Follow

Avengers

Team » Avengers appears in 7703 issues.

The Avengers are Earth's mightiest heroes and foremost super-team... "There came a day, a day unlike any other, when Earth's mightiest heroes found themselves united against a common threat. On that day, the Avengers were born - to fight the foes no single super hero could withstand! Heed the call, then - for now, the Avengers Assemble!"

A Theory on Thanos in Avengers: Age of Ultron

Agm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Agm

Original Post is Here. http://thereviewzoo.com/2014/02/20/thanos-age-of-ultron-ending/

Full Post with Image Reference Links Included Below.

When I saw the Avengers for the first time I absolutely enjoyed the hell out of it. Same with the second viewing, the third viewing, and so on and so forth. I’m sure many of you enjoyed it just as much. It’s not a perfect movie but the way Marvel built to it and made such a wonderful cinematic universe makes the imperfections disappear. And lets not forget the Thanos reveal (how could we?).

Now with just over a year to go the second Avengers movie is due out, Avengers: Age of Ultron. I for one am excitedly waiting for and anticipating that films release. With each new detail released my hype grows for it.

But I’m not here to talk about the hype or anticipation for the film. Heck I’m not even going to be discussing the bulk of the movie. I’m simply just going to talk about what I would like to see in the final 20 to 30 minutes of the film. A theory of sorts.

Let me explain.

In the comics Ultron has always been a true test for the Avengers and any other team that joins in on the fight. He is one of the most formidable foes they’ve ever faced. Which is what I expect from this film and surely it will deliver. However the battle verse Ultron I would like to see wrapped up 20 to 30 minutes before the credits roll. My reasoning, the heroes need to see Thanos face to face, so not only they can see his power but the audience can know this dude is dangerous.

No Caption Provided

I’d picture it all going down like this. As the battle of Ultron concludes with most of the Avengers hurt and fatigued, and a couple too hurt for any more battles (Hawkeye, but more on this later) the team gets a distress call from Nick Fury to hurry to one of SHIELD’s most secret facilities. Of course a few of the Avengers get there much quicker than the others due to their abilities. When the first couple of them arrive they find the facility in mass chaos and head in to investigate, following the gun fire.

This is when the Avengers first meet Thanos, who is trashing the facility for one of the infinity gems (possibly the last one he needs). Without hesitation the first heroes at the scene spring into action against him. In short order he takes out Quicksilver, War Machine and severely damages the Vision. Leaving him up against Thor and Iron Man till the rest get there. At first it seems like Thor and Iron Man will handle him but then he cranks up the power decibels obliterating Iron Man (near death). As he is putting the finishing touches on Thor the rest of the cavalry arrives and the Hulk is unleashed.

You would think things would turn out better now but that’s when it all goes to hell. The Hulk has yet to be tested in any of the movies he’s been in and this confrontation with Thanos would be his first true test. I actually hope it would be an embarrassing battle for the Hulk. Being easily knocked out, shattering his ego and making the Hulk feel not so Hulkish when he comes back to.

As the Hulk is being pummeled the rest of the able body Avengers appear. Scarlet Witch alters Thanos’ perception of reality so Black Widow and some of the remaining SHIELD agents can get the wounded out. This is when Captain America approaches Thanos not wavering and gives him an ultimatium. Thanos of course laughs it off and gets a right hook from Captain America. Tired of playing games Thanos blasts Cap with one of the gems appearing to be vaporized (more on this).

No Caption Provided

Thanos surveys the room as everyone there looks distraught seeing Captain America vaporized before their eyes. He delivers a menacing speech before KO’ing the remaining Avenger’s and teleports out of there via one of the gems. Now you roll credits.

Grim ending? Yes! Though I feel necessary. Thanos is the end game boss and you have to show his true power before the final movie otherwise he doesn’t come off as truly that powerful.

As I mentioned above Hawkeye would not be part of this battle because he needs to survive and be able to seek out the Hulk in phase 3 when a new band of Avengers is being put together to fight the universe’s biggest threat; Thanos. The Hulk is now no longer hiding from a society that will not accept him but hiding from his shame and failures in the battle with Thanos. Now this would slightly change the story for the next Hulk movie that I suggested but really only the beginning and the reason Hawkeye is out venturing.

(Previous article about a Hulk/Hawkeye Movie below)http://thereviewzoo.com/2014/02/13/incredible-hulk-solo-movie-problem-solved/

Most of the other characters would be fine after some time minus Iron Man who I figured would get the most punishment dealt but mainly for contractual reasons. No Iron Man 4 in the pipeline so why work more movies into Robert Downey Jr’s contract when you can just sign him for the 3rd Avengers, when he conveniently awakens from his coma.

Now back to Captain America. What happened with him? Well he was teleported out of there before he was vaporized but neither Thanos or any of the Avengers could tell. Who teleported him? One of the many cosmic characters who can foresee future events like Uatu. Maybe Adam Warlock or my personal favorite for setting up the next round after phase 3; Kang. All of which saved Captain America to tell him of the future that would come about if Thanos succeeds.

No Caption Provided

Phase 3 would end up being littered with new heroes movies if this ending came to fruition. We’d get Doctor Strange (already confirmed), Black Panther, maybe Ms. Marvel or Nova. Someone capable to take over Silver Surfer’s role in the Infinity Gauntlet story. All these movies would end up taking place before the events at the end of Age of Ultron. Someone at Marvel did say (I think Kevin Feige) that the Doctor Strange movie was going to span from phase 1 and onward. So there’s that.

Even if Thanos does not rear his ugly head in Age of Ultron to do battle with the Avenger’s I have no doubt Kevin Feige and Joss Whedon will deliver a stellar film. It’s what we’ve all come to expect of a Marvel film. We may even get lucky enough to see Thanos use some of his powers in Guardians of the Galaxy but I don’t think that will be the case. 5 to 10 minutes screen time tops and more of him just asserting his control over other characters in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

One little side note for another character that could quite possibly show up in the film is Mantis. As it’s been reported by some sites that South Korean actress Kim Soo-hyun was casted for an unspecified role in the film. Mantis is also a character that has interacted with the Guardians of the Galaxy so there is that also.

No Caption Provided

How would you feel if Avengers: Age of Ultron ended on a grim note with Thanos reigning supreme? Let us know! Are we crazy or could we be on to something?

Avatar image for deactivated-611928878d365
    deactivated-611928878d365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Too cluttered, this movie is about Ultron. You have some good ideas but I'd only have Thanos briefly at the end of Avengers 2.

Agm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oscars94: Well last 20 minutes of a two something hour movie is relatively brief.

Avatar image for deactivated-611928878d365
    deactivated-611928878d365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agm: I guess it could work. Thanos is a bamf!

Agm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Too much Thanos

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sounds like bad fan fiction.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

I'm gonna say no.

Spideysense44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

maybe if Ultron does some of this because it is sorta his movie but i like all of these ideas

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.