Follow

Avengers

Team » Avengers appears in 7703 issues.

The Avengers are Earth's mightiest heroes and foremost super-team... "There came a day, a day unlike any other, when Earth's mightiest heroes found themselves united against a common threat. On that day, the Avengers were born - to fight the foes no single super hero could withstand! Heed the call, then - for now, the Avengers Assemble!"

How Powerful will Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver be?

Avatar image for deactivated-611928878d365
    deactivated-611928878d365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

In an interview at SDCC, Joss Whedon mentioned the inclusion of Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver as the team's newest members. He also reassured us that they won't take any of the limelight off of the rest of the team, even assuring us that Hawkeye will have plenty of time to shine. But before they join up,Whedon stated that the mutant siblings will fight against the Avengers.This brings me to ask, how powerful will he make them? How will they fight of Hulk and Thor? How could they do damage to Ultron? I really want Falcon to join the team after Captain America:The Winter Soldier. Now, with Ultron, Vision soon follows. We know that he was created by Ultron to do his bidding. However, he then rebels against his creator and joins the Avengers. I would love for all of these members to join as they would definitely need 10 Avengers to take on Thanos in Avengers 3! I never really understood Scarlet Witch's powers. What do you guys think?

Avatar image for nightcrawler358
    NightCrawler358

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By NightCrawler358

For the sake of movie equality, Quicksilver will be about as fast as Dash from the Incredibles, with occasional bursts of ridiculous speed to save Wanda or something (which he'll have to recover from)

Scarlet Witch is too powerful/complex to portray normally, so she'll probably be more of a plot device. --as in a poweful woman who can't quite control or understand her powers, think Elizabeth from Bioshock Infinite.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nightcrawler358: So do you think more powerful than Hulk and Thor? Because if they cut loose, they could cause a lot of damage!

Avatar image for nightcrawler358
    NightCrawler358

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By NightCrawler358

they won't make Quicksilver as powerful as them, but fast enough to avoid them. Scarlet Witch will be able to floor them both, but like I said, unreliable because she won't be able to control it properly. This is my theory at least.

heroesgold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Quicksliver will probably be insanely fast in the movies. Scarlet Witch might be toned down since MCU likes to make powerful characters weaker. Or it could be that their both op'd.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nightcrawler358: @heroesgold: Now that would be fun to see! Scarlet Witch is the only mainstream hero that I know nothing about! Do you think Quicksilver will be able to run up buildings?

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

won't believe until i see it.

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By JonSmith

I predict Quicksilver will be ridiculously fast (i.e., I expect to see a version of his "I've been outracing lightning bolts since puberty." line), able to literally run circles around Thor and move through battles with time almost still.

As for the Witch, I think she'll be powerful, but unstable without a specific goal to focus and concentrate on.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

Well I doubt Wanda will be warping reality or creating another House of M. But she'll be pretty powerful. Maybe there'll be an instability or lack of control to counter that. As for Quicksilver, I'd like to see him move through fights in slow motion decking multiple guys before everyone knows what's happening. I think Whedon has included Wanda and Pietro over Hank and Jan this time because these two have less "punchy powers" in Whedon's words to describe most of the Avengers' team.

SkyRobo1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like how Whedon makes Wanda and Pietro fight against the Avengers before teaming up with them. Seems like how you gain membership to the team.

As for there power stats. I'm guessing Pietro will be fast but I don't think will be seeing him speed blitzing anyone. As for Wanda I suppose she'll be tapping into her chaos magic but not too much into her reality warping powers.

As for the battle Pietro will face against Hawkeye and Hulk while Wanda will face off against Iron Man and Thor. Wanda in the comics knows that he cannot really kill Thor but can only remove him from the battlefield. So most likely she will do the same here. She will use her magic to blast Thor out of the battlefield and help Pietro deal with the rest of the team before it is put to a stop by Captain America and a mutual truce is created between both sides.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@skyrobo1: Sounds awesome. I just hope Whedon doesn't do what most comics do once a team gets new members. I hope he doesn't get rid of some of the old ones! I want a bigger team to face the massive threats.

ShadowX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By ShadowX

I would rather Scarlet Witch no be a plot device, as I prefer my female characters to be fleshed out...

Anyways I hope to see Scarlet witch be pretty powerful.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shadowx: I liked her portrayal in Wolverine and the X-men. I shipped her and Nightcrawler right away. She was quite powerful but likeable. I'd be cool with her just flying, teleporting the team, energy blasts and force fields. I hope Quicksilver can dodge Thor's lightning. Hey, I'm happy as long as there's no incest.

batmannflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#14  Edited By batmannflash

Quicksilver won't be as powerful as the big characters (Iron Man, Thor, Hulk). Scarlet Witch will definitely be nerfed, but hopefully not too much. I want to see her showing some kind of feat to compete against Iron Man at least.

ShadowX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oscars94: i havrnt seen alot og wolverine and the xmen sadly. I didnt have cable at the time it was on. I think its on netflix though so I might catch up on it there. Is it worth the watch?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shadowx: I enjoyed the series, the only problem is it, along with many cartoons have Wolverine popping the claws only to punch/kick/throw enemies. Otherwise it'sa got great action scenes and amazing character interaction .

Spideysense44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

i wanna see quicksilver and cap go at it lets say he runs into caps shield tht wld be f**kn hilarious

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

such a bad idea

spider11211

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By spider11211

Well at least Joss knows how to write for a female character....could be good.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Quicksilver won't be as powerful as the big characters (Iron Man, Thor, Hulk). Scarlet Witch will definitely be nerfed, but hopefully not too much. I want to see her showing some kind of feat to compete against Iron Man at least.

This.

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

IDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tyrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Quicksilver will be insanely fast in this movie...The problem is that due to today's technology/CGI, whoever will be editing Avengers: Age of Ultron in post-production will want to mess around with the effects and thus make Quicksilver look fast beyond his limits.

M3th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By M3th

MetH tHinks Quicksilver will be insanely fast but not ridiculously fast like infinite mass punch fast.

MetH agrees witH everyone saying Wanda will be wicked powerful, at least as powerful as THor and Loki can be. At the same time, Her powers will be unreliable. MetH is very interested to see wHat story do tHey create for tHem, Ultron, and all the Avengers given tHat IronM3, CapA:WS, and Thor:DW are kind of prequels in a way.

-m3th.O.D.-

Stefano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think they will be as powerful as iron man (who I think represents the average in terms of the teams power level), maybe Wanda will be a little stronger. Movies and tv shows about superheros tend to make there casts balanced in power. This was done with the Avengers movie by depowering thor with his fight with IM and Loki with his Captain America. If there power levels where as different as in the comics Tony would have looked useless next to Thor and Cap would probably have died or fallen to Loki’s mind control. The same thing was done with EMH when Cap’s shield was seen hurting Thor and Iron man’s repulsors hurting galactus. This way every team member seems relevant.

phisigmatau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By phisigmatau

it would be cool to see Thor and QS in a speed blitz battle

of course Thor would hold off on strength until he got annoyed and sends QS over the horizon with a flick of his finger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@phisigmatau: I want Quicksilver to tag Hawkeye, and Black Widow. Wanda can take out Thor, Hulk and Iron Man. I really want Cap to step in from out of nowhere and just stand there so Pietro runs into his shield!

Avatar image for turel_hash_ak_gik
    turel_hash_ak_gik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

prinplup45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

Well I doubt Wanda will be warping reality or creating another House of M. But she'll be pretty powerful. Maybe there'll be an instability or lack of control to counter that. As for Quicksilver, I'd like to see him move through fights in slow motion decking multiple guys before everyone knows what's happening. I think Whedon has included Wanda and Pietro over Hank and Jan this time because these two have less "punchy powers" in Whedon's words to describe most of the Avengers' team.

Avatar image for jacobdextercoffey
    jacobdextercoffey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos won't be an Avengers concern anytime soon. Guardians of the Galaxy and the Thor storyline so far are setting up the stones for the power gauntlet. I HOPE EVERYONE IS STILL STAYING AFTER THE CREDITS. If everyone saw after Thor 2 they would know what I mean.

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i hope they are standard power level

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos won't be an Avengers concern anytime soon. Guardians of the Galaxy and the Thor storyline so far are setting up the stones for the power gauntlet. I HOPE EVERYONE IS STILL STAYING AFTER THE CREDITS. If everyone saw after Thor 2 they would know what I mean.

when i say THOR 2 from a filled room, only like 4-6 people stayed back for the credits

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thorson: LOL same. My friends were really angry when I made them stay til after Man Of Steel (My mistake). However ,even though most of the people left, I said "We gotta stay!"

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
    Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

#35  Edited By Fallschirmjager

Probably nerfed. Everyone else is.

adhd_assassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Quicksilver will either be nerfed or will receive a large power up. Scarlet witch will defiantly be nerfed.

Cutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Cutter

can't really say...so let see what happens...

adhd_assassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kinda off topic, but wasnt war machine confirmed for one of the avengers movies?

Starbrander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hard to say.

Scarlett Witch...is the intention really to have her waving her hands around shooting red beams? Call me skeptical.

Quicksilver will be fast, but there won't be any portals of reality being distorted or anything similarly stupid.

Jonez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's been confirmed already that Wanda will be messing with people's minds. To what extent I have no idea.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rezaujp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Rezaujp

i've begging them will be powerfull enough to my expectation, they've intended on me to watch this movie with bit more exciting

i hope they're will be great as in my mind, all my expectation and big dream was my fav character that Quicksilver hope he'll be fast as fast that he used to be in the comic he can passed through thor's lighting strike, danger lightning strike, and over hundreds of bullet, move faster near as light, can take someone without injuring them, his fast now are obviously fast then old him, fast as sound movespeed, he can move faster than that in my speculation by reading his comic by far he could be more badasss

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

just like THOR they will start off powerful and strong. Then eventually become average.

Avatar image for transformers1024
    Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

They'll probably be nerfed a bit.

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They'll probably get nerfed. The MCU superhumans are considerably less powerful than their comic counterparts. Except for Captain America, I think, since he looks to be exactly what you'd think Cap can do. The Twins will get their moments, but I don't think they'll be as powerful (overall) as Hulk or Thor. Actually, I think Vision will be the most powerful new member.

thevarioty436

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

whedon said in an interview quicksilver will be nearly as fast/just as fast as a bullet, that's comparable to superman speeds more so than flash, i think however, while faora and superman can move at those speeds, QS will be able to think at those speeds like suggested by other interviews

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

they were portrayed decently. They were overpowered and they weren't overpowered. I may have to see it one more time to confirm.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.