Follow

Avengers

Team » Avengers appears in 7699 issues.

The Avengers are Earth's mightiest heroes and foremost super-team... "There came a day, a day unlike any other, when Earth's mightiest heroes found themselves united against a common threat. On that day, the Avengers were born - to fight the foes no single super hero could withstand! Heed the call, then - for now, the Avengers Assemble!"

Avengers sequels past Avengers 4?

Avatar image for artisticneedham
    ArtisticNeedham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By ArtisticNeedham

Avengers sequels past Avengers 4?

I had this idea even before Avengers 1 was out, that since they were combining the Marvel movies into one universe I thought that they could keep the films going long after Chris Evans leaves the Captain America character behind, after Scarlett Johansson leaves Black Widow, after Downey Jr stops playing Iron Man, etc. I said that like Law and Orders they could make the films a rotating cast. While the original cast is still there bring in a few new characters in Avengers 2 and then other new ones in Avengers 3. Then when Evans, Hemsworth, Ruffalo, Downey Jr, Renner, Johansson, Jackson, etc, leave you have the others actors from Avengers 2 still contracted for at least one more film. Then when they are ready to leave because their contract is up you have the actors still brought in in Avengers 3.

So here is what we have so far:

Avengers 1:

Black Widow, Nick Fury, Iron Man, Hulk, Captain America, Thor, Hawkeye
    Black Widow, Nick Fury, Iron Man, Hulk, Captain America, Thor, Hawkeye

Avengers 2:

(Black Widow, Nick Fury, Iron Man, Hulk, Captain America, Thor, Hawkeye) + Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver, and Vision (?)
    (Black Widow, Nick Fury, Iron Man, Hulk, Captain America, Thor, Hawkeye) + Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver, and Vision (?)

Avenges 3: Takes place after Ant Man, Doctor Strange, and Black Panther.

Roster could include: (Black Widow, Iron Man, Hulk, Captain America, Thor, Hawkeye, Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver, and Vision) + Black Panther, Dr. Strange, and Ant Man and maybe Wasp.
    Roster could include: (Black Widow, Iron Man, Hulk, Captain America, Thor, Hawkeye, Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver, and Vision) + Black Panther, Dr. Strange, and Ant Man and maybe Wasp.

Avengers 4:

Takes place after Captain Marvel and Inhumans. Would be Black Widow, Iron Man, Hulk, Captain America, Thor, Hawkeye, Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver, Vision, (maybe Black Panther. Dr. Strange, Antman, Wasp and maybe Captain Marvel.)

Avengers 5:

(Original Cast of Black Widow, Iron Man, Hulk, Captain America, Thor, and Hawkeye, have left.)

You could still have Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver, Vision, Black Panther, Dr. Strange, Ant Man, Wasp, Captain Marvel, maybe Winter Soldier, and whoever might have been added in Avengers 4.

Avengers 6:

Scarlet Witch, Quicksiver, and the Vision, would have done three movies by this time. (usually they are contracted for at least 3 films.) So maybe they decide to leave.

Avengers 6 would still have Black Panther. Dr. Strange, Antman, Wasp and Captain Marvel, maybe Winter Soldier.

At this point I don't know who else could show up. And maybe characters who pop up in Agents of SHIELD could show up in Avengers, or characters like Falcon who show up in the solo films. So maybe Mockingbird, Luke Cage, and Falcon could show up in Avengers 5 and 6.

And in Avengers 7:

Black Panther, Dr. Strange, Antman, Wasp, and Captain Marvel, maybe Winter Soldier, would have been in 3 films at this point and may leave. So you are left with, maybe, Falcon, Mockingbird, Luke Cage, and other characters who showed up in Avengers 6 or in the other films along the way.

If the studio is worried that fans will miss certain Avengers, there are sort of redundancies so to speak. She-Hulk could replace the Hulk, Falcon or Winter Soldier could take over the mantel of Captain America, Valkyrie or Hercules could fill the spot left by Thor, War Machine could fill in for Iron Man, Black Widow could pass her codename to Agent Yelena Belova or Mockingbird could take her spot, Swardsman could be brought in to replace Hawkeye. Etc.

Maybe the stories could keep going and characters like Scott Lang's daughter Cassie, Scarlet Witch's sons Wiccan and Speed, Kree Mar-Vell's son Hulkling, could be introduced and become Young Avengers and maybe even become actual Avengers.

3-D Man/Triathlon, Namor, Thanos' brother Starfox, Spider-Woman, Wonder Man, Captain Britain, Hellcat, Black Knight, Beast, and so on. So there aren't any shortages on Avengers.

My point is the Avengers stories don't have to end with Avengers 4: Infinity War part 2. I hope they keep the stories going. Bring in new characters like She-Hulk, new bad guys like Kang the Conqueror, and keep things rolling.

AVENGERS ASSEMBLE!!!
    AVENGERS ASSEMBLE!!!

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

No Captain Marvel for Avengers 3?

Avatar image for transformers1024
    Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Transformers1024

After Infinity War they should do Secret Avengers, Dark Avengers, Avengers Academy, West Coast Avengers, New Avengers and what ever else I'm missing. There's several Avengers related spin offs that could easily warrant a movie.

ArtisticNeedham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By ArtisticNeedham

@maccyd: Her solo film is shown not to come out until after Avengers 3. So I figured they may not include her. If they did that would be fine by me.

No Caption Provided

@transformers1024: Agreed. And many many usable villains. Kang, Baron Zemo and such. I am just worried that what Marvel studios might do is figure that the general audience doesn't know this and after Avenges 4 is over they will reboot everything or let the franchise sort of die down and then reboot things. New Captain America, New Thor, new Avengers origin this time with Ant Man and Wasp. (I know they have spent so much effort that it seems unlikely, but) Yahoo News and other news were sort of advertising the news that Avengers 3 would be split into 2 films by saying the LAST Avengers film will be split into two films. As if they had no plans to make more.

AwesomePerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

7 Avenger Films???

5 should be enough otherwise the general audience will get bored...

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Its not gonna work without iron man, hulk, Thor, and cap. General audiences aren't gonna like the other heroes as much. To everyone, the avengers are the four I just listed above. Removing them will be upsetting.

ArtisticNeedham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ArtisticNeedham

It will work if the next batch is brought to the audience and familiar to them. Black Panther and Captain Marvel could become just as popular as Iron Man and Captain America. Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver will already be familiar to the public thanks to Age of Ultron. Ant Man could become a hit like Guardians of the Galaxy. It all depends on the acting and story really, I am just saying that there are enough to keep the story going and the Avengers shouldn't end with four films. Also, not sure what their plans are once Avengers 4 is out but if they end the Avengers with the original team leaving the public may have a hard time accepting any new films after that. For example, what if Marvel tried to make a Spider-Woman/SHIELD/Hydra movie, people might think what is the point now that Captain America is gone.

Also I think people would LOVE it if Falcon became the new Captain America like in the comics as long as Evans is shown passing down the mantel.

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gotta hand it to Marvel.

Adication

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

I'd love to see marvel studios and 20th century fox co produce an "Avengers vs. X-Men" film. That would be dope

kiba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adication: you mean when Falcon beets Colossus by poking him in the eye? No thanks.

kid Apollo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

they could always pull Spidey onto the team, assuming everything stays smooth with Sony. and with Luke Cage and Iron Fist getting shows they cold always get the call up some day.

Black Panther, Captain Marvel, the Vision, Spider Man, Mockingbird, Luke Cage, Iron Fist

that would be a decent roster for Avenger 5+

Im assuming Marvel is gonna put a lot of their eggs into the Captain Marvel basket, really hype her up and push her onto a new generation of fans. Spidey will always bring in the bucks.Hopefully the IF and LC netflix series can garner enough attention to push those two into the B list. and hopefully the Black Panther movie establishes another solid property

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.