Follow

Avengers

Team » Avengers appears in 7703 issues.

The Avengers are Earth's mightiest heroes and foremost super-team... "There came a day, a day unlike any other, when Earth's mightiest heroes found themselves united against a common threat. On that day, the Avengers were born - to fight the foes no single super hero could withstand! Heed the call, then - for now, the Avengers Assemble!"

Moondragon in the MCU?

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
    oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 19

#1  Edited By oldnightcrawler
    Moondragon: boss, yeah?
    Moondragon: boss, yeah?

I know she may be one of the more obscure Avengers, but there's a lot I think Moondragon could add to the MCU Avengers:

1. She's one of the most singular and self-reliant of the female Avengers. Some of the more classic characters are some of my favorites, but the Wasp, She-Hulk, Captain Marvel, and Scarlet Witch are all characters associated with another male hero, so I think it would be cool to see someone like Moondragon who has her own distinct powers and back-story that's completely separate from any of the others.

2. Her powers of telepathy and telekinesis are especially distinct in the MCU, since that reality doesn't have any mutants. And as we've seen from Fox's X-men movies, telepathy especially is one of those powers that can very simply and effectively open up distinct storytelling possibilities.

3. Though she is fairly obscure, she's certainly no more obscure than Drax the Destroyer, who is not only being featured in the Guardians of the Galaxy movie, but is also Moondragon's long-lost father. In fact, her whole origin story is intrinsically connected to Thanos, who's also slated to be a major force in the MCU in general, so it would really make sense to have her around from that perspective too.

What do you guys think?

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
    deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I need to learn more about this character.

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

so, no one has an opinion about this one way or the other?

Maddpanda531

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I'd actually love this. I haven't read many Avengers stories featuring her (I should probably get on that), but I've enjoyed the character in what I have read. I think she'd make a unique addition to the MCU, seeing as how she'd not only be another female hero (We could use more of those), but she'd also be a very unique one.

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.