Follow

Avengers vs. X-Men

Story arc »

Marvel Comics' 2012 event. As a repercussion from the events that took place in The Children's Crusade, Fear Itself, Schism, and X-Sanction, the Avengers and X-Men go to war over the return of the Phoenix Force.

Avengers VS X-Men

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By jeanroygrant

Avengers VS X-Men

What do you think of these match-ups Marvel has come up with the up coming event?

Captain America VS Cyclops

Rulk VS Colossus

Thor VS Storm

Spider-Man VS Iceman

Iron Man VS Magneto

Ms.Marvel VS Rouge

Luke Cage VS Beast

Hulk VS Emma Frost

Black Widow VS Psyshock

What do you think?

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

#2  Edited By Strider1992

A few of them are obvious stomps but i'll pick them up see how it pans out.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

Rulk VS Colossus

Thor VS Storm

Spider-Man VS Iceman

Iron Man VS Magneto

Ms.Marvel VS Rogue

Luke Cage VS Beast

Hulk VS Emma Frost

Black Widow VS Psylocke

NOTE- MY PICKS ARE BIASED ON NON PIS OR PREP TIME 
    jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By jeanroygrant

@The Stegman said:

Rulk VS Colossus

Thor VS Storm

Spider-Man VS Iceman

Iron Man VS Magneto

Ms.Marvel VS Rogue

Luke Cage VS Beast

Hulk VS Emma Frost

Black Widow VS Psylocke

NOTE- MY PICKS ARE BIASED ON NON PIS OR PREP TIME

Why do you put Magneto over Iron Man?

Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5  Edited By Kallarkz

@jeanroygrant said:

@The Stegman said:

Rulk VS Colossus

Thor VS Storm

Spider-Man VS Iceman

Iron Man VS Magneto

Ms.Marvel VS Rogue

Luke Cage VS Beast

Hulk VS Emma Frost

Black Widow VS Psylocke

NOTE- MY PICKS ARE BIASED ON NON PIS OR PREP TIME

Why do you put Magneto over Iron Man?

Because Magneto is better.

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By jeanroygrant

@Kallarkz: Explain how?

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator
    @jeanroygrant: I said with no prep time, meaning Iron man...in a suit of metal, vs a man that controls metal, however I'm sure Marvel isn't that dumb and will probably have Tony come prepared with a non metallic suit.
    Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Kallarkz

@jeanroygrant said:

@The Stegman said:

@jeanroygrant: I said with no prep time, meaning Iron man...in a suit of metal, vs a man that controls metal, however I'm sure Marvel isn't that dumb and will probably have Tony come prepared with a non metallic suit.

I meant, isn't Tony's suit already resistant to metal? You know his everyday armour?

Where have you read that the armor that Tony has on right now is resistant to metal? (and i think you meant magnets)

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By jeanroygrant

@Kallarkz said:

@jeanroygrant said:

@The Stegman said:

I meant, isn't Tony's suit already resistant to metal? You know his everyday armour?

Where have you read that the armor that Tony has on right now is resistant to metal? (and i think you meant magnets)

i Beilve someone on this Vine told me, but can't remember. :?

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator
    @jeanroygrant:  

@The Stegman said:

I dunno..it could be, but I remember in the first issue of "Magneto: Not a Hero" Tony went out of his way to get a suit that didn't have any metal components to confront Magneto..which leads me to believe his regular suit could have been affected.
    jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By jeanroygrant

@Kallarkz said:

@jeanroygrant said:

@The Stegman said:

Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Kallarkz

@jeanroygrant said:

@Kallarkz said:

@jeanroygrant said:

@The Stegman said:

It would be interesting to see a scan of that since I have not seen him show this feat with his current armor.

Osian2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Osian2

Cap vs Cyke - Even though I like Scott more in a straight up fight cap will win but I cant really see a situation where they'll be able to fight one on one without being interrupted.

Rulk vs Colossus - My bets on colossonaut

Thor vs Storm - one sided victory for Thor

Spider-man vs Iceman - Spider-man unless Bobby taps into his omega level powers like the AoA Iceman

Iron Man vs Magneto - Magneto if only that if Tony does beat him one on one it makes magneto look like hes past it

Ms Marvel vs Rogue - IMO rogue would just drain her but that would make for a pretty short fight so im sure marvel will make up some reason to drag the fight out

Luke Cage vs Beast - I dont really like either of them so i'm hoping for a double KO

Hulk vs Emma Frost - If Hulk is vulnerable to telepathy then easy victory for Emma. If he isnt then it will be an easy victory for Hulk

Black widow vs Psylocke - Probably the most even match up in the whole event so I really couldnt say.

SnowyMountain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 9

#14  Edited By SnowyMountain

Captain America vs. Cyclops

Rulk vs. Colossus

Thor vs. Storm

Spider-Man vs. Ice Man

Iron Man vs. Magneto

Ms. Marvel vs. Rogue

Luke Cage vs. Beast

Hulk vs. Emma Frost

Black Widow vs. Psylocke

My money is on Cap owning Cyclops. Cap's shield I think is probably the best neutralizer of Cyke's optic blasts and I think Cap's fighting skills will allow him to beat down Cyke.

Colossus' recent upgrade to the Juggernaut power will unfortunately I think give him too much of an advantage over Rulk.

Thor vs. Storm. The God of Thunder vs a pretend goddess is no match.

While I like Spidey, I have to say that in terms of raw power, he's out of his class against Ice Man. Unless Bobby Drake makes some sort of stupid, overconfident mistake; I have to think that Spidey will be going down.

While I'm sure that Tony Stark isn't stupid enough to go after Magneto without some sort of protection against his magnetism; Magneto just has too much of an advantage over the Armored Avenger. This is the guy who used to go up against the entire X-Men team and usually won or tied against them. Not to mention that Utopia is supposed to be built out of his old headquarters right? An iron asteroid? He's got the home field advantage and an overwhelming array of magnetic tricks to use against Iron Man.

Rogue and Ms. Marvel already fought once and Rogue came off on top way back then. Rogue's powers are also a lot more advanced now, she has an entire island of mutants to absorb the power of in order to equalize the fight against Marvel. By the way, sending someone with as much exposed skin as Carol's outfit has against someone who absorbs power through skin contact? Not the most brilliant of ideas.

Luke is the man. He's got the strength, the fighting skills, and the street saavy to bring down the Beast. While the Beast might try to outwit Luke and lure him into some sort of trap, I gotta think that Cage won't fall for it.

Hulk is the Strongest One there is. Sure, use a telepath like Emma Frost to knock him out. But I have a feeling that it won't be that easy. It hasn't worked out that well before and I think that Frost's psychic whammy just won't do the trick and her diamond-form simply doesn't have the muscle to go toe-to-toe with Green Giant.

Black Widow vs. Psylocke is a bit tricky. They got a lot of overlapping fields and although Betsy does have her telepathic and telekinetic powers, I have to think that Natasha won't be that easy. She's got a lot more experience that Betsy and she's been fighting against superpowered beings for years. Simply put, I have to think that her experience will win out.

Avengers: 5 wins vs. X-Men: 4 wins.

Advantage: Avengers!

X35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 163

User Lists: 8

#15  Edited By X35

Avengers win all because Marvel has the movie rights to them.

Avatar image for fuchsia_nightingale
    Fuchsia_Nightingale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

@X35 said:

Avengers win all because Marvel has the movie rights to them.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#17  Edited By Mercy_

Turrible

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.