Who do you think might die after Avengers vs. X-Men?

Avatar image for rabbitearsblog
#1 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (6528 posts) - - Show Bio

Which one of the Avengers or X-Men do you think might get killed after this event? This is just a thought and it might not happen, but you'll never know with Marvel.

Avatar image for deactivated-579156ff11b09
#2 Posted by deactivated-579156ff11b09 (1234 posts) - - Show Bio

- I have a hunch it might involve one or more of the Generation Hope kids

- Considering their link with Hope and her being front and center as part of the upcoming event, I don't see how they are not involved in some way. With the recent cancellation of their book and the general lack of enthusiasm for the characters I could see them being killed of as they really don't have much to offer in the future from what I have seen.

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
#3 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23390 posts) - - Show Bio

Probably Cyclops. 

Avatar image for armiv2
#4 Posted by ARMIV2 (10004 posts) - - Show Bio

...For whatever reason I want to say Iron Fist...and I don't know why...

Avatar image for rabbitearsblog
#5 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (6528 posts) - - Show Bio
@WarMachineMarkV said:

- I have a hunch it might involve one or more of the Generation Hope kids

- Considering their link with Hope and her being front and center as part of the upcoming event, I don't see how they are not involved in some way. With the recent cancellation of their book and the general lack of enthusiasm for the characters I could see them being killed of as they really don't have much to offer in the future from what I have seen.

I agree. I haven't really seen much development from Hope so it's possible that Marvel might kill her off after this event.
Avatar image for poisonfleur
#6 Posted by poisonfleur (4011 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow this could spin off in so many different directions. I agree about someone on Hope's team dying. That seems sensible. Although a random character dying for shock factor would be interesting. Apparently I heard someone get's shot in the face in the last book. LOL I wonder who and who kills them?

Avatar image for _slim_
#7 Posted by _slim_ (16520 posts) - - Show Bio

Hope.

Avatar image for deactivated-579156ff11b09
#8 Posted by deactivated-579156ff11b09 (1234 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rabbitearsblog said:

@WarMachineMarkV said:

- I have a hunch it might involve one or more of the Generation Hope kids

- Considering their link with Hope and her being front and center as part of the upcoming event, I don't see how they are not involved in some way. With the recent cancellation of their book and the general lack of enthusiasm for the characters I could see them being killed of as they really don't have much to offer in the future from what I have seen.

I agree. I haven't really seen much development from Hope so it's possible that Marvel might kill her off after this event.

- I think its more likely one or more of the Lights are killed off before Hope, but its possible if Jean actually comes back this time as having both around isn't likely

Avatar image for billy_batson
#9 Posted by Billy Batson (59636 posts) - - Show Bio

Cyclops.
BB

Avatar image for _slim_
#10 Posted by _slim_ (16520 posts) - - Show Bio

They better not kill Slim.

Avatar image for innervenom123
#11 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29887 posts) - - Show Bio

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

Probably Cyclops.

This.

Avatar image for Manchine
#12 Posted by Manchine (5512 posts) - - Show Bio

Since Batman is the answer for everything...... obvious answer would be BATMAN!

Avatar image for thewitchinghour
#13 Posted by TheWitchingHour (1350 posts) - - Show Bio

Brian Michael Bendis

Avatar image for _slim_
#14 Posted by _slim_ (16520 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheWitchingHour said:

Brian Michael Bendis

lol

Avatar image for innervenom123
#15 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29887 posts) - - Show Bio

@lykopis said:

@InnerVenom123 said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

Probably Cyclops.

This.

They better not.....

Allow me to introduce you to exhibit A.

No Caption Provided
Avatar image for innervenom123
#16 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29887 posts) - - Show Bio

@lykopis said:

@InnerVenom123:

I still tremble with anger over that....what the hell are they doing to Scott.....

Making him into the bad guy.

And, as we all know, bad guys tend to die in these events.

Avatar image for rabbitearsblog
#17 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (6528 posts) - - Show Bio
@lykopis said:

@InnerVenom123:

I still tremble with anger over that....what the hell are they doing to Scott.....

Unfortunately, the way they are making Cyclops seem like the bad guy (which I don't know why they are doing that) it's possible that he might die after this event, even though it's a bad way to deal with a character.
Avatar image for gambit1024
#18 Posted by Gambit1024 (10217 posts) - - Show Bio

If Cyclops survived Schism, I doubt that he'll be the one to die in AvX.

If anything, it'll be a random-ass character. There's been a trend:

  • Avengers: Disassembled- Hawkeye, Ant-Man, Vision
  • HoM- No actual deaths, but I consider the huge chunk of mutants as a loss
  • Civil War- Black Goliath
  • Secret Invasion- Wasp
  • Siege- Ares, Sentry
  • Fear Itself- Thor (albeit, not exactly random, but still a wtf nonetheless)
Avatar image for deactivated-579156ff11b09
#19 Posted by deactivated-579156ff11b09 (1234 posts) - - Show Bio

- I think it is very unlikely that Cyclops ends up dead, they have barely played out the Cyclops vs Wolverine schism and to throw that angle away this quick makes little sense. There may be some situation where this makes sense but I currently do not see such a scenario

- I agree with Gambit1024 that a lesser tier character death is far more likely based on past events.

Avatar image for rabbitearsblog
#20 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (6528 posts) - - Show Bio
@lykopis said:

@Rabbitearsblog said:

@lykopis said:

@InnerVenom123:

I still tremble with anger over that....what the hell are they doing to Scott.....

Unfortunately, the way they are making Cyclops seem like the bad guy (which I don't know why they are doing that) it's possible that he might die after this event, even though it's a bad way to deal with a character.

You know - not for anything, but so help me if they do - it's such a horrible treatment of a character. You know? I was thinking more along the lines of Hope - Messiah, sacrifice, etc? But yes, I can see them doing this to Scott. :(

Yeah, to be honest, I think Hope is the one who will die since this event is surrounded by her.
 
@WarMachineMarkV said:

- I think it is very unlikely that Cyclops ends up dead, they have barely played out the Cyclops vs Wolverine schism and to throw that angle away this quick makes little sense. There may be some situation where this makes sense but I currently do not see such a scenario

- I agree with Gambit1024 that a lesser tier character death is far more likely based on past events.


Yeah, if they haven't fully fleshed out Cyclops' fight with Wolverine, then killing too soon would be for nothing.
Avatar image for deactivated-579156ff11b09
#21 Posted by deactivated-579156ff11b09 (1234 posts) - - Show Bio

@InnerVenom123 said:

@lykopis said:

@InnerVenom123 said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

Probably Cyclops.

This.

They better not.....

Allow me to introduce you to exhibit A.

No Caption Provided

- This panel still makes me laugh, Cyclops is way too smart and has way too much experience with the Phoenix to ever think he could somehow maintain any kind of control over it to benefit mutantkind.

- The idea that everyone but him realizes that the return of the Phoenix in any manner is a disaster in the making is a joke, I am constantly amazed how writers who obviously are fanboys of the character can do such a terrible job of painting him in a good light.

Avatar image for leethomasart
#22 Posted by LeeThomasART (196 posts) - - Show Bio

@InnerVenom123 said:

@lykopis said:

@InnerVenom123 said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

Probably Cyclops.

This.

They better not.....

Allow me to introduce you to exhibit A.

y
y

Considering "Exhibit A", I'd assume Magneto, heavily due to his incredibly lazy eye and drool-sure slack jaw.

Avatar image for deactivated-579156ff11b09
#23 Posted by deactivated-579156ff11b09 (1234 posts) - - Show Bio

@LeeThomasART said:

@InnerVenom123 said:

@lykopis said:

@InnerVenom123 said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

Probably Cyclops.

This.

They better not.....

Allow me to introduce you to exhibit A.

y
y

Considering "Exhibit A", I'd assume Magneto, heavily due to his incredibly lazy eye and drool-sure slack jaw.

- Erik must have had a mini-stroke after he just heard the leader of mutantkind say he wants to use the Phoenix and was not drunk or kidding. This would explain the facial issues and you can't give an old guy that kind of shock and not expect something bad to happen

Avatar image for leethomasart
#24 Posted by LeeThomasART (196 posts) - - Show Bio

@WarMachineMarkV said:

@LeeThomasART said:

@InnerVenom123 said:

@lykopis said:

@InnerVenom123 said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

Probably Cyclops.

This.

They better not.....

Allow me to introduce you to exhibit A.

y
y

Considering "Exhibit A", I'd assume Magneto, heavily due to his incredibly lazy eye and drool-sure slack jaw.

- Erik must have had a mini-stroke after he just heard the leader of mutantkind say he wants to use the Phoenix and was not drunk or kidding. This would explain the facial issues and you can't give an old guy that kind of shock and not expect something bad to happen

@WarMachineMarkV said:

@LeeThomasART said:

@InnerVenom123 said:

@lykopis said:

@InnerVenom123 said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

Probably Cyclops.

This.

They better not.....

Allow me to introduce you to exhibit A.

y
y

Considering "Exhibit A", I'd assume Magneto, heavily due to his incredibly lazy eye and drool-sure slack jaw.

- Erik must have had a mini-stroke after he just heard the leader of mutantkind say he wants to use the Phoenix and was not drunk or kidding. This would explain the facial issues and you can't give an old guy that kind of shock and not expect something bad to happen

That...OR Marvel REALLY needs to cut back costs and is deeply gauging their artist fund...JRJr. Really?!

Avatar image for thanobomb1124
#25 Posted by thanobomb1124 (2041 posts) - - Show Bio

Nobody.......I hope

Avatar image for rabbitearsblog
#26 Edited by Rabbitearsblog (6528 posts) - - Show Bio
@thanobomb1124 said:

Nobody.......I hope

I really hope nobody dies either. I'm getting really tired of deaths in comics.
Avatar image for catpanexe
#27 Posted by CATPANEXE (9505 posts) - - Show Bio

Hope. Seeing as her series is coming to a close and there was a solicit for a cover with her in a coffin.

I pray it doesn't come to that, I like Hope a lot, then again I like Generation Hope a lot too and it's going to hang with my beloved X-23 series so...

But if it is someone that's who I think it will be. I'm not convinced on Cyclops. They have too much invested in him right now, especially in an inevitable

and kind of predictable X-Men/mutant centric Civil War type story down the line.

Maybe Wolverine will die? :P

Noticing a few of the comments in here, I'm wondering to myself if G-Man is on the money and Cable won't even be present for this event?

Avatar image for original_sin
#28 Posted by Original_Sin (356 posts) - - Show Bio

Let it be Hope.

Avatar image for xspectre28
#29 Posted by XsPectre28 (760 posts) - - Show Bio

i dnt think that Hope will die, i think that she & jean will switch places letting jean return & hope taking her place in the White HottRoom. i think that no deaths will occur & if there are death's the Phoenix/Angel/Scarlet Witch Will bring them back. Hoping for some other returns during this battle~~~~~ Namely Synch.... I KNOW HE IS STILL ALIVE

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.