Follow

Avengers

Team » Avengers appears in 7704 issues.

The Avengers are Earth's mightiest heroes and foremost super-team... "There came a day, a day unlike any other, when Earth's mightiest heroes found themselves united against a common threat. On that day, the Avengers were born - to fight the foes no single super hero could withstand! Heed the call, then - for now, the Avengers Assemble!"

Analyzing the All-New, All-Different Avengers Roster

• 170 results
    Ultinuc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Sounds interesting. Might pick it up. It would be awesome though if Deadpool was put onto the team though XD Imagine his interactions with the other characters

Enyalios

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Somehow I'm thinking the original All New All Different X-Men handled this concept a lot better. Not only were they all original heroes, but they didn't have to reach back 40 years to steal title/concept for the team.

FuriousWeasel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Falcon Cap, She-Thor, Morales Spidey? really? are you trying to annoy long term fans with this team of less interesting copies and under aged kids? Why are the wishes of fans who have bought comics for years suddenly less important than the handful of potential readers who may pick up this book because of these characters. Oh and 'In Universe' the real Avengers have never allowed heroes as young as Miles and Kamala on the team.

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
    deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Thank God there are people making noise against this "pandering" bullsh_t. The hypocrisy in this one thread alone can choke most. If only...

It's an interesting and varied team. I enjoyed the breakdown of each character in the article. I would love to have Iron Lad be in Vision's suit as that might translate into Cassie returning to her uniform and could also bring back the Young Avengers in some way. Having Hulkling not make an appearance could be due to Marvel's tampering with Wanda's history but I'll try not to have that put a damper on my enthusiasm for this new title.

Asrur's art kinda sealed things for me and for all my dismay at Waid's handling of Daredevil, he's an incredible writer and I suspect he will be crafting an awesome story right out the gate with these relatively new characters.

Keep sales up, Marvel. Let's keep this medium alive.

StarOfElyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

StarOfElyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PUH-LEEEAAAASE, let that be Pepper Pots in the Iron Man armor!

kai200995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"This is just Marvel trying to show they're diverse. This is just pc crap!"

Another excuse to shame "minorities" for being present, and represented...in comic books! lol

Welcome to America.

Jestersmiles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

Jestersmiles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

The salt in here is delicious. :)

kai200995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen said:

@the_stegman said:

I love how if you're against this, you're a racist. I'm against this not because I hate that they aren't white, but because Marvel is so desperate to be diverse, that they gave us a sh*tty team comprised of teenagers.

Hell, the Young Avengers are probably more competent than these guys.

It's just straw-men arguments because of the weak counter-argument.

That's funny, especially when there's pages of people literally complaining about the diversity of the team. I guess people are just paranoid huh?

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#161  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@kai200995: That's not complaining about diversity - that's complaining about forced politically correct ''diversity'' which is nothing more than race/gender replacements.

Stop using the laughably weak and intellectually dishonest argument of ''it's racist'' or proposing that those who contest these changes must be white men --- it's getting quite irritating for those with legitimate complaints.

kai200995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen said:

@kai200995: That's not complaining about diversity - that's complaining about forced politically correct ''diversity'' which is nothing more than race/gender replacements.

Stop using the laughably weak and intellectually dishonest argument of ''it's racist'' --- it's getting quite irritating for those with legitimate complaints.

The legitimate complaints: teenagers, lame line-up, and captain-falcon. Those I understand. I actually can see, and understand that. I wasn't talking about that.

"forced politically correct diversity" Yes, let's talk about that. Are we going to use this feeble argument every time there's more than one non-white and/or female character in anything. Does that exceed the quota? The fact that people automatically feel insecure or "forced", when they see such characters represented; say a lot more about the person's disposition. If you or other people are claiming forced politically correctness, what do you/they actually want? I think it's obvious.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#163 frozen  Moderator

@kai200995: Simply using non-white/non-male characters is not ''forced diversity''. Newly created minority characters can be used in their own teams, or already established minority characters. But shoehorning them into the roles of old characters who by today's standards may not be considered ''diverse'' is forced, lazy, artificial and unsinspired --- branding those who complain about this as ''racist'' is a strawman, an attempt to avoid discussion. It is not, and never will be racist to criticize it.

In addition to that, I posted a scan on the first, with an editor at Marvel quite clearly admitting these character changes are done for publicity and controversy; which essentially confirmed the intentions behind the changes are not genuine attempts at diversity.

kai200995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen:

Now I can understand that. You're referring to the intentions of the writers for changing the race/gender/ethnicities. To be honest isn't that just business? Is it really the writers fault that "changing" (technically their still separate characters)their race or gender, causes controversy?

As for unoriginality, I understand that argument. I actually said to myself "why don't they add captain america or a new character completely." So I can understand why people are irritated by that. However not everyone dislikes Miles conception for that reason. You may roll your eyes at another unoriginal publicity stunt, while another will role roll their eyes b/c the character is black/female.

Personally I don't understand what the conflict is. I didn't see these arguments with the various other Supermans, Spidermans, Captain Americas, and Hulks, who were all white and/or males. So why are people becoming distressed or sudden victims of "force political correctness" when another addition to the various other versions of a comic superhero is black or a female?The original characters still exist.

magnetic_eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

“The All-New, All-Derivative Avengers”. It looks like a poor man’s version of Teen Titans. I just don’t get it. Is this meant to replace the main Avengers title post Secret Wars? It’s also pretty insulting that “Earth’s Mightiest Heroes” now include stand-ins for the seasoned originals. Didn’t Peter Parker have to put in years of time proving himself before he even became a reserve member? Was the bar lowered for becoming an Avenger? If so, then that’s embarrassing.

By all means if Marvel want their PC teen team, why don't they just call it "The All-New Young Avengers" and stop imposing upon the original title? Leave the original title alone and have a host of unused seasoned members flourish under the guidance of another creative team. I would love to see Moondragon, Black Panther, Mantis, Ant-Man, Wasp, Valkyrie, Wonder Man, Beast and Captain Marvel utilized as Avengers.

Marvel are toying with the stereotype of visible diversity. Diversity is identifiable by more than just race or gender. It’s not enough to just have a count of diverse characters. This is not about how many minority characters you can squeeze into a super hero team. Diversity is more than demographics.

Visible diversity is generally those things we cannot change and are external, such as age, race, ethnicity, gender, and physical attributes. However, invisible diversity includes those attributes that are not readily seen, such as work experience, marital status, educational background, parental status, politics, income, religious beliefs and affiliations, geographic location, or socioeconomic status.

It’s the combination of diversity attributes, both visible and invisible, that define an individual’s “personal” diversity. No one individual’s personal diversity is exactly like another’s. So, when we recognize, value, and embrace diversity, we are recognizing, valuing, and embracing the uniqueness of each individual.

Marvel are not doing that, they are not aware of what readers actually want, i.e. good, well written, memorable stories. Let me put it another way. I currently only have two Marvel titles on my pull list. The rest of my list consists of titles by other publishers. I remember being a ten year old getting into comics. You know why I got into comics? Because I like to read good stories, NOT because the characters had to be young for me to enjoy what I was reading.

BTW, "The All-New, All-Different X-Men", now that was truly a diverse and international team.

Marvel don't care and Tom Brevoort's throwaway statements are just juvenile. I think it’s just as important that comic creators themselves come from diverse backgrounds. Sadly, most of Marvel’s apes in charge swing from the same tree, all cast from the same mold. They are pandering to a single-minded group of social justice warriors.

No Caption Provided

Even the cover is derivative!

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

hhmmmmmmmm........

kingsarge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

I say the more the merrier. I Just wish they would add Ant-Man and Wasp...

<--- 3D Printer Avenger toy shields!

https://www.etsy.com/listing/229831598/3d-printed-mini-marvels-the-avengers?ref=shop_home_active_19

FuriousWeasel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen said:
    @the_stegman said:

I love how if you're against this, you're a racist. I'm against this not because I hate that they aren't white, but because Marvel is so desperate to be diverse, that they gave us a sh*tty team comprised of teenagers.

Hell, the Young Avengers are probably more competent than these guys.

It's just straw-men arguments because of the weak counter-argument.

That's funny, especially when there's pages of people literally complaining about the diversity of the team. I guess people are just paranoid huh?

It's not diversity that people have a problem with or the race/sex of said characters. I've been an obsessive Marvel collector since I was eleven years old, I buy almost every title released monthly by the company which have included those headed by black and female characters (From well known heroes such as Storm to relatively unknown heroes such as Nightwatch) The problem I have s not the characters themselves it's that these lesser copies of original characters are being pushed to the forefront while the original more interesting historically successful fan-favourites characters are being ignored. I don't even mind copy characters, there have been many Spidey and Thor copies and some are decent characters yet they will always be just that, copies of the original. Parker is Spider-Man, and Steven Rogers is Captain America etc. and while Miles is a decent character he adds nothng fresh to the Spidey mythos other than his skin colour, something that the majority of us don't care about.

tigerkaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can't wait to see all the copies grinder up to mush (Excluding Ms.Marvel) Fuck Them.

RileyD408

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RileyD408

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This proves making ethnic and female versions of existing white characters is how Marvel had chosen to handle the diversity issue. Where is Storm? Where is Carol Danvers? These two should be the top female characters Marvel should push. Where's Black Panther? Luke Cage? The relatively new Blue Marvel?

I'm starting to believe the whole of Secret Wars was designed strictly to replace Peter Parker with Miles Morales and more things like that.

I love that Miles Morales, Kamala Khan (sadly Sooraya Qadir gets overlooked) and Sam Wilson are being promoted as characters but it's sad that they need (or that Marvel feels they need) the crutch of a preexisting title. They should be able to survive on their own without being tethered to an original white character. Kind of defeates the purpose to me.

And why is Northstar not on this team?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.