Follow

Bane

Character » Bane appears in 1056 issues.

Born sentenced to life in prison for the crimes of his father, the boy who would be come Bane learned that the strong survive, and the strongest become king. Forging himself into the pinnacle of physical and mental potential and becoming "king" of his prison, he learned of the Batman, "king" of Gotham City . Escaping and studying his quarry, Bane challenged and defeated Batman, becoming known as "The Man Who Broke the Bat".

It's official: I'm intimidated [Prologue talk]

RainEffect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By RainEffect

Just came back from seeing Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol in IMAX. I won't lie, I saw it PURELY because of the 6 minute prologue that came with it. I was fully ready to just walk out of the cinema after that ... well, after the chills had stopped and I could move again. HOLY CRAP.

I have to say, for all the whinging and whining about how 'small' Tom Hardy is, I was sufficiently intimidated. He's bigger than Christian Bale, he's bigger than Batman in the suit and he's damn well intimidating. I actually thought about him coming into contact with Batman and it made me realise - that scene where Batman backs down from Bane? It suddenly makes a lot more sense. I'd freaking cower like a puppy with this guy just stomping right up to you. 

As someone who isn't particularly fond of Bane (not from 'I hate his character' standpoint, but a purely 'he's a vicious bastard' standpoint), I'll happily admit, I'm afraid.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By InnerVenom123

"LOL NO HE ISN'T, GET A PRO WRESTLER TO PLAY HIM"

Fan-casts have been, and always will be, based on pure appearances only and never have any bearing on reality.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#3  Edited By Mercy_

@InnerVenom123 said:

Fan-casts have been, and always will be, based on pure appearances only and never have any bearing on reality.

QFUT.

jrock85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By jrock85

@InnerVenom123 said:

RainEffect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By RainEffect

I'm also a big fan of his voice. It doesn't make him sound like a mindless brute, but rather, makes him sound like a cunning psychopath which, lo and behold, isn't far from his comic-book self.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#6  Edited By entropy_aegis

@InnerVenom123 said:

LOL

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By cattlebattle

The Fire Rises!!!!

comicsanity016

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By comicsanity016

@Edamame: It'll be interesting to see. Epic battle for sure.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.