Follow

Avengers: Age of Ultron

Movie » Avengers: Age of Ultron released on May 01, 2015.

When Tony Stark tries to jumpstart a dormant peacekeeping program, things go awry and it is up to the Avengers to stop the villainous Ultron from enacting his terrible plans.

Who is she?

sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 8

Poll Who is she? (21 votes)

Hela 14%
    Death 19%
    Mantis 5%
    Shuri 62%

In the second Avengers: Age of Ultron we see a mysterious woman who, at first glance, gives off a Wakandian vibe. I've been to many forums, blogs and news sites that have speculated mainly the four women I'm setting up as options for this poll.

A lot of the reasoning comes from her clothing. The clothing makes people think she is Wakandian princess Shuri (Black Panther), but others suggest, because of her cloak, that she might be Death in her human form. Shuri could serve as a bridge to Captain America: Civil War and/or to Black Panther. Then again, Death takes us closer to Avengers: Infinity War, and lets not forget that Thanos confronting the Avengers would be like "courting Death".

Now, there are other context clues that suggests she's one of the two other options. In the first trailer we see a half-naked Thor emerge from water in a setting very similar to where our mystery woman resides. If we conclude that Thor dies in this movie, maybe this is Hela recieving him into Hel. If we look at more context we might conect this mystery character to someone who has ties with more characters in this movie (and others). Mantis has ties with Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver, Vision, the Inhumans and the Guardians of the Galaxy. Can't comment on the setting, but that's also a possibility seeing as three of those she has ties with are being introduced in this movie.

So, what do guys think?

Is she Hela, Death, Mantis or Shuri?

-- Geo (sora_thekey) 24/7 geek! -- Follow me on Twitter: @Geo_sorathekey

• 
    Avatar image for majinblackheart
    MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

User Lists: 7

#1 MajinBlackheart  Moderator

I'd like for it to be Mantis since I love her, but she might be a little too complicated a character for the films. I also think the movies have met the quota for green people.

kfabz-23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I meant to vote for Hela

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By cattlebattle

It looks like an black woman in a mine to me, possibly a Vibranium mine. It's also worth noting that Klaw is in this film along with the Avengers being in South Africa. I would make a bet that its probably Shuri and we explore Wakanda a bit in this film.

Or it's just Hulks mum.

sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 8

Consider that scar on Death's face... Doesn't the mystery woman seem to have something similar going on her cheek?

Avatar image for deactivated-5f035224e8503
    deactivated-5f035224e8503

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I heard someone speculate that if it is Mantis, she could be whoever Claudia Kim is playing. Her character is a scientist named Doctor Cho apparently, but it could be a disguise/misdirect.

magnablue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Hela

Avatar image for raggedscarecrow
    RaggedScarecrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm hoping it's Shuri. More Wakanda is never a bad thing.

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

she's moondragon

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

at least I think she is.........

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.