Avengers vs X-men ..... has gotten really stupid

  • 155 results
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
Avatar image for xxeroone
#1 Posted by XxeroOne (115 posts) - - Show Bio

So basically, the phoenix force gives the wielder unlimited, unmatched power...well atleast that is how the writers are portraying it to be. I have never seen rachel or jean pull off the feats the cheetah girls phoenix five is pulling off. How would scott and his band know how to control the phoenix force without first learning how to use it? I'm confused about where this whole thing is going. If you read issue 6 then you would have seen when cyclops blocked a full hammer blow from thor......really? Even Sentry found it difficult to stop a hammer blow from thor but....i guess so.

i think these images are directed to storm fans because half of us swear and believe she can beat phoenix ... if it is, then Marvel can kick rocks

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Im surprised thor didn't yell HAVE AT THEE! I wonder how thor fans feel about this?

What are you guys thoughts about act two for AVX?

Avatar image for dman1366
#2 Posted by Dman1366 (1328 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it is sweet. 5 cosmic mutant overlords/warlords of earth. Sounds right up my ally. And FYI they cannot control it, that is what this is about. They have a tiny grasp on it at first, like Jean, and then it consumes them. That is how it goes for ALL phoenix encounters. As for blocking Thors hammer, really? It is the freaking Phoenix Force. It is unlimited potential.

Avatar image for kainscion
#3 Posted by KainScion (2991 posts) - - Show Bio

@LimitlessPower: first: its the freaking PF. second: if storm beats any of the P5 it is the most retarded thing marvel will print.EVER.

Avatar image for john_valentine
#4 Posted by John Valentine (16467 posts) - - Show Bio

LOL, Storm fans thinking she can beat Life and Rebirth incarnate.

Avatar image for hareil0079
#5 Edited by Hareil0079 (442 posts) - - Show Bio

Where's everyone getting the Idea that Storm will face off with the P5, the only thing i've gathered is that BP, Beast and Captain Britain will most likely betray the avengers.

Edit: yea, its the PF with near limitless potential but can be beaten if your Franklin Richards, Beyonder, Galactus, Living Tribunal, Jamie Braddock, Adam Warlock, Possibly the Sentry (if he were alive)

Avatar image for osian2
#6 Posted by Osian2 (461 posts) - - Show Bio

The Phoenix Five is the best thing that has happened to this event. The first five issues were slow, boring,had bad art and everyone acted like idiots but issue 6 has given me some hope that things will get better.

On the subject of them controlling the Phoenix it's only 1/5 of the power they're wielding so it probably is a lot easier to control and use (this doesn't mean that it won't get out of control though).

Also Storm controls the Weather, Thor has super strength, can fly without having to use the winds, has a magic hammer, and can also use lightning. Storm doesn't have a chance against Thor and if Thor couldn't harm Scott then Storm hasn't got any sort of chance.

Avatar image for john_valentine
#7 Posted by John Valentine (16467 posts) - - Show Bio

@Hareil0079 said:

Where's everyone getting the Idea that Storm will face off with the P5, the only thing i've gathered is that BP, Beast and Captain Britain will most likely betray the avengers.

Why Black Panther?

Avatar image for revamp
#8 Posted by ReVamp (23015 posts) - - Show Bio

Wait... Someone's saying that a Marvel event is stupid?

Impossible... o.O

Avatar image for osian2
#9 Edited by Osian2 (461 posts) - - Show Bio

@John Valentine said:

@Hareil0079 said:

Where's everyone getting the Idea that Storm will face off with the P5, the only thing i've gathered is that BP, Beast and Captain Britain will most likely betray the avengers.

Why Black Panther?

Beast and Black Panther were the two Avengers that argued against Cap saying that it might be better to do nothing as the P5 are changing things for the better. Also Black Panther refused to be a part of the mission to kidnapp Hope saying that Wakanda didn't support it either.

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
#10 Posted by PhoenixoftheTides (4650 posts) - - Show Bio

The whole event has already jumped the shark, the Phoenix 5 is really the most entertaining thing to come out of this.

And, yeah, nigh unlimited telepathic, telekinetic and energy manipulation is always going to trump manipulating the weather and Thor's main advantage is that he's a god, so he can survive the P5 without PIS. Storm is a non-factor against this type of cosmic force.

Avatar image for pwok21
#11 Posted by Pwok21 (2464 posts) - - Show Bio

@Osian2 said:

@John Valentine said:

@Hareil0079 said:

Where's everyone getting the Idea that Storm will face off with the P5, the only thing i've gathered is that BP, Beast and Captain Britain will most likely betray the avengers.

Why Black Panther?

Beast and Black Panther were the two Avengers that argued against Cap saying that it might be better to do nothing as the P5 are changing things for the better. Also Black Panther refused to be a part of the mission to kidnapp Hope saying that Wakanda didn't support it either.

That wasn't because he didn't agree with it, as he talked to the President to confirm his belief that they should be stopped due to lack of conviction. If you have super powerful warriors that have declared that there will be no war, then you do not want a small country that has just had it's main stream of income being targeted.

That said, he was one of The Avengers to oppose Cap in whether they were doing any harm or not, but he made his feelings pretty clear towards the end of the issue.

Avatar image for hareil0079
#12 Edited by Hareil0079 (442 posts) - - Show Bio

@Pwok21 said:

@Osian2 said:

@John Valentine said:

@Hareil0079 said:

Where's everyone getting the Idea that Storm will face off with the P5, the only thing i've gathered is that BP, Beast and Captain Britain will most likely betray the avengers.

Why Black Panther?

Beast and Black Panther were the two Avengers that argued against Cap saying that it might be better to do nothing as the P5 are changing things for the better. Also Black Panther refused to be a part of the mission to kidnapp Hope saying that Wakanda didn't support it either.

That wasn't because he didn't agree with it, as he talked to the President to confirm his belief that they should be stopped due to lack of conviction. If you have super powerful warriors that have declared that there will be no war, then you do not want a small country that has just had it's main stream of income being targeted.

That said, he was one of The Avengers to oppose Cap in whether they were doing any harm or not, but he made his feelings pretty clear towards the end of the issue.

His talk with the president, he pointed out that his people for the first time can go where they want like Sudan and Ethiopia without fear. So he didn't agree as so much as disagree but pointed out that the P5 didn't declare themselves anything just gave and ultimatum of peace. The presidents words were what they were BS. Charles Xavier's Dream is peace of co-existence of mutants and humans and right now Mutants are on Utopia and no where else and Humans are well...everywhere else except for Utopia or Pax Utopia as it's called now.

Avatar image for osian2
#13 Edited by Osian2 (461 posts) - - Show Bio

@Pwok21 said:

@Osian2 said:

@John Valentine said:

@Hareil0079 said:

Where's everyone getting the Idea that Storm will face off with the P5, the only thing i've gathered is that BP, Beast and Captain Britain will most likely betray the avengers.

Why Black Panther?

Beast and Black Panther were the two Avengers that argued against Cap saying that it might be better to do nothing as the P5 are changing things for the better. Also Black Panther refused to be a part of the mission to kidnapp Hope saying that Wakanda didn't support it either.

That wasn't because he didn't agree with it, as he talked to the President to confirm his belief that they should be stopped due to lack of conviction. If you have super powerful warriors that have declared that there will be no war, then you do not want a small country that has just had it's main stream of income being targeted.

That said, he was one of The Avengers to oppose Cap in whether they were doing any harm or not, but he made his feelings pretty clear towards the end of the issue.

He isn't opposing the Avengers but he doesn't agree with them either. When he speaks to the president all he says is that refugees are now heading from Wakanda for the first time in decades and that these changes merit consideration. It isn't shown whether he agrees with the president or not. During the mission to kidnapp Hope he says "I'm a head-of-state. It cannot appear as if Wakanda supports this action...as we do not. No matter how well-intentioned it mught be."

I don't know much about the financial workings of Wakanda but surely war isn't their main stream of income is it? I thought it was supposed to be free of war.

Avatar image for hareil0079
#14 Posted by Hareil0079 (442 posts) - - Show Bio

Don't forget about the Doom War in which Wakanda lost most of it's precious source of income..vibranium

Avatar image for blood1991
#15 Edited by Blood1991 (8115 posts) - - Show Bio

Your really grouping us all into some stereotype that we all believe she can beat Phoenix. That is like 3 idiot users and a handful of trolls.

Avatar image for pwok21
#16 Posted by Pwok21 (2464 posts) - - Show Bio

@Osian2 said:

@Pwok21 said:

@Osian2 said:

@John Valentine said:

@Hareil0079 said:

Where's everyone getting the Idea that Storm will face off with the P5, the only thing i've gathered is that BP, Beast and Captain Britain will most likely betray the avengers.

Why Black Panther?

Beast and Black Panther were the two Avengers that argued against Cap saying that it might be better to do nothing as the P5 are changing things for the better. Also Black Panther refused to be a part of the mission to kidnapp Hope saying that Wakanda didn't support it either.

That wasn't because he didn't agree with it, as he talked to the President to confirm his belief that they should be stopped due to lack of conviction. If you have super powerful warriors that have declared that there will be no war, then you do not want a small country that has just had it's main stream of income being targeted.

That said, he was one of The Avengers to oppose Cap in whether they were doing any harm or not, but he made his feelings pretty clear towards the end of the issue.

He isn't opposing the Avengers but he doesn't agree with them either. When he speaks to the president all he says is that refugees are now heading from Wakanda for the first time in decades and that these changes merit consideration. It isn't shown whether he agrees with the president or not. During the mission to kidnapp Hope he says "I'm a head-of-state. It cannot appear as if Wakanda supports this action...as we do not. No matter how well-intentioned it mught be."

I don't know much about the financial workings of Wakanda but surely war isn't their main stream of income is it? I thought it was supposed to be free of war.

I wasn't referring to their income because of war but their inability to have a war due to their funds being out of commission (Post-Doom War Vibranium).

Avatar image for osian2
#17 Posted by Osian2 (461 posts) - - Show Bio

@Pwok21: Oh okay I misunderstood.

Avatar image for pwok21
#18 Posted by Pwok21 (2464 posts) - - Show Bio

@Osian2:

It's fine, it's not like a Pre-Doom War Wakanda could handle the Phoenix Five anyway...

Avatar image for josedriveratcr7
#19 Posted by JoseDRiveraTCR7 (1020 posts) - - Show Bio

As a Thor fan I was more offended that he hit a innocent kid.

And yeah it's stupid, but it was stupid from the word go. This event is just to get money from the fanboys that always imagined what would happen if the Avengers and the X-Men fought.

Avatar image for xspectre28
#20 Posted by XsPectre28 (760 posts) - - Show Bio

I Personally think that the reason why they can controll the power of the PF is because it is split into 5 parts....... Scott(heart) Emma(Mind) Colossus(Body) Magik(Soul) & Namor(dont have 1 for him yet) or that now that jean is the phoenix the Force no longer has a mind of its own it is just doing the bidding of Jean & moving towards its new host which was meant to be hope (i still think Hope was created by Scarlett Witch on behalf of jean & i also think it was the phoenix that stopped Scarlett Witch's "No More Mutants" Spell from claiming every mutant

Avatar image for thecrowbar
#21 Posted by TheCrowbar (4397 posts) - - Show Bio

@XsPectre28 said:

I Personally think that the reason why they can controll the power of the PF is because it is split into 5 parts....... Scott(heart) Emma(Mind) Colossus(Body) Magik(Soul) & Namor(dont have 1 for him yet) or that now that jean is the phoenix the Force no longer has a mind of its own it is just doing the bidding of Jean & moving towards its new host which was meant to be hope (i still think Hope was created by Scarlett Witch on behalf of jean & i also think it was the phoenix that stopped Scarlett Witch's "No More Mutants" Spell from claiming every mutant

Namor is the cod piece.

AVX infinite 6 goes into Cyclops dealing with this power.

Avatar image for batwatch
#22 Posted by BatWatch (5485 posts) - - Show Bio

This series doesn't even look interesting to me.

Avatar image for dman1366
#23 Posted by Dman1366 (1328 posts) - - Show Bio

@JoseDRiveraTCR7 said:

As a Thor fan I was more offended that he hit a innocent kid.

And yeah it's stupid, but it was stupid from the word go. This event is just to get money from the fanboys that always imagined what would happen if the Avengers and the X-Men fought.

the avengers AND the Fantastic Four have already fought the xmen in the 80's

@XsPectre28 said:

I Personally think that the reason why they can controll the power of the PF is because it is split into 5 parts....... Scott(heart) Emma(Mind) Colossus(Body) Magik(Soul) & Namor(dont have 1 for him yet) or that now that jean is the phoenix the Force no longer has a mind of its own it is just doing the bidding of Jean & moving towards its new host which was meant to be hope (i still think Hope was created by Scarlett Witch on behalf of jean & i also think it was the phoenix that stopped Scarlett Witch's "No More Mutants" Spell from claiming every mutant

Namor = lust

Avatar image for hareil0079
#24 Posted by Hareil0079 (442 posts) - - Show Bio

@Pwok21 said:

@Osian2:

It's fine, it's not like a Pre-Doom War Wakanda could handle the Phoenix Five anyway...

No cause BP will betray the avengers.

Avatar image for ageofhurricane
#25 Edited by AgeofHurricane (7699 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blood1991 said:

Your really grouping us all into some stereotype that we all believe she can beat Phoenix. That is like 3 idiot users and a handful of trolls.

Indeed. Though, this thread isn't as stupid as AvX is, nearly there, though.

Avatar image for ageofhurricane
#26 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7699 posts) - - Show Bio

@Hareil0079 said:

Don't forget about the Doom War in which Wakanda lost most of it's precious source of income..vibranium

You clearly haven't read FF's most recent issue. Wakanda doesn't need to rely on Vibranium anymore.

Avatar image for hareil0079
#27 Posted by Hareil0079 (442 posts) - - Show Bio

@AgeofHurricane said:

@Hareil0079 said:

Don't forget about the Doom War in which Wakanda lost most of it's precious source of income..vibranium

You clearly haven't read FF's most recent issue. Wakanda doesn't need to rely on Vibranium anymore.

Nope and thank you for pointing that out. So why don't you bring me up to speed on that issue.

Avatar image for crimsoncake
#28 Posted by CrimsonCake (2866 posts) - - Show Bio

And yet I'm still wondering if I should get the story oriented comics or the ones where they just battle.

Avatar image for hareil0079
#29 Posted by Hareil0079 (442 posts) - - Show Bio

Get the Battles and get the Tie-ins with the exception of AA and you'll be fine.

Avatar image for pwok21
#30 Posted by Pwok21 (2464 posts) - - Show Bio

@Hareil0079 said:

@Pwok21 said:

@Osian2:

It's fine, it's not like a Pre-Doom War Wakanda could handle the Phoenix Five anyway...

No cause BP will betray the avengers.

If you believe so, but I can't see him standing by whilst the Phoenix Five wipe out the Avengers...

Avatar image for hareil0079
#31 Posted by Hareil0079 (442 posts) - - Show Bio

@Pwok21 said:

@Hareil0079 said:

@Pwok21 said:

@Osian2:

It's fine, it's not like a Pre-Doom War Wakanda could handle the Phoenix Five anyway...

No cause BP will betray the avengers.

If you believe so, but I can't see him standing by whilst the Phoenix Five wipe out the Avengers...

I can because in AvX#7 takes place in Wakanda and BP wasn't in agreement with the Avengers raid on Pax Utopia and plus the P5 have given his people happiness yea he has good grounds to. Avengers trying to seek Asylum in a nation that wants no part of what the avengers conflict... I can see it happen.

Avatar image for imagine_man15
#32 Posted by Imagine_Man15 (1809 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm actually kind of liking this event. Sure its not the best thing to ever come out of Marvel, but its far better than what I was expecting.

Avatar image for kallarkz
#33 Posted by Kallarkz (3389 posts) - - Show Bio

I was skeptic about this event but when the Phoenix 5 idea became known I was convinced that I was going to enjoy this series and I have. 

Avatar image for osian2
#34 Posted by Osian2 (461 posts) - - Show Bio

@Hareil0079 said:

@Pwok21 said:

@Hareil0079 said:

@Pwok21 said:

@Osian2:

It's fine, it's not like a Pre-Doom War Wakanda could handle the Phoenix Five anyway...

No cause BP will betray the avengers.

If you believe so, but I can't see him standing by whilst the Phoenix Five wipe out the Avengers...

I can because in AvX#7 takes place in Wakanda and BP wasn't in agreement with the Avengers raid on Pax Utopia and plus the P5 have given his people happiness yea he has good grounds to. Avengers trying to seek Asylum in a nation that wants no part of what the avengers conflict... I can see it happen.

IMO he will probably take a neutral stance where he won't help the Avengers but he won't help hunt them either.

Avatar image for hareil0079
#35 Posted by Hareil0079 (442 posts) - - Show Bio

2 weeks away

Avatar image for warlock2792
#36 Posted by WARLOCK2792 (18072 posts) - - Show Bio

@LimitlessPower said:

So basically, the phoenix force gives the wielder unlimited, unmatched power...well atleast that is how the writers are portraying it to be. I have never seen rachel or jean pull off the feats the cheetah girls phoenix five is pulling off. How would scott and his band know how to control the phoenix force without first learning how to use it? I'm confused about where this whole thing is going. If you read issue 6 then you would have seen when cyclops blocked a full hammer blow from thor......really? Even Sentry found it difficult to stop a hammer blow from thor but....i guess so.

i think these images are directed to storm fans because half of us swear and believe she can beat phoenix ... if it is, then Marvel can kick rocks

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Im surprised thor didn't yell HAVE AT THEE! I wonder how thor fans feel about this?

What are you guys thoughts about act two for AVX?

The only Storm fans that believe she can defeat Phoenix, are the ones with little to no X-Men knowledge. It's a stretch to take this as a personal dig to Storm fans, because she'd FIRST have to get on Thor's level........which will never happen......Thor is a God, with beyond uber power levels. Storm is a powerful mutant...but she's not at on his level, because Odinforce pwns whatever power she possesses. I do agree that the event is filled with stupid, but lets not jump to THOSE kinds of conclusions.

Avatar image for MadeinBangladesh
#37 Posted by MadeinBangladesh (12452 posts) - - Show Bio

I like where it is going. The book finally picked up.

Avatar image for josedriveratcr7
#38 Posted by JoseDRiveraTCR7 (1020 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dman1366:That was 2 and half decades ago. Since then a lot of fans still debate who would win and this event fulfills that for them, even if it does so poorly.

Avatar image for jrock85
#39 Posted by jrock85 (2882 posts) - - Show Bio

@JoseDRiveraTCR7 said:

As a Thor fan I was more offended that he hit a innocent kid.

And yeah it's stupid, but it was stupid from the word go. This event is just to get money from the fanboys that always imagined what would happen if the Avengers and the X-Men fought.

So much this.

Avatar image for strider1992
#40 Posted by Strider1992 (18205 posts) - - Show Bio

Spider-man summed up my opinion on this whole series in the 2end issue(just imagine him saying it in a really sarcastic and condescending tone!):

Avatar image for mercy_
#41 Posted by Mercy_ (94554 posts) - - Show Bio

Shockerrrrrr

Moderator
Avatar image for moywar700
#42 Posted by moywar700 (3013 posts) - - Show Bio

with a piece of a phoenix,hope summers was able to scare away the celestials. That's a pretty big feat right there, scaring away space gods. The phoenix 5 should not lose to anybody on the planet and nobody who has prep time.If they do, that's PIS.

Avatar image for poisonfleur
#43 Posted by poisonfleur (4021 posts) - - Show Bio

LOL If Storm beats anyone with the Phoenix force powers, I am going to Laugh SOOO hard. All the Haters will pop out of nowhere!! XD

Avatar image for bewilderingbeing
#44 Posted by BewilderingBeing (72 posts) - - Show Bio

@Hareil0079 said:

@Pwok21 said:

@Osian2 said:

@John Valentine said:

@Hareil0079 said:

Where's everyone getting the Idea that Storm will face off with the P5, the only thing i've gathered is that BP, Beast and Captain Britain will most likely betray the avengers.

Why Black Panther?

Beast and Black Panther were the two Avengers that argued against Cap saying that it might be better to do nothing as the P5 are changing things for the better. Also Black Panther refused to be a part of the mission to kidnapp Hope saying that Wakanda didn't support it either.

That wasn't because he didn't agree with it, as he talked to the President to confirm his belief that they should be stopped due to lack of conviction. If you have super powerful warriors that have declared that there will be no war, then you do not want a small country that has just had it's main stream of income being targeted.

That said, he was one of The Avengers to oppose Cap in whether they were doing any harm or not, but he made his feelings pretty clear towards the end of the issue.

His talk with the president, he pointed out that his people for the first time can go where they want like Sudan and Ethiopia without fear. So he didn't agree as so much as disagree but pointed out that the P5 didn't declare themselves anything just gave and ultimatum of peace. The presidents words were what they were BS. Charles Xavier's Dream is peace of co-existence of mutants and humans and right now Mutants are on Utopia and no where else and Humans are well...everywhere else except for Utopia or Pax Utopia as it's called now.

The government's response is typical. The US has been at war in some part of the world every decade, in fact they make a great deal of money that way through contracting companies that supply weapons. If they were going for a sense of realism in that regard, then its reasonable to assume the Government would not tolerate being disarmed. Since the Avengers work for the Government it's typical that they would basically enforce the idea that the P5 are dangerous and need to be stopped. After all, if the US is disarmed then we can't bully other countries when it comes to negotiations. All countries would be on an even level. Can't have that! What is surprising is that the Avengers fail to see that. Their logic is, its too powerful and will eventually do something bad. However, by constantly backing the P5 in a corner it seems they are starting a self-fulfilling prophecy. They will be as much responsible for anything bad the P5 does and the P5 themselves.

Avatar image for osian2
#45 Posted by Osian2 (461 posts) - - Show Bio

@BewilderingBeing said:

@Hareil0079 said:

@Pwok21 said:

@Osian2 said:

@John Valentine said:

@Hareil0079 said:

Where's everyone getting the Idea that Storm will face off with the P5, the only thing i've gathered is that BP, Beast and Captain Britain will most likely betray the avengers.

Why Black Panther?

Beast and Black Panther were the two Avengers that argued against Cap saying that it might be better to do nothing as the P5 are changing things for the better. Also Black Panther refused to be a part of the mission to kidnapp Hope saying that Wakanda didn't support it either.

That wasn't because he didn't agree with it, as he talked to the President to confirm his belief that they should be stopped due to lack of conviction. If you have super powerful warriors that have declared that there will be no war, then you do not want a small country that has just had it's main stream of income being targeted.

That said, he was one of The Avengers to oppose Cap in whether they were doing any harm or not, but he made his feelings pretty clear towards the end of the issue.

His talk with the president, he pointed out that his people for the first time can go where they want like Sudan and Ethiopia without fear. So he didn't agree as so much as disagree but pointed out that the P5 didn't declare themselves anything just gave and ultimatum of peace. The presidents words were what they were BS. Charles Xavier's Dream is peace of co-existence of mutants and humans and right now Mutants are on Utopia and no where else and Humans are well...everywhere else except for Utopia or Pax Utopia as it's called now.

The government's response is typical. The US has been at war in some part of the world every decade, in fact they make a great deal of money that way through contracting companies that supply weapons. If they were going for a sense of realism in that regard, then its reasonable to assume the Government would not tolerate being disarmed. Since the Avengers work for the Government it's typical that they would basically enforce the idea that the P5 are dangerous and need to be stopped. After all, if the US is disarmed then we can't bully other countries when it comes to negotiations. All countries would be on an even level. Can't have that! What is surprising is that the Avengers fail to see that. Their logic is, its too powerful and will eventually do something bad. However, by constantly backing the P5 in a corner it seems they are starting a self-fulfilling prophecy. They will be as much responsible for anything bad the P5 does and the P5 themselves.

I totally agree. Like Scott said at the end of AVX 6 they keep coming even when they're at their most powerful. The Avengers will push the Phoenix Five into becoming Villains (they already tried to kidnapp a teenage girl, who Scott promised Cable he would protect, just to find a way of killing them). The Avengers and the US government are the one acting like gods. What right do they have to decide the fate of the Phoenix Five, they didn't even bother to consult with the rest of the UN and the only one they even let know about their plan was Wakanda and they didn't agree either! It's like Black Panther said "Is Thor too powerful to be trusted?".

Avatar image for hareil0079
#46 Posted by Hareil0079 (442 posts) - - Show Bio

So in other words the fact the P5 which is mostly made out of beings who have down the road of villainy before, (one almost destroying the universe for their own personal goal) means no never mind to you and it's the Avengers fault right? (being that they are used as scape goats and thanks to infinite comics cyke is losing his mind to the Phoenix anyways but thats the avengers fault i'm guessing)

Avatar image for bewilderingbeing
#47 Posted by BewilderingBeing (72 posts) - - Show Bio

@Hareil0079 said:

So in other words the fact the P5 which is mostly made out of beings who have down the road of villainy before, (one almost destroying the universe for their own personal goal) means no never mind to you and it's the Avengers fault right? (being that they are used as scape goats and thanks to infinite comics cyke is losing his mind to the Phoenix anyways but thats the avengers fault i'm guessing)

What exactly is an indication scott is loosing his mind? Throughout this whole thing most of them with the exception of emma have been very level headed. He always has been but almost to a fault, since sometimes he is cold and doesn't consider anyone's feelings. However the decisions he make are always logical. Would you elaborate a little more? Who destroyed a universe for their own personal gain?

Avatar image for hareil0079
#48 Posted by Hareil0079 (442 posts) - - Show Bio

@BewilderingBeing said:

@Hareil0079 said:

So in other words the fact the P5 which is mostly made out of beings who have down the road of villainy before, (one almost destroying the universe for their own personal goal) means no never mind to you and it's the Avengers fault right? (being that they are used as scape goats and thanks to infinite comics cyke is losing his mind to the Phoenix anyways but thats the avengers fault i'm guessing)

What exactly is an indication scott is loosing his mind? Throughout this whole thing most of them with the exception of emma have been very level headed. He always has been but almost to a fault, since sometimes he is cold and doesn't consider anyone's feelings. However the decisions he make are always logical. Would you elaborate a little more? Who destroyed a universe for their own personal gain?

Take a frog and put him in boiling hot water and it jumps out immediately... take that same frog put in water that is slowly getting hot and boiling and it's gonna die boiled alive.

Your misunderstanding what I'm saying, it's not just about scott it's about all the P5, right now the Avengers are being used as the scapegoats (thanks marvel) Yes I know they've done inexcusable things in this Second Act no ones really debating.(except the whole kidnapping thing and thanks to CBR.com and the preview for UXM 15 it further reiterates the fact that Hope left willingly and not by force..can't really call that a kidnapping but hey the X-Men are definitely not gonna mention that to everyone)

The Phoenix like jean says amplifies emotions, they maybe ok now!! but will be losing it on thier own soon this past weeks issue of Xmen Legacy is pointing that out clearly with Illyana (the one who almost destroyed the universe without giving a damn! if you read New Mutants TPB unfinished business, that is you'd know that, so what she was strapped to a bomb, illyana definitely wouldn't hesitate to do so again if given the chance.. BTW in that NM:UB i love that panel when you see all the xmen armed ready to take illyana down just in case she was willing to start something) Namor hasn't yet, Cyclops is clinging on but is slowly slipping, (whether the Avengers attacked or not thanks to Jean pointing that out on him) Emma probably will start showing in AA, Colossus probably will if something happens to his sister. Keep in mind their backgrounds with the exception of Scott and keep in mind why Storm is part of the Extinction team in the first place and the dialogue that was said... Cyke is aware he's in a room where most of his extinction team are mostly former villains and beings who can easily over take him and lose them selves That's what i'm saying it's bubbling under the surface with the P5 but everyone is using the Avengers cause they are the obvious plot device for this... ignoring the P5 background as if they were always the level heads angels.

Avatar image for xxeroone
#49 Posted by XxeroOne (115 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dman1366: @KainScion: @John Valentine: @Hareil0079: @Osian2: @Blood1991:

I never said storm could beat the PF, but thor certainly can, remember when he "injured" it in space?

also, cyclops having 1/5 of the phoenix force and being able to stop a hammer blow from thor is pure BS and you guys know it....

and to make myself clear, i said that the writers might have put that scene in on purpose as a subliminal offense to storm fans (most storm fans always argue about storm and phoenix battling)

but i stilll think the jackson 5 phoenix 5 crew looks like a bunch of clowns.....sorry

Avatar image for osian2
#50 Posted by Osian2 (461 posts) - - Show Bio

@LimitlessPower said:

@Dman1366: @KainScion: @John Valentine: @Hareil0079: @Osian2: @Blood1991:

I never said storm could beat the PF, but thor certainly can, remember when he "injured" it in space?

also, cyclops having 1/5 of the phoenix force and being able to stop a hammer blow from thor is pure BS and you guys know it....

and to make myself clear, i said that the writers might have put that scene in on purpose as a subliminal offense to storm fans (most storm fans always argue about storm and phoenix battling)

but i stilll think the jackson 5 phoenix 5 crew looks like a bunch of clowns.....sorry

Uh...I didn't argue with you at all on any of these points. I think you might have replied to me by accident.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.