Follow

Avengers vs. X-Men

Story arc »

Marvel Comics' 2012 event. As a repercussion from the events that took place in The Children's Crusade, Fear Itself, Schism, and X-Sanction, the Avengers and X-Men go to war over the return of the Phoenix Force.

Avengers vs. X-men in 5 panels (at last!)

• 59 results
    The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#55  Edited By waezi2
    Avatar image for shadowswordmaster
    ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 13

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
    amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

#62  Edited By amazing_webhead

@waezi2:

Weren't you problem to begin with that you were feared and loathed by humanity? Why would you want that to anyone?

right, because clearly changing to avoid bigotry rather than getting rid of the bigotry itself is ALWAYS the solution

also, you forgot what an unbelievable @$$hole Wolverine was. Quoth tvtropes.org ...

Throughout the series and aftermath, the only one who seems to be constantly a Designated Hero is Wolverine, who essentially causes the conflict by telling Captain America what essentially amounted to biased accounts on Cyclops' character and the Phoenix as a whole, repeatedly attempts to kill Hope because 'it's the only way' to stop the Phoenix (which would have fucked everything up had he been successful), and afterwards doesn't even try to help the newly appearing, and vulnerable, mutants. He does however, find the time to harass Cyclops at every opportunity when he tries to do so.

not to mention how Cyclops is blamed for his actions as Dark Phoenix, despite how every time Jean wipes out a fucking galaxy she's immediately forgiven.

however...

Bonds are forever broken! ... Again... This is REALLY getting old.

Couldn't have put it any better myself :)

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@waezi2:

Weren't you problem to begin with that you were feared and loathed by humanity? Why would you want that to anyone?

right, because clearly changing to avoid bigotry rather than getting rid of the bigotry itself is ALWAYS the solution

not to mention how Cyclops is blamed for his actions as Dark Phoenix, despite how every time Jean wipes out a fucking galaxy she's immediately forgiven.

No, you don't understand. I'm saying that Scott wants to force other people to have a problem he loathed. Think about it like this; Let's say I'm a... Jewish man, and I'm sad about the fact that there aren't so many Jews around, so I use a jew-raygun to make others jewish, whether they like it or not. Meaning that a; they have to face the same bigotry I face, and b; they have to change their lifestyle completely because of something I decided.

Also, why is it important that mutants exist? To fight supervillains? There are already superheroes, and more will most likely appear without the help of mutant genes. The x gen could just as well create more evil mutants. Scott just wanted mutants because he sees them as a people, a race. But all those people who gained mutant powers? They are still the same people, only now they have powers and have to deal with bigots. Sure, people became mutants whether they liked it or not before M-Day, but that was natures way of saying; tough break, you are a freaks now. Not the mutants.

And Jean didn't chose to use the P Force to achieve something. It was more or less a burden. Scott was foolish enough to think he could somehow manipulate it through Hope. hat's not just dangerous, it's also stupid. Yes, P Force gives rebirth, but usually with a lot of DESTRUCTION in the mix.

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
    amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

@waezi2 said:
    @amazing_webhead said:

@waezi2:

No, you don't understand. I'm saying that Scott wants to force other people to have a problem he loathed. Think about it like this; Let's say I'm a... Jewish man, and I'm sad about the fact that there aren't so many Jews around, so I use a jew-raygun to make others jewish, whether they like it or not. Meaning that a; they have to face the same bigotry I face, and b; they have to change their lifestyle completely because of something I decided.

Also, why is it important that mutants exist? To fight supervillains? There are already superheroes, and more will most likely appear without the help of mutant genes. The x gen could just as well create more evil mutants. Scott just wanted mutants because he sees them as a people, a race. But all those people who gained mutant powers? They are still the same people, only now they have powers and have to deal with bigots. Sure, people became mutants whether they liked it or not before M-Day, but that was natures way of saying; tough break, you are a freaks now. Not the mutants.

And Jean didn't chose to use the P Force to achieve something. It was more or less a burden. Scott was foolish enough to think he could somehow manipulate it through Hope. hat's not just dangerous, it's also stupid. Yes, P Force gives rebirth, but usually with a lot of DESTRUCTION in the mix.

well either way, at least we can agree that it was a really stupid event

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

phisigmatau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#66  Edited By phisigmatau

@waezi2:
    great take on a terrible crossover event
    which is the norm for marvel

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.