gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By gmanfromheck

The Good

I really dig these 'infinite' comics. It might seem like a bit of a novelty but the simple changes in panels or addition of characters as they're speaking adds a slightly different level to the comic. It's not something I need to see all the time but it's a fun change that gives a bit of an enhanced feeling to the comic reading process. The fact that you get this free if you buy the physical copy of AVENGERS VS. X-MEN #10 and redeem the code for the free comic is a great bonus. Otherwise the digital comic can be purchased separately.

This story takes place prior to the events in AVENGERS VS. X-MEN #10. We know that Tony Stark has been working on a plan. What we get to see here is him working with Beast and Scarlet Witch. To me, Scarlet Witch is and should be the wildcard in all of this. We get to see quite a bit of here but I hope she'll have a bigger role in the next couple issues of the main series.

The Bad

I do wish I would have read this before reading AvX #10. It's not a big deal but somehow I completely missed that this issue was coming out. It doesn't really change the way you'll enjoy AvX 10 but it was nice to see.

As far as the novelty of 'infinite' comics, this issue would lost a lot of its charm if it wasn't in this format. I'm not sure if that's a good or bad thing but along with the script and the art, the presentation also serves to enhance the storytelling.

The Verdict

The story may not be crucial to the overall series but it was a blast to read, especially in this format. I could be wrong and the events here may play into the last couple issues but I"m still waiting to see what happened to (the other) Nova (Sam) from the first Infinite comic. It's a little strange how we get plenty of detail in this story but the main story almost seems to focus more on fight after fight. This story does a great job in showing how good the Infinite comics can be. It may not be quite as stellar as the first two but it's a great alternative when reading through a stack of comics.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.