Follow

Avengers

Team » Avengers appears in 7694 issues.

The Avengers are Earth's mightiest heroes and foremost super-team... "There came a day, a day unlike any other, when Earth's mightiest heroes found themselves united against a common threat. On that day, the Avengers were born - to fight the foes no single super hero could withstand! Heed the call, then - for now, the Avengers Assemble!"

You're favorite Avengers run and why

Jknox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Jknox

I don't read Avengers (yet) but would like to. I know Bendis gets alot of hate...I love his Ultimate Spider-Man though. What's your favorite Avengers run?

Typo in the title. Should be your not you're.

Avatar image for thegodofthunder
    TheGodofThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hickman's current run is awesome.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

got to go with Hickman

Bendis's run started off with a lot of great potential and I think that it would be looked at more favorably if it had ended sooner and the events that it led to had been handled better....Secret Invasion could have been something amazing but it ultimately fell flat

Avatar image for deactivated-5fbfd5d291164
    deactivated-5fbfd5d291164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

User Lists: 7

Thomas.

PAAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Read the Kurt Busiek run. He is the best modern Avengers writer.

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
    oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#6  Edited By oldnightcrawler

@jknox said:

I don't read Avengers (yet) but would like to. I know Bendis gets alot of hate...I love his Ultimate Spider-Man though. What's your favorite Avengers run?

Marvel Super Heroes Secret Wars (#1-12, 1984). This was the first Avengers comic I read, and while it is quite dated now and pretty obviously meant for kids, it's still a great introduction to most of the main Avengers characters.

Earth's Mightiest Heroes (#1-8, 2006) and Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes II (#1-8, 2007). Set during the first few years of the original 60's series, these two miniseries do a great job of making sense of some of the often baffling character motivations of the time, believably explaining why certain characters either sought out or were granted membership in the first place.

New Avengers (vol.1, #1-10, 2005). This book took the Avengers back to being a real all-star cast for the first time in years, and features the kind of bickering, Breakfast Club character interactions that made the Avengers great in the first place. This is what some people don't like about Bendis and what other people love.

House of M (#1-8, 2005) and Civil War (#1-7, 2006) were two of the best Avengers stories that Bendis wrote, but they hold up a lot better if you just read the miniseries themselves and don't worry about the dozens of tie-in books that really only served to water the stories down.

Dan Slott's run of The Mighty Avengers (vol.1, #21- #34, 2009). This is just one of the strongest, strangest, most character-driven Avengers runs of them all. While it might not be ideal for a beginner, it's definitely one I think is worth getting around to once you feel like you have a grasp of the team.

Uncanny Avengers (#1-22, 2012-present). Starting after the events of Avengers vs. X-Men, this book is an epic. Possibly the most epic and relevant Avengers series in years.

Mighty Avengers (vol.3, #1-12, 2013-present). Just great character-driven Avengers stories, this book sees Luke Cage once again form his own team of Avengers and reveals some great secret histories of the Marvel Universe. One of the best books on the shelf at the moment.

Quickfingers26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oldnightcrawler: Superb post! I'm going to go hunting for Earth Mightiest Heroes now. Thanks for sharing!

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
    oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.