Follow

Avengers

Team » Avengers appears in 7693 issues.

The Avengers are Earth's mightiest heroes and foremost super-team... "There came a day, a day unlike any other, when Earth's mightiest heroes found themselves united against a common threat. On that day, the Avengers were born - to fight the foes no single super hero could withstand! Heed the call, then - for now, the Avengers Assemble!"

Ultimate Comics Avengers #1 Reviewed

• 57 results
    gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

With Ultimatum destroying just about everything and everyone in the Ultimate Universe, what's left to write about?  Taking place three weeks after Utlimatum, we see the beginning of the Ultimate " Avengers."  For a first issue, you have to have something big happen, right?  We do sort of get that.  Where will this lead to?  I suppose we'll all have to read the series to find out.

What did you think?  Did you feel this was a good new direction to take the characters in?  Who do you think will be on the "Avengers"?  Will it be former Ultimates members or will it be Nick's 'black ops' team?  What other characters would you like to see in this book?
    Tmul501

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#1  Edited By Tmul501

Awesome! I was hoping you'd review at least one of the new Ultimate Comics lines. Gracias!

I think I agree, with you. I  might give it a 4 out of 5. It's Millar, It's Ultimate Cap. I'm happy. I wasn't really shocked by the revelation at the end because Millar said that's what was going to happen in a bunch of interviews. I also remember reading somewhere that Millar said that Ultimate Cap is getting weaker. This was quite a while ago so I'm not sure If I can find a reference but I think that is something to take into consideration. And I've heard a lot of people don't like Ultimate Hawkeye, but I think he's awesome. He's becoming one of my favorite characters.

Drafta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Drafta

Hahaha.  I love your face at the end.

FoxxFireArt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#3  Edited By FoxxFireArt

Oh Lord!. Please, tell me he doesn't say, "I am your father.".

Tmul501

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Tmul501
    @FoxxFireArt said:
    " Oh Lord!. Please, tell me he doesn't say, "I am your father.". "
    HAHA, close!
    Citizen 14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Citizen 14

I thought it was good. I was kinda confused because this is the first "Ultimate" comic I've read, but I still really liked it. The "big" surprise sorta shocked me. 
    I love the cover and the art inside.
    I'd give it a 3.5 outa 5. It felt a little short to me, though.

Tmul501

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Tmul501
    @Citizen 14: I agree. This one definitely felt very short to me.
    gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By gmanfromheck

As I mentioned, I was close to giving it a 4 just because it was Ulitmate Cap and Ultimate Hawkeye.  I'm not sure how I feel about Red Skull.  I wasn't expecting that announcement.  I try to avoid the spoilery interviews.  It is a little cliche but could prove interesting. 

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#8  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

I enjoyed this issue,  Mark Millar is one of the biggest reasons I'm reading comics today, when I was getting into comics I picked up Ultimates Vol.1 and I was hooked, the action, the story, and the way it felt like these characters were living in our world and not (616). I liked the issue, to me it was a quick read because it was mostly action, but I didn't mind only having two main characters just in the book, I liked how Cap and Hawkeye spoke and wokred together, and Millar's writing is always amazing to me, plus I'm a huge Ultimates fan. The thing I'm trying to figure out is that from what I've been hearing is that this isn't going to be the same team every 6 part arcs and what I wondering is that we have both USM and Ultimate Avengers, but what happened to Jeph Loebs "New Ultimates"(or what ever he's going to call it)? 

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By gmanfromheck
    @War Killer said:
    " I enjoyed this issue,  Mark Millar is one of the biggest reasons I'm reading comics today, when I was getting into comics I picked up Ultimates Vol.1 and I was hooked, the action, the story, and the way it felt like these characters were living in our world and not (616). I liked the issue, to me it was a quick read because it was mostly action, but I didn't mind only having two main characters just in the book, I liked how Cap and Hawkeye spoke and wokred together, and Millar's writing is always amazing to me, plus I'm a huge Ultimates fan. The thing I'm trying to figure out is that from what I've been hearing is that this isn't going to be the same team every 6 part arcs and what I wondering is that we have both USM and Ultimate Avengers, but what happened to Jeph Loebs "New Ultimates"(or what ever he's going to call it)?  "
    Since I haven't read any interviews, I wonder if this "Avengers" will be Nick Fury's black ops team.  Or if they're working closely with SHIELD, maybe that's whey they're going by Avengers rather than Ultimates.
    King Quisling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By King Quisling

I thought the twist was kinda.....cheesy. Will not be reading the rest of this series.

FoxxFireArt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#11  Edited By FoxxFireArt
    @Tmul501: 
    Brother?
    Father's, brother's, nephew's, cousin's, former room mate ? (Anyone remember that line?) lol
    TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
    @G-Man said:
    " @War Killer said:
    " I enjoyed this issue,  Mark Millar is one of the biggest reasons I'm reading comics today, when I was getting into comics I picked up Ultimates Vol.1 and I was hooked, the action, the story, and the way it felt like these characters were living in our world and not (616). I liked the issue, to me it was a quick read because it was mostly action, but I didn't mind only having two main characters just in the book, I liked how Cap and Hawkeye spoke and wokred together, and Millar's writing is always amazing to me, plus I'm a huge Ultimates fan. The thing I'm trying to figure out is that from what I've been hearing is that this isn't going to be the same team every 6 part arcs and what I wondering is that we have both USM and Ultimate Avengers, but what happened to Jeph Loebs "New Ultimates"(or what ever he's going to call it)?  "
    Since I haven't read any interviews, I wonder if this "Avengers" will be Nick Fury's black ops team.  Or if they're working closely with SHIELD, maybe that's whey they're going by Avengers rather than Ultimates. "
    Yeah, I was wondering if they are even going to cal themselfs the Avengers in the book, and if this is the "New" Ultimates book and that Loeb won't be returning
    Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By Captain13

Either Cap and Skull are now brothers or Skull is Cap's clone.
    Guess I'll have to read the issue to find out.

Tmul501

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Tmul501
    @G-Man said:
    " @War Killer said:
    Since I haven't read any interviews, I wonder if this "Avengers" will be Nick Fury's black ops team.  Or if they're working closely with SHIELD, maybe that's whey they're going by Avengers rather than Ultimates. "
    Yeah, I know Loeb's New Ultimates is supposed to be the group book that handles the big baddies and has a public persona. I curious to see what develops with the "other  
    avenger" that appears in this book.
    Tmul501

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Tmul501
    @FoxxFireArt said:
    " @Tmul501: 
    Brother?
    Father's, brother's, nephew's, cousin's, former room mate ? (Anyone remember that line?) lol "
    Space Balls! You'll have to read it to find out which it is though.
    TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
    @Tmul501 said:
    " @G-Man said:
    " @War Killer said:
    Yeah, I know Loeb's New Ultimates is supposed to be the group book that handles the big baddies and has a public persona. I curious to see what develops with the "other   avenger" that appears in this book. "
    Yeah, I read in a intreview on I think it was IGN.com a few months ago and they had some preview art that had the Ultimates in Asgard fighting Ultimate Loki and I'm still trying to figure out if Loebs book is even still in the works
    TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
    @Captain13 said:
    "Either Cap and Skull are now brothers or Skull is Cap's clone. Guess I'll have to read the issue to find out. "
    Read the issue and you'll be really suprised, I was when I found out
    Tmul501

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Tmul501
    @War Killer said:
    " @Tmul501 said:
    " @G-Man said:
    " @War Killer said:
    Yeah, I know Loeb's New Ultimates is supposed to be the group book that handles the big baddies and has a public persona. I curious to see what develops with the "other   avenger" that appears in this book. "
    Yeah, I read in a intreview on I think it was IGN.com a few months ago and they had some preview art that had the Ultimates in Asgard fighting Ultimate Loki and I'm still trying to figure out if Loebs book is even still in the works "
    It is, Frank Cho is doing the art work. I've seen some of it. It looks amazing, but it doesn't necessarily fit in with the rest of the ultimate universe. I think in Marvel Spotlight they discuss it in quite a bit of detail (i haven't read it, but I overheard someone talking about it).
    burr787

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#19  Edited By burr787

I thought the twist was stupid but it could lead up to something good. Overall it was a pretty good issue even though most of it was just a helicopter ride.

vaage-aina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By vaage-aina

hahahaha the end was totally wierd. ultimates really took a liberal take on that one.....i wonder what red skull 616 would think if he met this counterpart....hahahahahhaha

DH69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By DH69

i was happy with how this issue turned out, although its not hard to say this is an improvement when compared to ultimatum. it didnt really have enough dialog for me though i would have prefered it to be about 35-40 pages since its a first issue for a new series, but i cant really complain they packed enough in the 23 or so pages to make it enjoyable. the only thing that got my goat was the red skulls little comment to cap, and the lack of other avenger members. other that that it was a good start to something i hope will redeem the ultimate franchise 

but once again ultimate stark seriously made me wish 616 tony would go back to being a drunken whore monger, instead of a sober whore monger
    MJ Styles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By MJ Styles

HAHA.  I loved the music during the scene where Red Skull whispers into Cap's ear.  HA.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
    @Tmul501 said:
    " @War Killer said:
    " @Tmul501 said:
    " @G-Man said:
    " @War Killer said:
    Yeah, I read in a intreview on I think it was IGN.com a few months ago and they had some preview art that had the Ultimates in Asgard fighting Ultimate Loki and I'm still trying to figure out if Loebs book is even still in the works "
    It is, Frank Cho is doing the art work. I've seen some of it. It looks amazing, but it doesn't necessarily fit in with the rest of the ultimate universe. I think in Marvel Spotlight they discuss it in quite a bit of detail (i haven't read it, but I overheard someone talking about it). "
    Yeah I found some art on Cho 's site a few months ago... 

Cap and I'm guessing Valkyrie and Power Princess?
    Cap and I'm guessing Valkyrie and Power Princess?

Tony and and unkown woman
    Tony and and unkown woman

SPOLIER TO THOSE WHO THINK ULTIMATE THOR IS DEAD!!! ...Thor in Valhalla
    SPOLIER TO THOSE WHO THINK ULTIMATE THOR IS DEAD!!! ...Thor in Valhalla

Preview art of the Ultimates fighting Loki in I think Asgard
    Preview art of the Ultimates fighting Loki in I think Asgard

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
    @DH69 said:
    "i was happy with how this issue turned out, although its not hard to say this is an improvement when compared to ultimatum. it didnt really have enough dialog for me though i would have prefered it to be about 35-40 pages since its a first issue for a new series, but i cant really complain they packed enough in the 23 or so pages to make it enjoyable. the only thing that got my goat was the red skulls little comment to cap, and the lack of other avenger members. other that that it was a good start to something i hope will redeem the ultimate franchise  but once again ultimate stark seriously made me wish 616 tony would go back to being a drunken whore monger, instead of a sober whore monger "
    I did like the part with Tony, he's probably what you would turn into if you tried to be a real life superhero
    DH69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By DH69
    @War Killer said:
    "@DH69 said:
    "i was happy with how this issue turned out, although its not hard to say this is an improvement when compared to ultimatum. it didnt really have enough dialog for me though i would have prefered it to be about 35-40 pages since its a first issue for a new series, but i cant really complain they packed enough in the 23 or so pages to make it enjoyable. the only thing that got my goat was the red skulls little comment to cap, and the lack of other avenger members. other that that it was a good start to something i hope will redeem the ultimate franchise  but once again ultimate stark seriously made me wish 616 tony would go back to being a drunken whore monger, instead of a sober whore monger "
    I did like the part with Tony, he's probably what you would turn into if you tried to be a real life superhero "

if i was iron man i would be flying upside down drunk off my @$$ tipping buses over, and shooting at stop signs
    Avatar image for deactivated-5ffc7df6492da
    deactivated-5ffc7df6492da

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

You mean Samuel L Jackson is talking to Hawkeye, seriously is it just me or does he look exactly like him?

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By gmanfromheck
    @burr787 said:
    " I thought the twist was stupid but it could lead up to something good. Overall it was a pretty good issue even though most of it was just a helicopter ride. "
    The question is, how much of a surprise was it for Cap?
    TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
    @reaper2923 said:
    "You mean Samuel L Jackson is talking to Hawkeye, seriously is it just me or does he look exactly like him? "
    Was that a joke? When Mark Millar created the character, he based Ultimate Fury after Jackson
    DH69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By DH69
    @War Killer said:
    "@reaper2923 said:
    "You mean Samuel L Jackson is talking to Hawkeye, seriously is it just me or does he look exactly like him? "
    Was that a joke? When Mark Millar created the character, he based Ultimate Fury after Jackson "

bingo, hence why jackson played him in iron man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@War Killer said:
    "@reaper2923 said:
    Was that a joke? When Mark Millar created the character, he based Ultimate Fury after Jackson "
    Well I have never read anything with the word Ultimate in it
    TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
    @reaper2923 said:
    "@War Killer said:
    "@reaper2923 said:
    Well I have never read anything with the word Ultimate in it "
    Oh okay, you should pick up Ultimates Vol.1, 2 and 3 they are really great books

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@War Killer said:
    "@reaper2923 said:
    "@War Killer said:
    "@reaper2923 said:
    Well I have never read anything with the word Ultimate in it "
    Oh okay, you should pick up Ultimates Vol.1, 2 and 3 they are really great books "
    As long as they're not overpriced maybe
    Tmul501

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Tmul501
    @G-Man said:
    " @burr787 said:
    " I thought the twist was stupid but it could lead up to something good. Overall it was a pretty good issue even though most of it was just a helicopter ride. "
    The question is, how much of a surprise was it for Cap? "
    Enough to make him go awol. I can't really comment too much without giving away the secret, but I'm pretty sure that this is a shock to Cap on many levels.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@G-Man said:
    " @burr787 said:
    The question is, how much of a surprise was it for Cap? "
    What was the suprise is Red Skull Cap's father or something?
    DH69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By DH69
    @reaper2923:  close guess very close
    skaarason

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By skaarason

what was the shocking ending ?

DH69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By DH69

quick question was that ultimate A.I.M. or just some common terrorists, cause i dont remember reading anything about ultimate A.I.M. yet
    TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
    @DH69 said:
    "quick question was that ultimate A.I.M. or just some common terrorists, cause i dont remember reading anything about ultimate A.I.M. yet "
    Yeah, it was A.I.M., because one of the S.H.I.E.L.D. guys asked what "A.I.M." standed for on the page with Carol Danvers in it
    DH69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By DH69

well atleast they dont look like bee keepers in that universe
    TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

True, but I always liked that look for some reason

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By gmanfromheck
    @MJ Styles said:
    " HAHA.  I loved the music during the scene where Red Skull whispers into Cap's ear.  HA. "
    It's amazing how the music can totally change the...mood of a comic.  Sometimes I spend way too much time playing around with that. 
    Toastalchemist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Toastalchemist

Red Skull looks like a biker punk.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
    @G-Man said:
    " @MJ Styles said:
    " HAHA.  I loved the music during the scene where Red Skull whispers into Cap's ear.  HA. "
    It's amazing how the music can totally change the...mood of a comic.  Sometimes I spend way too much time playing around with that.  "
    Yeah, but the videos are better with all of the effects you and Babs use in your videos
    TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
    @G-Man said:
    " @MJ Styles said:
    It's amazing how the music can totally change the...mood of a comic.  Sometimes I spend way too much time playing around with that.  "
    Yeah, but the videos are better with all of the effects you and Babs use in your videos
    zombietag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#45  Edited By zombietag

i dont think its a big deal if its focused on two characters for now, its the first issue you know? theyre building plot

Dex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Dex

G mannnn use blog tv one time a week so we can pick your brain POR FAVOR

Omega Flight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Omega Flight

i gotta know what is that music
    DH69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By DH69

im waiting for ultimate jocasta and war machine to show up, i saw the cover of issue #3 on marvel and from the way it looked it was just janet in a suit that looked alot like her original 616
    prez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By prez
    @skaarason:
    red skull is the SON of cap!!!
    Nova`Prime`

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Nova`Prime`

I am still undecided on this issue. I really loved the art and I am glad to see the Ultimate Avengers in the hands of a good writer. But I don't know if I like the direction with Cap and Skull. Although I actually like the design of Skull he went from Nazi General to Neo-Nazi skin head. I am still undecided.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.