Follow

Avengers

Team » Avengers appears in 7701 issues.

The Avengers are Earth's mightiest heroes and foremost super-team... "There came a day, a day unlike any other, when Earth's mightiest heroes found themselves united against a common threat. On that day, the Avengers were born - to fight the foes no single super hero could withstand! Heed the call, then - for now, the Avengers Assemble!"

Heroic age a new day for marvel.......yeah right

wooodude1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By wooodude1

Is it just me or has marvel lost its way I mean in the olden days if they said they were going to do something ,they did it. I got wind today (okay i didn't but i a comic vine account today) that marvel will not NOT be having one ongoing avengers title and don't hold your breath folks because marvel is not getting rid of New avengers. Now may i just say that this is ridiculous . When they first scripted Steve Rogers dying ,people were saying 'there not gonna go though with it' or 'it's just a big hoax or publicity stunt so people read comics more' but marvel went though with the it.....or so we thought but i'll get to that later. So now instead of deleting the avengers teams they are replacing them. Dark Avengers will become Secret Avengers, Mighty Avengers will become Avengers and Avengers Initiative will become Avengers Academy. Now all this shows is Marvel aren't following though with there promises, which brings me to Steve Rogers. Now we already knew from day one that he was going to come back, it was inevitable, but you know what honestly i cant rant about that because he will not be wielding the shield or replacing Bucky. What I am stocked about is the news that I heard recently about the Hawkeye & Mockingbird series which will set up for a fifth avengers WCA (West Coast Avengers). Now has any one heard about the Age of Heros 4 part series? I am really excited about the Young Masters story they are just a really unique team. They are better then the quirky, up beat and "happy go lucky" Young Avengers, they have a real charm and depth. This comic will also continue on the American Son which i am excited about and besides if the rest goes to hell you can count on Doctor Voodoo to bring us a good story. Thanks this has being my first blog post .

gui22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By gui22

I think the heroic age is a good storyline.By the way check this link:
    http://www.comicvine.com/marvel-publishing/57-31/your-marvel-characters/92-537861/

wooodude1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By wooodude1
    @gui22: Don't get me wrong i think its a great thing but i just don't see it as a storyline just an era
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @wooodude1 said:
    " Is it just me or has marvel lost its way I mean in the olden days if they said they were going to do something ,they did it. I got wind today (okay i didn't but i a comic vine account today) that marvel will not NOT be having one ongoing avengers title and don't hold your breath folks because marvel is not getting rid of New avengers. Now may i just say that this is ridiculous . When they first scripted Steve Rogers dying ,people were saying 'there not gonna go though with it' or 'it's just a big hoax or publicity stunt so people read comics more' but marvel went though with the it.....or so we thought but i'll get to that later. So now instead of deleting the avengers teams they are replacing them. Dark Avengers will become Secret Avengers, Mighty Avengers will become Avengers and Avengers Initiative will become Avengers Academy. Now all this shows is Marvel aren't following though with there promises, which brings me to Steve Rogers. Now we already knew from day one that he was going to come back, it was inevitable, but you know what honestly i cant rant about that because he will not be wielding the shield or replacing Bucky. What I am stocked about is the news that I heard recently about the Hawkeye & Mockingbird series which will set up for a fifth avengers WCA (West Coast Avengers). Now has any one heard about the Age of Heros 4 part series? I am really excited about the Young Masters story they are just a really unique team. They are better then the quirky, up beat and "happy go lucky" Young Avengers, they have a real charm and depth. This comic will also continue on the American Son which i am excited about and besides if the rest goes to hell you can count on Doctor Voodoo to bring us a good story. Thanks this has being my first blog post . "
    I don't see anything ridiculous about not scrapping New Avengers.Marvel is about money as any company should be.If the Avengers titles are making me alot of money and make up the majority of my best sellers.I'm not scrapping the idea..it's stupid.That one Avengers team stuff isn't going down anymore.One of those Avengers titles would have to fall off severely to be cancelled. I don't think Marvel ever promised that they would make one solid Avengers title and if they did I would like to see where you got that from. 
    wooodude1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By wooodude1
    @Vance Astro: Dude you got me all wrong I mean its ridiculous how they said they were going to do it and didn't go though with it they even said in the preview of the final siege issues they were the season final and had announced it on there website.
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#5  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @wooodude1 said:

" @Vance Astro: Dude you got me all wrong I mean its ridiculous how they said they were going to do it and didn't go though with it they even said in the preview of the final siege issues they were the season final and had announced it on there website. "

How is that opposite to what I just said? Even if they did say they were going to do it..they didn't for a reason.They aren't trying to be douches to their fans..if that's what their fans are buying,I feel like they are actually doing it for us.
    wooodude1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By wooodude1

Has any one heard about the avenger's rosters. I'm sure you all mostly have but i'm posting them any way 
    Avengers: Captain America, Spiderwoman, Iron Man, Thor & Hawkeye 
    Secret Avengers: Steve Rogers, War Machine, Nova, Moon Knight & Valkyrie 
    New Avengers: Luke Cage, Spiderman, Wolverine, Jewel (Jessica Jones), The Thing, Ms Marvel and an ex member of the dark avengers well i think i know who it is: Iron Patriot (villain) Venom (villain) Moonstone (Kind of villain but they already have Ms Marvel) Ares (dead), Sentry (killed him) Noh-Varr (not Villain and left the Dark Avengers way before siege). So i'm guessing Noh-Varr. 
    And finally Avengers Academy.......who gives a crap about them.

Avatar image for defaultdefaultdefault
    defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

so theres teams with characters on them that existed before. your point?

Avatar image for crimsonspider89
    crimsonspider89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By crimsonspider89
    @wooodude1:  That is not the full roster for each team. Steve, Spider Man and Wolverine are shown on the Avengers #2 cover as well and three more members for the Secret Avengers at least. Why hate on the Avengers Academy, probably gonna be amazing. 
    wooodude1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By wooodude1
    @CATMANEXE:  Each to his own and also i'm not saying it because there new i'm saying it because they screwed up my New Warriors. I loved Avengers Intiative because i got to see Rage in it and he's awesome.
    defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wooodude1: 
    i dont know what you mean, sorry.
    wooodude1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By wooodude1
    @crimsonspider89:  I saw that cover and all i was thinking was "dame it there goes another promise"  I am actually happy with the New Avengers becaus they aren't the same as the main team they have a more badass attiude @Vance Astro: Yeah you are right like i said to crimson they have a real shine and i do understand that they are not scraping it because they have so many fans and it is one of marvels top selling comics.....but since Avengers are coming out how long will they hold that position. 
    wooodude1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By wooodude1
    @CATMANEXE: i ment that i have nothing against the avengers academy its just they replaced avengers intiative with it and it was based around the new warriors nearer its closing stages.
    defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wooodude1: 
    i didnt say anything about it. i take it was directed at the person who did?

my own opinion is i cant judge it until i see it, but from what i have read of it the those are just the new recruits,
    and the rest of the cast will still be in play, with the NW and Pym as instructors.
    Avatar image for crimsonspider89
    crimsonspider89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By crimsonspider89

Yeah, those are the new recruits, the others have graduated and will probably show up as instructors. Plus Pym is the leader and give them a chance. May be good. Also, the New Avengers has nothing that appeals to me. Jewel- boring to me Cage- can't stand him Wolverine- Always hated him. The only ones I like are Spider Man and Carol and I can put up with Ben. Plus, the team seems kinda one dimension where the Secret Avengers and Avengers will feel more like a team with the dynamic they have set up. 

wooodude1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By wooodude1
    @CATMANEXE:  Did you just say.....i take it all back i love the avengers academy. I was wondering where Pym was going thank you so much.......just a bit extra i wasn't being sarcastic!
    defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wooodude1: 
    yeah. christ they wouldnt try and sell a book entirely comprised of no-names as a core title,
    you know. lol. that book would get slated for cancellation by #5 if they pulled a stunt like that.
    wooodude1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By wooodude1
    @crimsonspider89:  I look Logan but in the x-men hes not my favorite i'm more of a Cable guy. Also how do you feel if its Noh-Varr.
    TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#18  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

Sounds like old news and ranting... 

And where the did you get that Hawkeye and Mockingbird would lead to West Coast Avengers? The New Avengers are pretty much the new West Coast Avengers.

wooodude1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By wooodude1
    @War Killer: It is old news ranting it's just I got comicvine yesterday. I found the information about Hawkeye & Mockingbird  from Marvel Prieviews 80 it will be writing by Jim Mccann who also wrote New Avengers: The Reunion
    TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
    @wooodude1: Oh I got ya, welcome to the Vine by the way. 

I know about Hawkeye and Mockingbird, looking forward to it. But where did you get that it was going to lead to a fifth Avengers title?
    wooodude1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By wooodude1
    @War Killer: First of all i cant absolutely clarify that second it was in the prievw saying they are looking for members to start the team up again 
    TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
    @wooodude1: Are you talking about this?
    The Story: Hawkeye, the world’s greatest marksman is back—and reunited with the world's most dangerous super-spy, Mockingbird—in an all-new ongoing series! The deadly duo defied every obstacle to make their way back to each other and put together the all new WCA team—but now the one thing that divided them years before has returned to haunt them: the Phantom Rider! This ancient enemy is out to destroy all our heroes hold dear, and is teaming with Clint Barton’s arch-nemesis, the obsessed assassin Crossfire, to do it! Writer Jim McCann and penciler David Lopez, the team behind the acclaimed New Avengers: The Reunion, reunite to aim the spotlight and crosshairs on Marvel’s terrorist-targeting tandem, delivering a monthly dose of classic threats, new enemies, shocking allies, unexpected twists and dysfunctional dynamics in the Mighty Marvel Manner!    

Because if you are, that's not the West Coast Avengers, I believe that's the World Counterterrorism Agency (WCA) that Mockingbird created in New Avengers: The Reunion which is basically Mockingbird's own version of S.H.I.E.L.D. which at the moment is made up of her, Clint, and the former S.H.I.E.L.D. agents who were replaced during Secret Invasion and now have returned with nothing left to go back to.
    wooodude1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By wooodude1
    @War Killer: Actually what I read had exactly the same stuff except WCA was changed with west coast avengers. See this is why I joined Comic Vine .......how cool would a new West Coast be
    TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
    @wooodude1: Where did you see this?
    wooodude1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By wooodude1
    @War Killer: some website I looked up west coast avengers
    Avatar image for hero_vs__villian
    hero vs. villian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#26  Edited By hero vs. villian

I hear you loud and clear :D

wooodude1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By wooodude1
    @hero vs. villian: Thank you
    moxie-lane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By moxie-lane

i was under the impression hawkeye and mockingbird weren't going to be the west coast avengers. Its the World Counter-Terrorism agency that Mockingbird set up in reunion

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.