Follow

Avengers

Team » Avengers appears in 7699 issues.

The Avengers are Earth's mightiest heroes and foremost super-team... "There came a day, a day unlike any other, when Earth's mightiest heroes found themselves united against a common threat. On that day, the Avengers were born - to fight the foes no single super hero could withstand! Heed the call, then - for now, the Avengers Assemble!"

The Avengers movie is apparently very good

SpidermanWins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By SpidermanWins

Ok, so I was looking online and some people have seen early showings of the Avengers (in countries other than the US). Some reviews are already out including which say it is one of the best 3D movies ever and the best super hero movie eveer and on the website IdieWire it says it may be the best superhero movie, though it has specks of imperfection, "it's as satisfying a tentpole movie as you could hope for -- is something close to a miracle. [A-]"

So I hope that reassured your thoughts, whatever they may be on the movie, to some extent. And now we wait...

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

Yup, has a 100% on Rotten Tomatoes with 7 reviews so far. Regardless, it seemed safe to assume for awhile now that Marvel's The Avengers would serve as some very solid popcorn entertainment.

Question, why black out something that doesn't even have a spoiler? You just say a website but don't give away a specific name. Not really seeing the need to censor ;)

SpidermanWins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By SpidermanWins

@k4tzm4n said:

Yup, has a 100% on Rotten Tomatoes with 7 reviews so far.

Question, why black out something that doesn't even have a spoiler? You just say a website but don't give away a specific name. Not really seeing the need to censor ;)

Good.

I got worried someone might still want to go on it anyway... perhaps I was right =)

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#4  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

Well, if they're highlighting blacked out text, odds are they're okay with checking out spoilers ;)

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt

Good to hear that the movie is awesome.  

Now to go look for spoilers. 

SpidermanWins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By SpidermanWins

@k4tzm4n said:

Well, if they're highlighting blacked out text, odds are they're okay with checking out spoilers ;)

...-_- don't (Starts editing post profusely)

WildStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By WildStyle

Yep. The Hollywood Reporter and Variety both were raving about the movie. Whedon pulled it off.

supermaansito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By supermaansito

avengers movie is aswesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 OMFG

U MUST SEE IT IRONMAN IS AMAZING AND HULK IS FUKING CRASHING OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG AND THOR THUNDERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

Avatar image for cloudzackvincent
    cloudzackvincent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By cloudzackvincent

i m goin to watch it tonyte, 6 hours to go...:)

Skyfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Skyfire

I've seen it, it is a triumph of a movie.

Video_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Video_Martian

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

Good to hear that the movie is awesome.
    TAneT62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By TAneT62

The movie was amazing!

The hulk, and the black widow had the best scenes i'd say.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Killemall

I just watched Avengers, 2 hours ago, and i personally dont think Avengers lives up to the hype it has got. Is it a good movie? thats a definite yes from my side, anyone who's into movies and who knows these characters would enjoy the movie. But for people who dont really know much about these character would get a little bored, as if happened with my friends. 10 of us went for the movie, 3 people though it was hard to follow.

Also one should know they are going for an action movie, action sequences are awesome, dialogues are ok not expectational but ok. They have tried to make the movie funny, but there are only like 3 laugh out loud moments, with 2 other that makes you smile. Interestingly enough hulk was in 3 out of 5 of those moments.

Iron Man is funny, but now wow funny. Thor looked very ordinary in the movie, his acting was OK not wow. Captain America looks a little misplaced amoung the super powered people, and sadly Black Widow has a lot more say in the movie than does Captain America. Hawkeye got his moment to shine but isnt as focused as one who expect. Hulk and Loki, their acting stood out. Of course, Loki being the main villain gets the most to do and Hulk was the funniest among them all, after he transforms.

MINOR SPOILERS, its nice to see hulk finally learn how to control his transformation although how he learns it is never shown. There are few plot holes in the movie, we dont really understand how Hulk from being a raging uncontrollable monster because a hero all of a sudden and decides to fight for the avengers. Nick Fury doesnt get to do much apart from blow up a helicopter, Captain America has some fights scenes before Loki brings his army but later Captain America didnt really play a big part in the movie at all. Aliens were below par, they didnt even spend time with the alines, and they looked more like mindless beasts following command from their master, who is shown post credit and will not be named for the purpose of this review. There is no twists and turns in the movie, the story could easily have been summarized in few lines as Loki - World Domination - Army - Avengers Assembles - gets his arse handed to him. Action scenes were AWESOME and its a very action heavy movie.

I hope i have not spoiled anything for you because i dont really wanna get into details of how the movie actually plays. What i truly believe is you will not be bored watching the movie, but its not something as amazing as say The Dark Knight.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.