Follow

Avengers

Team » Avengers appears in 7702 issues.

The Avengers are Earth's mightiest heroes and foremost super-team... "There came a day, a day unlike any other, when Earth's mightiest heroes found themselves united against a common threat. On that day, the Avengers were born - to fight the foes no single super hero could withstand! Heed the call, then - for now, the Avengers Assemble!"

Should I read ?

Avatar image for consolemaster001
    consolemaster001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By consolemaster001

You might remember my thread "worst line up ever." where i expressed my feelings on the current roster. After reading 2 issues i dropped the series because i thought it wasn't any good. However i started to have second thoughts, should i start following again or should i start on New Avengers ?

DJ1107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By DJ1107

Well New Avengers is conjoined with Avengers so yeah you should read both

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Blood1991

I prefer New Avengers to the current so I'd give it a shot.

dangallant984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By dangallant984

I'm really enjoying both Avengers and new Avengers, but they really are quite different. I would advise on New Avengers if you're only going to read one, though; it's got a real epic quality to it. But I do really like both.

Avatar image for consolemaster001
    consolemaster001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By consolemaster001

y'know what i'm going to jump on avengers just to see superior spiderman interact with other characters

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Veshark

Definitely, but I think one needs an open mindset to enjoy these books. Hickman's writing isn't the usual dynamic, punchy, big action with character development type of superhero comics. It's more of a slow build, focusing on epic threats and large-scale plots.

If you can, you should definitely pick up New Avengers. It's a fantastic companion piece to Avengers, and the two link at some points. It's the dark to the Avengers' light.

dangallant984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By dangallant984

@consolemaster001 said:

y'know what i'm going to jump on avengers just to see superior spiderman interact with other characters

you should; it's been a lot of fun and a lot of story so far.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.