Follow

Avengers

Team » Avengers appears in 7703 issues.

The Avengers are Earth's mightiest heroes and foremost super-team... "There came a day, a day unlike any other, when Earth's mightiest heroes found themselves united against a common threat. On that day, the Avengers were born - to fight the foes no single super hero could withstand! Heed the call, then - for now, the Avengers Assemble!"

agent coulson back as vision?

WizardofSmiles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By WizardofSmiles

I think bringing him back as an android in the next movies could work. Am I crazy.

htb106

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By htb106
    joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#3  Edited By joshmightbe

@WizardofSmiles: Well Whedon has made it clear that he doesn't want to put Wonderman in I really want to see Vision and I'd like them to keep Joss for the sequel so it could work

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

#4  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

I'd love it.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#5  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

I'm still going with the theory that he's not actually dead.

Joesoef95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Joesoef95

@War Killer said:

How? I think the movie made it pretty clear that he's dead

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#7  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
    @Joesoef95 said:

@War Killer said:

The whole thing Maria Hill brought up about Coulson's cards being in his locker, not his jacket to Fury and him saying "they needed the push." That whole conversation and the fact that it was brought up just made me think that the whole thing was created by Fury and Coulson to bring the team together and give them something worth fighting for.

Not to mention that Tony Stark makes the joke about being LMD and there is a moment where when Coulson goes into the helicarrier's armory, which Nick Fury told him to go in the first place, that he could have switched out for a Life Model Decoy. We all know Fury lies and will lie if he believes that it will get him what he wants, and I could see Coulson agreeing with it as they both knew the team needed the "push".

Will we ever see him in the movies, most likely not, but the fact that he was such a loveable character and because of that one scene with Maria and the cards, I believe he's not really dead.
    fullmetalquach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By fullmetalquach

thatd be pretty awesome, but he also could totally be alive too, but i think turning him into the vision would be better, especially since comic book characters seemingly always come back to life, him being the vision is sorta similar i suppose but definitely not the same as him just being an LMD, which i think would be more satisfying and people would also probably accept it better than him being flat out dead forever or being brought back to life

Loki9876

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By Loki9876

Maybe they could make Vision that he hast he thought-patern (I don't know how the say it in English) of Coulson like Ultron had pym's thought-patern(?). If you know what I mean. but that's it I wouldn't go further.

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By _Zombie_

@War Killer said:

@Joesoef95 said:

@War Killer said:

The whole thing Maria Hill brought up about Coulson's cards being in his locker, not his jacket to Fury and him saying "they needed the push." That whole conversation and the fact that it was brought up just made me think that the whole thing was created by Fury and Coulson to bring the team together and give them something worth fighting for. Not to mention that Tony Stark makes the joke about being LMD and there is a moment where when Coulson goes into the helicarrier's armory, which Nick Fury told him to go in the first place, that he could have switched out for a Life Model Decoy. We all know Fury lies and will lie if he believes that it will get him what he wants, and I could see Coulson agreeing with it as they both knew the team needed the "push". Will we ever see him in the movies, most likely not, but the fact that he was such a loveable character and because of that one scene with Maria and the cards, I believe he's not really dead.

I'm still hanging onto this theory. It makes a lot of sense, really.

OldDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By OldDude

Don't think they should go for it. He was a great character but bringing back him back could kill off the great tension created in the first film. Him being alive the whole time could do that, too (in my mind it's something likeRocky learning that most of his fights were really fixed, happened in the third movie I think, it just killed off the whole series) . Plus people that don't buy comics will no get the whole idea of casually beating death. One thing that they could do though would be bringing Coulson back after beating Thanos as a demand from him, but that too seems too far-fetched even for a marvel movie.

Bringing back dead characters for no good reason could make them seem irrelevant and arrogant and missing the point they made by being there the first time (hello, "Gray's anatomy").

sky-pirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By sky-pirate

@OldDude said:

Don't think they should go for it. He was a great character but bringing back him back could kill off the great tension created in the first film. Him being alive the whole time could do that, too (in my mind it's something likeRocky learning that most of his fights were really fixed, happened in the third movie I think, it just killed off the whole series) . Plus people that don't buy comics will no get the whole idea of casually beating death. One thing that they could do though would be bringing Coulson back after beating Thanos as a demand from him, but that too seems too far-fetched even for a marvel movie.

Bringing back dead characters for no good reason could make them seem irrelevant and arrogant and missing the point they made by being there the first time (hello, "Gray's anatomy").

It wouldn't really be them bringing Coulson back to life, rather having Vision be based on Coulson's brain-pattern (giving him Coulson's memories).

NyxEquitis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By NyxEquitis

@War Killer said:

@Joesoef95 said:

@War Killer said:

The whole thing Maria Hill brought up about Coulson's cards being in his locker, not his jacket to Fury and him saying "they needed the push." That whole conversation and the fact that it was brought up just made me think that the whole thing was created by Fury and Coulson to bring the team together and give them something worth fighting for. Not to mention that Tony Stark makes the joke about being LMD and there is a moment where when Coulson goes into the helicarrier's armory, which Nick Fury told him to go in the first place, that he could have switched out for a Life Model Decoy. We all know Fury lies and will lie if he believes that it will get him what he wants, and I could see Coulson agreeing with it as they both knew the team needed the "push". Will we ever see him in the movies, most likely not, but the fact that he was such a loveable character and because of that one scene with Maria and the cards, I believe he's not really dead.

This. It makes a very good amount of sense, actually. Although at the same time I do kinda agree that it would take away some of the effect that his death had if he comes back. Which is why him coming back as Vision would be a great idea also, if in fact he is really dead.

Chaos Burn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14  Edited By Chaos Burn

love the idea, and itd work well for an Ultron plot

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By cattlebattle
    @War Killer said:

@Joesoef95 said:

@War Killer said:

The whole thing Maria Hill brought up about Coulson's cards being in his locker, not his jacket to Fury and him saying "they needed the push." That whole conversation and the fact that it was brought up just made me think that the whole thing was created by Fury and Coulson to bring the team together and give them something worth fighting for.  Not to mention that Tony Stark makes the joke about being LMD and there is a moment where when Coulson goes into the helicarrier's armory, which Nick Fury told him to go in the first place, that he could have switched out for a Life Model Decoy. We all know Fury lies and will lie if he believes that it will get him what he wants, and I could see Coulson agreeing with it as they both knew the team needed the "push".  Will we ever see him in the movies, most likely not, but the fact that he was such a loveable character and because of that one scene with Maria and the cards, I believe he's not really dead.
    These

The actor that played Coulson is casted for Iron Man 3, unless IM3 takes place before Avengers, the guy never got Whedoned...I mean killed
    OldDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#16  Edited By OldDude

@sky-pirate said:

@OldDude said:

It wouldn't really be them bringing Coulson back to life, rather having Vision be based on Coulson's brain-pattern (giving him Coulson's memories).

Then again, why have Vision acting with Agent Coulson's memories, when they can try and duplicate the brain-patterns of somebody more intelligent like Tony Stark or Bruce Banner. After all, he's just an Agent, I see no special reason S.H.I.E.L.D would have in keeping his intelligence intact in an android... Plus they have not introduced any of the characters essential to the Vision's background (Wasp, ant-man, Scarlet Witch etc). Without these characters and background the character's story would lose much weight and become your standard Marvel character introduced into a movie "just because"... (a-la x-men 3 way).

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.