Follow

Avengers

Team » Avengers appears in 7703 issues.

The Avengers are Earth's mightiest heroes and foremost super-team... "There came a day, a day unlike any other, when Earth's mightiest heroes found themselves united against a common threat. On that day, the Avengers were born - to fight the foes no single super hero could withstand! Heed the call, then - for now, the Avengers Assemble!"

What do you want to see in the avengers 2 movie.

Avatar image for deactivated-6318083af35cc
    deactivated-6318083af35cc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Personally I want to see Captain America lift the mjolnir.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By cattlebattle

Batman

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By Gambit1024

I want the stakes raised. I want to feel like the threat is actually capable of doing harm to the team. I loved the first one (one of my favorite comic book films of all time), but Loki was extremely incompetent.

xxxddd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#4  Edited By xxxddd

@cattlebattle said:

Batman

NO.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By cattlebattle
    @xxxddd said:

@cattlebattle said:

Batman

NO.

Robin then??
    judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By judasnixon

M.O.D.O.K. and A.I.M. even if it's just for a throw away scene.....

No Caption Provided
    xxxddd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By xxxddd

@cattlebattle said:

Robin then??

Leave this thread.

Avatar image for spinningbirdcake
    spinningbirdcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By spinningbirdcake

@Gambit1024 said:

I want the stakes raised. I want to feel like the threat is actually capable of doing harm to the team. I loved the first one (one of my favorite comic book films of all time), but Loki was extremely incompetent.

If Thanos is the villain I don't think that will be an issue. I'm confident Marvel will get his power levels right and have him stomp the Avengers the first time they fight.

darth_omega_47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By darth_omega_47

since Thanos does appear after the credits, its obvious that he will be curbstomping the Avengers into paste. I would like to see all the heros in this one....MARVEL comics heroes not DC. what the hell is Batman gonna do? throw a bataring at Thanos?

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By cattlebattle
    @xxxddd said:

@cattlebattle said:

Robin then??

Leave this thread.

Alfred at least.
    Dreadmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By Dreadmaster

@darth_omega_47 said:

what the hell is Batman gonna do? throw a bataring at Thanos?

He's gonna dodge his Omega Beams. Duh.

kuma_far

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By kuma_far

I want some villain on hero action, like Masters of Evil recruited by what remains from the Villains in phase 2 and leave Thanos for Avengers 3....

I could go for Ultron, but Thanos seems a little bit to big for the team...

Avatar image for shadowswordmaster
    ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 13

Black Panther

xxxddd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By xxxddd

Wendell Vaughn

Carol Danvers

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
    V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15  Edited By V_Scarlotte_Rose

Another woman on the team. One with powers this time.

Carol Danvers preferably.

Avatar image for deactivated-611928878d365
    deactivated-611928878d365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Red Skull could arrive back from Asgard with Enchantress and Executioner, they free Abomination and some other villains

Avatar image for thegodofthunder
    TheGodofThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By TheGodofThunder

Thanos to beat the hell out of hulk. Captain showing why he is the leader of the team.

Avatar image for thegodofthunder
    TheGodofThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By TheGodofThunder

Also a godblast, but don't call it a godblast, lol

dangallant984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#19  Edited By dangallant984

@judasnixon said:

M.O.D.O.K. and A.I.M. even if it's just for a throw away scene.....
    No Caption Provided

Yes! I will accept any amount of this!!

@V_Scarlotte_Rose said:

Carol's my number one choice, but I'd be just as happy to see the Wasp.

it's too bad we probably won't get to see Monica or She-Hulk; that would be too boss!

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Veshark

Masters of Evil. After the alien invasion, the next villain should be a counterpart team. Plus, with all the villains introduced in the new movies, there are lots of choices. Crossbones, Malekith, or older ones like the Abomination.

Another female. We need more ladies in the team. Captain/Ms. Marvel is a prime contender, and possibly the Scarlet Witch (no idea if Marvel owns the rights to her though).

A non-white. Yes, Thor is Asgardian and Hulk is green, but the team is basically all-Caucasian. We need Black Panther up in this here.

More Hawkeye. He got the least screen time and characterization in Avengers. Also, he needs his current Marvel Now costume with the purple arrow.

More of Cap. Cap's combat feats were kind of weaksauce in the first movie. Taking the Chitauri burst to the gut, needing IM's help to secure Loki, FAILING TO SHOOT A SINGLE MIND-CONTROLLED GUARD WITH AN ASSAULT RIFLE.

Less buildup. With the origin story out of the way, I'm hoping for a more tightly-knit story with greater depth and characterization. Avengers was great, but the beginning buildup was slow and the pacing felt off.

Avengers Tower. It was teased at the end of the movie.

"Avengers Assemble". Easily the biggest disappointment of the first movie. We need this second time around, and Cap should be screaming it!

NO THANOS YET.

krspaceT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

#21  Edited By krspaceT

@Veshark said:

Masters of Evil. After the alien invasion, the next villain should be a counterpart team. Plus, with all the villains introduced in the new movies, there are lots of choices. Crossbones, Malekith, or older ones like the Abomination. (Sounds neat)

Another female. We need more ladies in the team. Captain/Ms. Marvel is a prime contender, and possibly the Scarlet Witch (no idea if Marvel owns the rights to her though). (They do actually, though they can't actually say she's a mutant if they do or can't bring up her father)

A non-white. Yes, Thor is Asgardian and Hulk is green, but the team is basically all-Caucasian. We need Black Panther up in this here. (Fury?)

More Hawkeye. He got the least screen time and characterization in Avengers. Also, he needs his current Marvel Now costume with the purple arrow. (eh....)

More of Cap. Cap's combat feats were kind of weaksauce in the first movie. Taking the Chitauri burst to the gut, needing IM's help to secure Loki, FAILING TO SHOOT A SINGLE MIND-CONTROLLED GUARD WITH AN ASSAULT RIFLE. (I think he was sufficient)

Less buildup. With the origin story out of the way, I'm hoping for a more tightly-knit story with greater depth and characterization. Avengers was great, but the beginning buildup was slow and the pacing felt off. (It still delivered)

Avengers Tower. It was teased at the end of the movie. (That is end scene material)

"Avengers Assemble". Easily the biggest disappointment of the first movie. We need this second time around, and Cap should be screaming it! (It would be a good trailer scene)

NO THANOS YET. At this I shrug

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By V_Scarlotte_Rose

@dangallant984 said:

@V_Scarlotte_Rose said:

Carol's my number one choice, but I'd be just as happy to see the Wasp.

it's too bad we probably won't get to see Monica or She-Hulk; that would be too boss!

She-Hulk could be a possibility in a later film though, but Avengers 2 will be too soon. She'd probably have to appear in a Hulk film first. Monica would be cool, but I'm not sure if she's well know enough. I'd like to see them though, if possible.

@Veshark said:

Another female. We need more ladies in the team. Captain/Ms. Marvel is a prime contender, and possibly the Scarlet Witch (no idea if Marvel owns the rights to her though).

I think I heard somewhere that they'd be able to use Scarlet Witch, as long as they didn't mention her being related to Magneto, or that she's a mutant, seeing as Fox has the X-Men film rights.

Avatar image for fuchsia_nightingale
    Fuchsia_Nightingale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

Spiderman References

Mycroftian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Mycroftian

@Veshark said:

Masters of Evil. After the alien invasion, the next villain should be a counterpart team. Plus, with all the villains introduced in the new movies, there are lots of choices. Crossbones, Malekith, or older ones like the Abomination.

A non-white. Yes, Thor is Asgardian and Hulk is green, but the team is basically all-Caucasian. We need Black Panther up in this here.

More Hawkeye. He got the least screen time and characterization in Avengers. Also, he needs his current Marvel Now costume with the purple arrow.

More of Cap. Cap's combat feats were kind of weaksauce in the first movie. Taking the Chitauri burst to the gut, needing IM's help to secure Loki, FAILING TO SHOOT A SINGLE MIND-CONTROLLED GUARD WITH AN ASSAULT RIFLE.

Less buildup. With the origin story out of the way, I'm hoping for a more tightly-knit story with greater depth and characterization. Avengers was great, but the beginning buildup was slow and the pacing felt off.

Avengers Tower. It was teased at the end of the movie.

"Avengers Assemble". Easily the biggest disappointment of the first movie. We need this second time around, and Cap should be screaming it!

NO THANOS YET.

I'm okay with the Masters of Evil. So long as they go with a less-hokey name.

Carol and T'Challa are must-haves (we're probably getting the Falcon, too). Also, Marvel does have the rights to use Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver.

More Hawkeye (with a little attitude) would be great.

I'm not sure why everyone gets so upset about that scene with Cap vs Guard. As I remember it (though I admit it's been a while), the guy was holed up in the doorway where Cap couldn't even see him (much less shoot at the guy) and it was Cap's job to stay by the lever, so he laid down some suppressing fire to keep the guard from popping out and shooting at him. Which totally worked, until Cap got unlucky and ended up dangling by that wire. Though I'm totally okay with seeing more of Cap as a bad-ass.

All the rest I'm cool with. No Thanos (or Thanos in a minor role rather than as a prime antagonist) seems like a good move to me, because it's hard to escalate from your main antagonist becoming God. Seriously, where do you go with the inevitable Avengers 3 after that?.

Avatar image for dark_vengeance_
    Dark_Vengeance_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#25  Edited By Dark_Vengeance_

@cattlebattle said:

Batman

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By V_Scarlotte_Rose

Oh. Hawkeye in a more Hawkeye-ish costume. That's something I'd like to see.

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Veshark

Nick Fury, as cool as he is, isn't actually an Avenger - he's more of a supporting character. And yeah, Avengers did deliver, but there's no reason to think that they can't construct a more concise story this time around, with the origin and gathering the team members thing out of the way.

Hmm, good to know. I could live with the mutant part not being outright explained.

Yeah, definitely, if they do bring in the Masters, we need a more intimidating name. The Ultimate universe version is named the Liberators, so there's that. Oh, I totally forgot about Falcon - he'd be cool to have on the team as well.

As for the Captain America scene, I'm not sure about the others, but what really cheesed me off was that Cap didn't even shoot the guy at the end. He spent so long trying to land a shot while the guy continued ducking behind cover, and the soldier was able to shoot off enough rounds that Cap slipped and nearly died. And at the end, it was Iron Man flying in that took the soldier down. I thought this was an uncharacteristically weak showing on Cap's part. By all means he shouldn't have made such a rookie mistake, and one soldier with a rifle should have been a piece of cake. I get that they had to give Cap something to do while IM was fixing the turbine, but it still felt like a poor choice.

I realize I sound like a whiny Cap fanboy, but it really bugged me. It probably didn't help that Chris Evans sorta looked like he had no idea how to hold a rifle - it didn't look at all convincing.

And yeah, save Thanos for Avengers 3.

dangallant984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By dangallant984

@Veshark: @Mycroftian:

Baron Zemo: "..all the world will kneel before us, Captain, for we are your masters!"

Cap': "Masters of evil is all you are... and evil will never win!"

Tony rolls his eyes at Natasha, Clint does face-palm, cue fight scene.

DH69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#29  Edited By DH69

I Would Prefer Kang or Ultron came before Thanos, but can't always get what you so...

Carol Danvers, as an agent, no powers, yet.

Mar-vell, blue skinned version, a peach skinned alien with human feature would honestly be a bit hokey

BLACK PANTHER, **** FALCON.

Skrulls, every baddy has to have henchmen and i can't see any other race working for thanos, although its a movie so what the *** do i know.

Make Thanos bigger, i don't know how big "the other" is in the movie but when they show thanos at the end of the movie he isnt that much bigger than his servent.

Mycroftian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Mycroftian

@dangallant984: Ha! Yeah, I can see that happening. Gotta love Cap and his one-liners straight from the 40s.

My only concern with the Masters of Evil is that it would be hard to introduce/flesh out a big group of villains. Granted, you can set them up in other movies, but they should still be able to shine after they all come together, and when you add a large number of protagonists to a large number of antagonists, someone is definitely not getting enough screentime. Hawkeye was slighted in Avengers, and it seems probable that Avengers 2 will be introducing even more heroes.

dangallant984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By dangallant984

@Mycroftian: They could introduce Zemo in a Cap' movie, the Enchantress, the Wrecker and the Wrecking crew could be established in a Thor movie, power hungry goons Whiplash (maybe this time as Crimson Dynamo) and the Abomination could be brought back from Ironman II and Incredible Hulk; that's pretty formidable right there.

Sadly, they'd probably have to leave out Scorpion, Dr.Octopus, and the Beetle because of their Spiderman affiliation, but there are still great gems like Taskmaster, Madam Masque, Modok, or Klaw (KLAW!!) who could fit in with any of the Avengers or solo movies.

It's a bit like what fox is doing with Days of Future Past; the source material for that has like 20 super-powered characters in it (and the cast for that film seems to be getting quite large), but you can read it in far less than two hours.

I think the Masters could be done well, without too much introduction, if the solo Avengers films are handled decently.

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Veshark

Oh Lord, I hate it when comic-book movies try to sneak in lines that reference the character's name, but don't outright say it. "You wanna be the WAR MACHINE, Rhodey?" "He's an ABOMINATION". Sometimes it works, like in Two-Face's case, but for the most part it's a little cringe-inducing.

Also, not to butt in on your conversation with , but the Masters' membership is an idea that I've been mulling over for some time:

• Baron Zemo (Introduce him in Cap 2 as the son of a WWII foe, seeking to revenge for his father's defeat)
    • Crossbones (Right hand man of Zemo, introduce in Cap 2)
    • Crimson Dynamo (New villain, remodified Whiplash armor from the end of Iron Man 2)
    • The Leader (Samuel Sterns from Hulk, he could be the brains of the operation and later try to overthrow Zemo)
    • Abomination (Still incarcerated post-Hulk, so perfect villain material)
    • Malekith the Accursed (Brings magic to the team, and also supplies an army)

I think it's a pretty well-rounded team, with a leader, a brain, one assassin, two bricks, and one magician. Also there's at least one villain from each of the team's Big 4. The problem is the lack of females. But yeah, like Mycroftian said, there's the issue of too many characters being introduced, but if you take villains from earlier movies, it might be easier.

EDIT: I just thought of a weird way to add a female to the team. Make the Crimson Dynamo's wearer a female. Flirty banter with Stark, anyone?

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

#33  Edited By TDK_1997

Hank Pym and Wasp.

spiderpool94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By spiderpool94

Ant Man's involvement seems to imply Vision and Ultron for the third, this movie I'd like to see Black Panther, Wasp and Baron Zemo. I've heard rumours Red Skull might return as one villain in the sequel, but couldn't tell you if that source was worth trusting

Rumble Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#35  Edited By Rumble Man

Antman / Janet

Major levels of destruction

sunhawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By sunhawk

@Gambit1024: Villain decay

Also I would like to see

Black Panther

Spiderman

Wolverine

Wasp

Antman

Fantastic Four

Rulk

War Machine/Iron Patriot

Hydra

AIM

Dr. Doom

Squirrel Girl

Ms. Marvel

Kree

Super Skrulls

Most can be shown is short scenes or cameos, just to establish that the Avengers take place in the expanded Marvel universe.

MSzekeresh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#37  Edited By MSzekeresh

@spiderpool94:

Unfortunately Hugo Weaving has made it pretty clear that he doesn't want to return to the role. I would like to see him return but it seems unlikely.

Strman123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Strman123

The team needs more fire power if they want to make the movie appeal to the comic lovers. Because we all know that Thor and possibly Hulk are the only two on the team that can do any damage to Thanos. They should add one or two of these

Females:

Wasp

Scarlet Witch

Mockingbird

Monica Raumbeau

Ms. Marvel

Spiderwoman

And at least one of these:

Black Panther (important)

Falcon (important)

War Machine (important)

Quicksilver (makes team more versatile)

Vision (makes team more versatile)

Wonderman

Ant-man (because of his future movie)

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By THORSON

@cattlebattle said:

Batman

YUCK!

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By THORSON

ANOTHER HULK THOR FIGHT

THANOS WREAKING HAVOK IN ASGARD

THANOS AND THE IG

I HOPE MY THEORY IS RIGHT THAT LOKI PURPOSELY LOST, IN ORDER FOR HIM TO ALLOW THANOS INTO ASGARD

VERSATILE THOR

THOR SAVES THE DAY

Cutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos would be great at the Avengers 2, I really want to see a big time kick ass with Hulk and Thanos. NOW...if they're already planning to make an Avengers 3...I would like to see the Avengers with The Masters of Evil...with Baron Zimo in it of course. Now THAT would be a really good movie.

SilverPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By SilverPool

Definitely Black Panther, a good story, and some hints at Thanos coming in Avengers 3.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.