Follow

Avengers

Team » Avengers appears in 7701 issues.

The Avengers are Earth's mightiest heroes and foremost super-team... "There came a day, a day unlike any other, when Earth's mightiest heroes found themselves united against a common threat. On that day, the Avengers were born - to fight the foes no single super hero could withstand! Heed the call, then - for now, the Avengers Assemble!"

Who is the New Adam?

maddpanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By maddpanda

In the description to Marvel NOW!'s Avengers #3, it says "witness the birth of the New Adam!". Who's this "New Adam"? Who's the "Old Adam"? I'm just wondering if perhaps anyone knows? Maybe Adam Warlock is coming back?

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
    V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By V_Scarlotte_Rose

@maddpanda said:

In the description to Marvel NOW!'s Avengers #3, it says "witness the birth of the New Adam!". Who's this "New Adam"? Who's the "Old Adam"? I'm just wondering if perhaps anyone knows? Maybe Adam Warlock is coming back?

I think it's maybe a reference to Adam from the Bible. The team of villains are called 'The Garden'(like the Garden Of Eden?), and the leader, Ex Nihilo, believes himself to be a god. They plan on destroying everything on Earth, and remaking everything in a way that suits them(which is kinda like god sending the floods to wipe everyone out to start again, the Noahs Ark story).

I think 'The New Adam' must be the first person The Garden creates to live on their new version of Earth.

kid Apollo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By kid Apollo

i think the 'old adam' could be Adam Warlocke, he was artificially created to be the 'perfect' human being. but i dont think theyre bringing him back. i have a feeling this 'new Adam' will be 'born' and by the end of the arc he'll join up with the new Avengers army Cap and IM are putting together. the roster still has 6 spots open, and from the additions you can assume that the last 6 are gonna be pretty powerful. if he is the 'perfect human' then theoretically he should be on par with the likes of Hyperion, Captains Marvel and Universe and Smasher.

Lordhuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Lordhuck

I am hoping this could be Marvel version of DC's Captain Comet. 

Not just a perfect version of a current human like Captain America or Black Panther. 

A Perfect version of what humans could be 100,000 years in the future.  Not a Mutant, but an evolved human.

Veitha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Veitha

After reading this issue I was a bit disappointed... I expected something more

Lordhuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Lordhuck

Well "Adam" told Tony that his name is Blackveil.

gravitypress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By gravitypress

Adam Warlock perhaps that guy is reborn all the time.

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#8  Edited By fodigg

His name is "Adam Summers" and he's the new mutant messiah!

maddpanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By maddpanda

Holy cow, it's NightMask!!

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#10  Edited By Teerack

I bet it's Adam Warlock! Especially considering how they had Ex Nihilo in the infinity teaser a few weeks ago. And every infinity event has Adam Warlock twisted into the story as much as Thanos is.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.