Follow

Avengers

Team » Avengers appears in 7704 issues.

The Avengers are Earth's mightiest heroes and foremost super-team... "There came a day, a day unlike any other, when Earth's mightiest heroes found themselves united against a common threat. On that day, the Avengers were born - to fight the foes no single super hero could withstand! Heed the call, then - for now, the Avengers Assemble!"

Avengers in the Future

Avatar image for artisticneedham
    ArtisticNeedham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By ArtisticNeedham

Recently Marvel showed two different futures for the Avengers, one more recent as in the very next generation (Avengers 20XX) while the other was further in the future (Avengers 2099).

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

In Manhattan Island in the year 20XX (or 2020 I guess) Danielle Cage, daughter of Luke Cage and Jessica Jones, is the new Captain America. She has her father's powers and is highly trained in combat. We also see that Black Widow is still on the team but as an older woman. There is also an older Vision. And then what looks like an older Thor, with one eye and an axe.

But then we have other characters who it never fully goes into. A Merman Iron Man. A Hulk with blond hair. A female Namor. A Ms. Marvel. And an Antman sized Nova.

I'd like to know more about this team. Manhattan is now an island, the city is flooded up to the tops of buildings. They face a threat called the Golden Skull.

Does the Iron Man being part fish have a connection to Atlantis? Does this mean Namor or the Atlantians make a deal with Tony Stark?

I noticed the blond Hulk seems to have a tattoo like Skaar and wears a harness like Hercules or Clint when he was Goliath. Plus he or she is wearing a wedding ring.

Is the new Ms. Marvel Kamala Khan?

What about the tin Nova?

I'd like to see more of this team, maybe another issue.

We also get a glimpse further into the future in a comic I think we will be seeing much more of.

No Caption Provided

Avengers 2099. An Iron Man armor but its not Tony Stark inside. A Hawkeye with wings. the Hercules. A Black Widow. and a strangely mind controlled Captain America. Also there is A Vision. and the team was created by Spider-MAN 2099. I also noticed that they all, besides Hercules, have darker skin but blond hair. Wonder what they will show with that.

In past stories we have seen other future Avengers, like the adult Young Avenger are now the Avengers:

No Caption Provided

Eli as the new Captain America, Jonas and Kate still being the new Vision and Hawkeye respectively, Billy as the new Captain Marvel and Tommy as the new Quicksilver as well as Cassie as what I think was the new Wasp Stringer. Also we later see that Wiccan is now the Sorcerer Supreme.

No Caption Provided

He is also the Sorcerer Supreme in the All New X-Men's glimpse into the X-Men's future:

No Caption Provided

There was also a comic line called M2, which featured Avengers Next. And also the Next Avengers.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

What do you guys think about the futures of the Avengers? What do you want to see happen? What did you think of Avengers 2099? Or Avengers 20XX? Do you think a timeline can be made from all this?

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

#2  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

Manhattan was always an island :p and Cassi was called Stinger and not Wasp

Avatar image for artisticneedham
    ArtisticNeedham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

@avenging_x_bolt: Thank you for correcting me, people always love it when you correct them. :P

Seriously though, back on topic. Future Avengers?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.