Follow

Bane

Character » Bane appears in 1056 issues.

Born sentenced to life in prison for the crimes of his father, the boy who would be come Bane learned that the strong survive, and the strongest become king. Forging himself into the pinnacle of physical and mental potential and becoming "king" of his prison, he learned of the Batman, "king" of Gotham City . Escaping and studying his quarry, Bane challenged and defeated Batman, becoming known as "The Man Who Broke the Bat".

YES DC HAS LOST IT'S MIND

• 53 results
    entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By entropy_aegis
    No Caption Provided
    entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By entropy_aegis

You’ve never seen Bane versus Batman like this before! Since the start of this best-selling series, Bane has been dragging The Dark Knight through a twisted terrain of horror and fear – but two can play that game! Don’t miss this shocking issue as Batman pushes himself further than ever to fight against his deepest demons. And what happens to The Flash and Poison Ivy? Pick up BATMAN: THE DARK KNIGHT #7 to find out!

Yeah,with Finch's perfect record at writing fight scenes' I'm sure we'll get a blast(Batman vs Croc,Batman vs One-face).Look at Bane's pipes,gauntlets and that strap on his neck WTF?

Bane wen't from being an anti-Batman,evil Doc Savage to being a genius version of Killer Croc.Congrats Finch/Jenkins.

RazzaTazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1887

User Lists: 79

#3  Edited By RazzaTazz

Looks all right

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
    Ha, I am by no means pleased by the direction and the entrusting of the character to this specific creative team, but, at the end of the day, we've only seen a couple of covers and read two solicitations. Let's wait a couple of months and if it's indeed poorly executed, then we can complain together.
    entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By entropy_aegis
    No Caption Provided

@RazzaTazz said:

Looks all right

I beg to differ

Hawkeye446

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#6  Edited By Hawkeye446

@Morpheus_ said:

Ha, I am by no means pleased by the direction and the entrusting of the character to this specific creative team, but, at the end of the day, we've only seen a couple of covers and read two solicitations. Let's wait a couple of months and if it's indeed poorly executed, then we can complain together.

Haha - QFT!

RazzaTazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1887

User Lists: 79

#7  Edited By RazzaTazz
    @entropy_aegis: I thought you were touting it sorry, anyway I am reading B:TDK so I will probably end up reading it either way
    entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By entropy_aegis

@Morpheus_ said:

That's too long,I wanna bash someone LOL.

Did you see the Deathstroke solicits? looks like Legacy is the new Wade Defarge.Talon looked beaten on the Batman cover and Nobody vs Batman round 2.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By cattlebattle

That is what he looked like in Arkham City/ Asylum.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By entropy_aegis

@cattlebattle said:

Yeah,and that's why it sucks.Arkham Asylum/City Bane was lame.

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
    @entropy_aegis said:

@Morpheus_ said:

That's too long,I wanna bash someone LOL.

Did you see the Deathstroke solicits? looks like Legacy is the new Wade Defarge.Talon looked beaten on the Batman cover and Nobody vs Batman round 2.

Yeah, I read through all the solicitations. I'm rather tired of Legacy already, though. The concept behind the character is alright but the design and mostly the execution of said concept haven't been so good to see him still being the focal point of the book come # 7.

I'm excited about Nobody vs Batman, Grifter vs Midnighter and Helspont vs Superman.
    Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#12  Edited By Magian

He stayed in Gamma radiation too much if you ask me lol So many muscles.

@Morpheus_ said:

Helspont vs Superman.

???

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
    @ComicMan24 said:

@Morpheus_ said:

Helspont vs Superman.

???

No Caption Provided
    doordoor123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#14  Edited By doordoor123

@entropy_aegis said:

No Caption Provided

@RazzaTazz said:

Looks all right

I beg to differ

No offense but this version of the character looks like he just came from a gay dominatrix bar. The new design looks more "militaristic"

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Magian

@Morpheus_:That looks good. When is it going to happen?

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By cattlebattle
    @entropy_aegis said:

@cattlebattle said:

Yeah, I guess he was just a mindless brick enemy, However, its not unheard of that the characters take on traits physically or personality wise from whatever is popular in their media...its a ploy to appease new fans, for instance if a movie is popular they will change the way a character looks sometimes...

Bane maybe have future alterations due to the movie next year...I read somewhere its possible he is some inspirational cancer survivor or some craziness
    morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
    @ComicMan24 said:

@Morpheus_:That looks good. When is it going to happen?

Superman # 7, this March.
    Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Magian

@Morpheus_:Cool, thanks.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By entropy_aegis

@cattlebattle said:

@entropy_aegis said:

@cattlebattle said:

Yeah, I guess he was just a mindless brick enemy, However, its not unheard of that the characters take on traits physically or personality wise from whatever is popular in their media...its a ploy to appease new fans, for instance if a movie is popular they will change the way a character looks sometimes... Bane maybe have future alterations due to the movie next year...I read somewhere its possible he is some inspirational cancer survivor or some craziness

I have no concerns about Nolan's TDKR.@doordoor123 said:

No Caption Provided

@entropy_aegis said:

@RazzaTazz said:

Looks all right

I beg to differ

No offense but this version of the character looks like he just came from a gay dominatrix bar. The new design looks more "militaristic"

This version of the character is the version of the creators,Nolan's Bane is militaristic,Dixon gave him a militaristic costume as well in BOP.I think a smart mercenary would much rather wear this over having crappy tubes sticking out of his head or wearing a lame strap on his neck.

Finch's design is far cry from militaristic.It's an insult to militants and mercs.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By entropy_aegis

@Morpheus_:

What's a Helspont?

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#21  Edited By TDK_1997

The cover looks cool,but if it is like the the three issues that already went out,I won't pick it up.

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
    @entropy_aegis said:

@Morpheus_:

What's a Helspont?

A WS character with a visually striking design who can give Majestic a run for his money.
    CATPANEXE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#23  Edited By CATPANEXE

I like Banes hardened nipple. Where can I find a poster of this glorious art for my wall (two, my mother will enjoy this as well)?

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By entropy_aegis

@Morpheus_ said:

@entropy_aegis said:

@Morpheus_:

What's a Helspont?

A WS character with a visually striking design who can give Majestic a run for his money.

Oh,should be fun.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a4e0e8ea3dfb
    deactivated-5a4e0e8ea3dfb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

One of the things I was hoping the revamp would change is the Mr. Hyde-esque transformations Venom does to the user because its a very outdated and rather ridiculous concept. I can understand that some bulking up would occur, but not growing an additional 2-3 feet in height and gaining a Hulk like physique.

Also was hoping they would drop the tubes and back device from Bane's look and go with something a bit closer to a Captain America concept where Bane's injection of Venom was so great (slight origin change where all the blood in his body was slowly mixed with Venom so that the process would be permanent or something) that the effects for him are permanent but he requires regular injections through a small port in the base of his skull (again no tubes or back device he just inserts a canister into the port until its drained) to maintain his maximum strength levels as well as his sanity so he doesn't suffer from withdrawals. Look-wise I would have made him 7 feet tall as a result and his attire is closer to the Nolan film in the sense that he looks like a member of a guerilla military with a trench coat and his trademark mask. That way you get maintain the amazing physical abilities that Bane is known for but also can visually see that he is a military tactician and thus can also compete with Batman on an intellectual level.

This revamp design seems heavily inspired by the Arkham Asylum/City games and doesn't visually suggest to me that this is a guy that Ra's Al Ghul thought was as worthy a heir to his position as Batman.

super_psycho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By super_psycho

@RazzaTazz said:

Looks all right

DC has ruined Bane

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
    @ltbrd said:

One of the things I was hoping the revamp would change is the Mr. Hyde-esque transformations Venom does to the user because its a very outdated and rather ridiculous concept. I can understand that some bulking up would occur, but not growing an additional 2-3 feet in height and gaining a Hulk like physique.

Also was hoping they would drop the tubes and back device from Bane's look and go with something a bit closer to a Captain America concept where Bane's injection of Venom was so great (slight origin change where all the blood in his body was slowly mixed with Venom so that the process would be permanent or something) that the effects for him are permanent but he requires regular injections through a small port in the base of his skull (again no tubes or back device he just inserts a canister into the port until its drained) to maintain his maximum strength levels as well as his sanity so he doesn't suffer from withdrawals. Look-wise I would have made him 7 feet tall as a result and his attire is closer to the Nolan film in the sense that he looks like a member of a guerilla military with a trench coat and his trademark mask. That way you get maintain the amazing physical abilities that Bane is known for but also can visually see that he is a military tactician and thus can also compete with Batman on an intellectual level.

This revamp design seems heavily inspired by the Arkham Asylum/City games and doesn't visually suggest to me that this is a guy that Ra's Al Ghul thought was as worthy a heir to his position as Batman.

Good post. And it's nice to see someone reference Bane of the Demon.

@entropy_aegis said:

@Morpheus_ said:

@entropy_aegis said:

@Morpheus_:

What's a Helspont?

Oh,should be fun.

Buckshot is practically giddy about it.
    entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By entropy_aegis

@ltbrd said:

Brilliant post.

This guy has better ideas than the creative team of TDK.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#29  Edited By Saren

@entropy_aegis said:

@Morpheus_:

What's a Helspont?

lol

Why is the word "Finch" stamped over Bane's left nipple?

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#30  Edited By Saren

And by the way entropy, Croc's intellect is vastly underrated. Just ask Roy Harper.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#31  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Bane sucks.

MrUnknown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 8

#32  Edited By MrUnknown

What does this issue have to do with the Flash and Poison Ivy? *confused*

super_psycho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By super_psycho

@MrUnknown: Batman is going after ivy and he called flash for help.

MrUnknown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By MrUnknown

@super_psycho: Isn't Ivy on the good side now? And, I thought Batman never calls for help...

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#35  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@Vance Astro said:

Bane sucks.

Troll.

super_psycho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By super_psycho

@MrUnknown said:

@super_psycho: Isn't Ivy on the good side now? And, I thought Batman never calls for help...

Well, i don't know what flash is doing in gotham right now..Batman called flash for when he was trapped under the body of clayface and wasn't able to move..

he doesn't trust BOP

MrUnknown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By MrUnknown

@super_psycho: So now Batman is going to confront Ivy who looks like she might be around Damian's age. Some of these reboot ideas are fail.

Video_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Video_Martian

@Vance Astro said:

Bane sucks.

lol

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By entropy_aegis

@k4tzm4n said:

@Vance Astro said:

Bane sucks.

Troll.

LOL

Avatar image for vampireselektor
    VampireSelektor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By VampireSelektor

Finch made Bane look a lot like Astaroth from Soul Calibur.

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#41  Edited By Nighthunter

Meh this book sucks anyway. Then again every single one of the other bat titles is quite good so I can happily ignore this one

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#42  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

WHOA WHOA WHOA!! what happened to the half naked girl in the bunny costume????...i hardly knew thee...

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By entropy_aegis

@Nighthunter said:

Meh this book sucks anyway. Then again every single one of the other bat titles is quite good so I can happily ignore this one

Agreed,thankfully Gleeson's depiction of Bane in Batman and Robin was so different that it made me hopeful that this is'nt Bane's actual redesign,just Finch's.

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
    @entropy_aegis said:

Gleeson's depiction of Bane in Batman and Robin

?!

Got to run and read # 4.
    entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By entropy_aegis

@Morpheus_ said:

@entropy_aegis said:

Gleeson's depiction of Bane in Batman and Robin

?!

Got to run and read # 4.

Only his face,LOL should have been more clear.

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
    @entropy_aegis: LOL, well, I have to read # 4, anyway.
    MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#47  Edited By MrDirector786

@entropy_aegis said:

No Caption Provided

When I first saw this image, I thought Batman was fighting some kind of circus freak because of all the tubes coming out of his head... and then I learn that it's Bane....

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By entropy_aegis

@MrDirector786 said:

@entropy_aegis said:

No Caption Provided

When I first saw this image, I thought Batman was fighting some kind of circus freak because of all the tubes coming out of his head... and then I learn that it's Bane....

LOL

jrock85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By jrock85

@entropy_aegis: Apparently I was a little too optimistic. LOL

I guess the best we can hope for now is that another writer will get their hands on Bane and restore him to the one we all know and love (maybe I'm still being too optimistic).

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By entropy_aegis

@jrock85 said:

@entropy_aegis: Apparently I was a little too optimistic. LOL

I guess the best we can hope for now is that another writer will get their hands on Bane and restore him to the one we all know and love (maybe I'm still being too optimistic).

Yeah I'm hopeful Tomasi,Snyder or Simone will handle him at some point,having watched the trailer and prologue of TDKR this makes me angrier.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.