or what order I should take in reading the books. Any suggestions?

Imagine_Man15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Imagine_Man15

The New 52 series is a good place to start, its very accessible to new readers.

2chimcha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By 2chimcha3

I don't read Flash but I think that you should read from issue 1 of the New 52. Then from there you can branch out to pre new 52 stuff.

xfactor26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By xfactor26

I am interested in pre-new 52.

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By jwalser3

@xfactor26:Flash: The Fastest Man Alive is good IMO. Or Flash 1-6, part of the Brightest day event. Then Flashpoint I really liked too, I would recommend them. But The new 52 is good, so while you pick up one of those I listed, pick up some New 52 Flash as well lol.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.